Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Beta Guild: MMORPG.COM Community - Join us! (Please Read First Post)

Comments

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Marvelous :)

@Deacon, who knows? The forums get a lot of lurkers and attendance could be really high; or, alternatively, it could be like, 5 of us ;P

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by star

Marvelous :)

@Deacon, who knows? The forums get a lot of lurkers and attendance could be really high; or, alternatively, it could be like, 5 of us ;P

True.. and.. I dunno.. if MikeB is gunna be there... ::rolls eyes:: I don't know about this....

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Just realized you guys aren't calling this guild MMORPGCOM or anything! For shame! Pfft! Where's your MMORPG.com pride?!

EDIT: Maskedweasel is KOS in WvW.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

I approve.

Also

Originally posted by MikeB
        Just realized you guys aren't calling this guild MMORPGCOM or anything! For shame! Pfft! Where's your MMORPG.com pride?!

Pretty sure you wont be able to tell if maskedweasel is maskedweasel in WvW
  • Hero_AlphaHero_Alpha Member UncommonPosts: 60

Suppose I will join you guys. I dont have a GW2 guild so far since most my gaming friends are playing SWTOR ( I know, for shame). Thinking I will be playing a Charr for the beta to save Norn/Human.

playing:DCUO,GW2,WoW
    played:SWG,LotRO,CoH,GW,FF14,ESO,AlbionOnline

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

ruh roh

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Originally posted by Djildjamesh

I am from holland so im not sure i can join

You login from Holland but you can play on any server you want.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

image   I'm KOS in my own MMORPG.com guild.  I think thats an early achievement.

Mike is right though,  we should represent MMORPG.com,  I mean afterall, it IS a beta event. 

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Originally posted by maskedweasel

image   I'm KOS in my own MMORPG.com guild.  I think thats an early achievement.

Mike is right though,  we should represent MMORPG.com,  I mean afterall, it IS a beta event. 

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591
    Count me in. Can't wait to play.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by Wolvards

After correspondence with MikeB, the guild name has in fact been changed to reflect the the site :) represent!

Guild name will be MMORPG.COM naming conventions allowing, or as a backup, MMORPGCOM.

Cheers!

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by ariboersma

Originally posted by Maephisto

good luck to you all trying to get this started.  I hope it works out well.  Im just surprised there are this many people without guilds to go into beta with.

EDIT:  Might I suggest a healthy vetting process.  Maybe dependent on peoples posting history. 

I have never ever seen a need to play in beta with a guild.. you need to test things.. or figure out what to do to make your gameplay easier... its way better to join huge zerg beta guilds where ppl are doing the same thing instead of trying to still follow their guilds officers. Also I am guessing most guilds wont have the best showing of their guys to make it worth creating the guild. For me this is perfect for the first BWE.. if I have more guys in next BWE THEN I will make my guild and play with it.

Keep in mind that players can join multiple guilds at a time in Guild Wars 2 (think FFXI linkshells).

yes but 2.5 days is not enough to really test and play with a personal guild(learning how the guild system works and such) and also learning the game itself with others. If this was a longer beta for sure :).

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by DeaconX

Originally posted by Wolvards

After correspondence with MikeB, the guild name has in fact been changed to reflect the the site :) represent!

Guild name will be MMORPG.COM naming conventions allowing, or as a backup, MMORPGCOM.

Cheers!

awesome, cannot wait!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be there. :) Thanks for organizing this!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Maephisto

good luck to you all trying to get this started.  I hope it works out well.  Im just surprised there are this many people without guilds to go into beta with.

EDIT:  Might I suggest a healthy vetting process.  Maybe dependent on peoples posting history. 

I have never ever seen a need to play in beta with a guild.. you need to test things.. or figure out what to do to make your gameplay easier... its way better to join huge zerg beta guilds where ppl are doing the same thing instead of trying to still follow their guilds officers. Also I am guessing most guilds wont have the best showing of their guys to make it worth creating the guild. For me this is perfect for the first BWE.. if I have more guys in next BWE THEN I will make my guild and play with it.

Keep in mind that players can join multiple guilds at a time in Guild Wars 2 (think FFXI linkshells).

yes but 2.5 days is not enough to really test and play with a personal guild(learning how the guild system works and such) and also learning the game itself with others. If this was a longer beta for sure :).

From what I understand the guild seems to be pretty casual. You could just go do your own thing and chat with your fellow readers if you wanted to. Play with each other when it makes sense, hang out, etc. However involved you want to get is up to you.

We're just really happy to see you guys coming together around something like this and we'd just like to help facilitate it all for ya.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I would have loved to do this before last week, but I just joined my "for real" guild, Bad Kitty, and will probably be hangin' with them as much as possible or running around either on my own or with my partner looking for fights to get involved in. :)  It will be really cool though knowing that everyone is somewhere there. :D  I imagine that I will unknowingly be battling with many of you.  w00t....that's gonna be fun!

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• Firecrow1020Firecrow1020 Member UncommonPosts: 1

I'll join and be playing!!!!!!

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

See you there guys. My GW1 name was Amazing Avery, will use the same again :)

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

I will be making similar in-game Guild meeting with my IRL friendsGuild mates, however, see you in-game, guys

My in-game character's name is already in my sig. I will announce 'her' last name in appropriate time :)

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

Looks like this is really coming together. 

• RathanX26RathanX26 Member Posts: 119

I will be there. Sounds like it might be fun and i personally had no intentions of joining a guild until a bit later on so this should be a fun start to the game.

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

• BreakNFacesBreakNFaces Member UncommonPosts: 77

Reporting for Duty, Who is my commanding officer? or guildleader :)

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by thedealerx

Reporting for Duty, Who is my commanding officer? or guildleader :)

Depends on what server you'll be on, EU NA or ASIA :)

No real guild leaders/commanders but I'll be setting up the NA one as soon as I can.

I still need volunteers in the EU / ASIA areas to set up the guild on those servers.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• SouzetsuAeriSouzetsuAeri Member UncommonPosts: 120

Seems interesting. I am participating in the BWE and was looking for a group of folks to play with. This will do. :)

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

we should  join on teamspeak or mumble :P

This discussion has been closed.