Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Beta Guild: MMORPG.COM Community - Join us! (Please Read First Post)

Comments

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by darkhalf357x

Will I lose my character after each BWE like TERA?

A assume so.  That's standard practice, since this isn't an extended beta just a beta weekend.  Don't get too attached :)

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Originally posted by DeaconX

A assume so.  That's standard practice, since this isn't an extended beta just a beta weekend.  Don't get too attached :)

Schucks :-(

I dislike having to make a character, go through the (awesome) intro content only to be erased from memory and have to repeat.  I love that wonder of seeing something for the first time. Understand its necessary part of the beta... but doesnt mean I have to enjoy it.  Luckily ability to play the game overshadows the process :-)

I dislike having to make a character, go through the (awesome) intro content only to be erased from memory and have to repeat.  I love that wonder of seeing something for the first time. Understand its necessary part of the beta... but doesnt mean I have to enjoy it.  Luckily ability to play the game overshadows the process :-)

The best part of it with Guild Wars is... aside from the first starting bit, you should be experiencing all sorts of random dynamic events (unless you follow your story quests) so when you'll play in the future, you won't have the exact same experience :)

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

The best part of it with Guild Wars is... aside from the first starting bit, you should be experiencing all sorts of random dynamic events (unless you follow your story quests) so when you'll play in the future, you won't have the exact same experience :)

I didnt think about that. Interesting.  But now that would turn me into an alt-a-holic!  I cant win :D

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    If this happens, I should be able to provide either a vent or mumble server :)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Under the guild title the A-nuts?image

(copyrighted)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by Distopia

(copyrighted)

I think we might be going w/ 'cat shop' instead.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by aesperus

Originally posted by Distopia

(copyrighted)

I think we might be going w/ 'cat shop' instead.

That works too! Now i hope nobody steals my guild name. :)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

It's too bad I have to wait a week or so because this is going to be hilarious.

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

good thing is, with multi-guild feature, can be in mmorpg.com guild and regular guild! (ok, sounded like ulta-fanboy there)

• jaycejayce Member Posts: 133

should ask one of the admins here like mike if they can get the inside scoop of server names in advance, being members of the press and all. and since player will be wiped anyway, why not just use your forum names here as pc in-game and name the guild: MMORPG[COM]. its just for the weekend anyway and you are trying to keep it simple.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I am down to join this server.  PM or post here when we know for sure where we are going.

BTW anyone have a huge Vent channel or Mumble we can use?

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Well SWTOR did'nt wipe after every beta weekend, one of the few things it did get right.  image

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Keep this thread bump till we get more info on the server?

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Sounds fun. I plan on staying away from the personal stories so I don't water that experience down when launch comes so running around doing random DE's with a group could be pretty fun. I'll be looking for this thread when beta gets closer and we have a server picked as well as some charcter names. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

I am from holland so im not sure i can join

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

Well, it sounds sorta fun; I mean, even if we do not know the server names, we can just goto whichever takes place first in alphabetical order, or something.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Little bird knows, and told me there is a server called "Istan" why doesn't everyone go that one.

Awell, once you chose the server in the beta there's no going back

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Originally posted by Fir3line

Little bird knows, and told me there is a server called "Istan" why doesn't everyone go that one.

Awell, once you chose the server in the beta there's no going back

Should be one named Maguuma as well.... ;]

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Originally posted by aesperus

Hmm... guild name could be either Pay2Win, or cat shop...

i vote for "Cat Shop"  :P

I've got the straight edge.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

No offence guys but except for handful of posters here on GW2 forums i have no intentions of even getting any where close to mmorpg.com members in GW2. i don't want the same obnoxious attitude to ruin the game. So chances are i will stay away..far away.

Waiting patiently for beta to start.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

I'll pick any server. When we finally pick a server, I'll just teleprompt myself over there and dance around you guys for a bit. Hopefully I'll get to kill many of you in PvP imageimageimage

This is not a game.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

I agree

We should use our forum names or variations of it so it's less confusing ;)

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

Originally posted by star

If this happens, I should be able to provide either a vent or mumble server :)

Awesome I think that would be much appreciated by all :)

Thank you Star

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Pigozz

I agree

We should use our forum names or variations of it so it's less confusing ;)

very good point and since it is just a BWE I think most of us shouldn't complain too much.

This discussion has been closed.