Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware just made the same ol' mistake.

13»

Comments

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Originally posted by Giddian

Do people have nothing beter to do than to post negative things about a game they clearly don't like?  Does it do anything?  I play the game because I enjoy it. and there will be those who don't.  So my suggestion to all those people who think their opinion is in the Majority, Make that perfect game yourself since you know so much more than the Devs. I would love to see what you come up with. Last I saw SWTOR had 1.7 M Subs. that's NOT a Fail. has the numbers gone DOwn? Yes, Are some servers baron? Yes. They will combine servers and all will be good. But it doesnt matter. Negative people will continue to complain to make themselves feel better.   Play a Game you Like and quit complaining about ones you don't. Do us ALL that favor

Do us all a favor and stick to the official heavily moderated forums if you don't like negativity. These forums  belong to neither EAware nor their fanbots and as such, people can give their opinions as they see fit regardless of whether or not YOU like it.

Door's that way ----->.

and for all the Crybaby's   <------- Door's That Way

You're not understanding. You have no pull here. No mods to call and have them delete all the bad things you don't like said about SWToR. The "crybabies" as you call them are just as welcome as the sycophants.

Correct, the Same pull as a Whiner. No pull, just here to piss on peoples games to make themselves feel better

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by ktanner3

Originally posted by Denambren

This game ultimately failed because it was designed to be a single-player game with some MMO elements sprinkled in.

Not quite complete enough of a single-player title to make it good for single-player fans, and not quite complete enough of a MMO to make it good for MMO fans. 

Some of you guys have a very weird standard for failed MMOs. I guess  all the people I see in fleet that are queing for Warzones along with all of us that group every week for operations missed the memo that TOR has failed and we should save our money for whatever MMO meets your guys high and mighty standards.

What MMO out there should we all be playing? *

*SWTOR with less servers, and F2P, for a start!

Just because you see loads in the fleet on your server(s) does not mean all servers have as many people, and that is assuming that your findings is not just based on this week alone with 1.2 and the motivation to get to legacy level 6 by 22nd temporarily boosting the populations

• Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

i know on gardens of talla, the server i was on before i left. the population standard/heavy during peak hours. The server is Light during peak hours.

the before my sub ran out i logged in to see and there were , i think 2 heavy servers, alot of standards and a few light servers. 

It's not much of a opinion anymore, the game peaked and is continually losing subs. It's safe to say that the game will steady out in about 3 more months. The next content patch will either make or break people who are frustrated but have hope. Speculation on that part but , it's a continuing trend with the wow clones.

with the ME3 debacle and DA2 , i wonder what's really going on over there at bioware. They can't be happy with themselves. 

i got my money's worth out of swtor, but it's not worth 15 dollars a month. Anyone paying that really should unsub and maybe enough cancellations will get the point across.

I really want the game to get better. I grew up on star wars , being 34 years old. I am insulted by the space combat, the theme park style gameplay, and the lack of anything innovative. TBH , wow despite it's age offers so much more substance. a sharded universe....ffs bioware.

dissapointing to see another mmo with so much potential try to capitalize off another's idea. bioware.....should have said no to EA as well.

• KitaneKitane Member Posts: 39

[quote] [i]Originally posted by Wickedjelly[/i] Really? Because I never join a guild usually until the higher levels in these games after I have gotten a feel for the guilds and players out there on my server. [/quote]

Yes, I'm the same way. I want to join a guild only after getting to know the people in it for a bit. In SWTOR I found myself joining guilds just to see content, and even after three different guilds I still couldn't get groups together because there was never enough around the same level AND on when I was. I felt like a total jerk too. I've always been against guild hopping, and here I was doing it because the game was pretty much forcing me to.

I don't like to be "burned through" content by higher level players either. Where's the fun in that?

Oh, and for the person whining about us that voice our issues with SWTOR, most probably do it for the same reasons I do. Hoping that someone that's involved in making future games is reading and won't make the same bonehead decisions this development team has, and maybe this development team will eventually have to pay some consequence for the bonehead decisions they made. Remote chance I know, but what the heck. It's also therapeutic after wasting one's hard earned money on a game that had such promise, and watching that promise get squandered by a development team that couldn't pull their heads out of each other's arses and put in features that now should be in every modern MMO from the get go.

RPers have consistently twisted what RPG means. In doing that, and consistently being the most vocal minority on pretty much every gaming related site, they are slowly killing the genre.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

Do people have nothing beter to do than to post negative things about a game they clearly don't like?  Does it do anything?  I play the game because I enjoy it. and there will be those who don't.  So my suggestion to all those people who think their opinion is in the Majority, Make that perfect game yourself since you know so much more than the Devs. I would love to see what you come up with. Last I saw SWTOR had 1.7 M Subs. that's NOT a Fail. has the numbers gone DOwn? Yes, Are some servers baron? Yes. They will combine servers and all will be good. But it doesnt matter. Negative people will continue to complain to make themselves feel better.   Play a Game you Like and quit complaining about ones you don't. Do us ALL that favor

Do us all a favor and stick to the official heavily moderated forums if you don't like negativity. These forums  belong to neither EAware nor their fanbots and as such, people can give their opinions as they see fit regardless of whether or not YOU like it.

Door's that way ----->.

Agreed.

This site isn't owned by EA and isn't censored.

Go to swtor.com official forums if you want all non-fanboy posts deleted and their writers banned.

Everyone has a right to say what they think here, and discuss games openly.

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

Originally posted by Volarin

....You totally missed the main point that SWTOR did not work - that is the same old mmo game reskinned for star wars. People are sick to death of playing the same game, call it wow, tor, aion, it is all the same.

No originality, qyest, level, shit point and click combat, no death penalty, pointless concequenceless gameplay.

Thank God for PlanetSide 2, Eve and the Indi developers that are trying to drag this tired genre out of the mindless grip of Wow and it myriad of reskinned clone. Go fetch x of y my ass!

basically this.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Don't you get annoyed by people who are clearly biased in favor of the game telling everyone else to STFU?  I get it.  You like TOR.  Others don't.  Their opinions are just as valid as yours here.

can we please stop this nonsense and actually say something of substance?  Go visit a thread you like, and quit complaining about ones you don't.  Do us ALL that favor.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

This game ultimately failed because it was designed to be a single-player game with some MMO elements sprinkled in.

Not quite complete enough of a single-player title to make it good for single-player fans, and not quite complete enough of a MMO to make it good for MMO fans. 

Some of you guys have a very weird standard for failed MMOs. I guess  all the people I see in fleet that are queing for Warzones along with all of us that group every week for operations missed the memo that TOR has failed and we should save our money for whatever MMO meets your guys high and mighty standards. What MMO out there should we all be playing?

Called deceptive advtertising.  The fleet?  That's probably 85-90% of the server, at least during the "off-peak" hours.  During "prime time" it is still more than half on most servers I'd be willing to wager.  So if you aren't on the fleet, you realize just how dead the game is. 

Same with warzones.  You don't know how many instances.  and with a precious limited amount, it can only look big, but maybe not.

This is why people who have a clue stick to things you can objectively measure, pop numbers, trends, etc.

We aren't saying you shouldn't play TOR.  If you like it, enjoy it.  Just don't come here with half-assed arguments while and expect anyone to be impressed, especially MMO vets who have seen all of this stuff before.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Lolwot serious? You put stupid flashpoints as a priority above the endgame PVP issues of expertise being OP? When you hit 50 (dont know if it's changed recently as I ragequit) you have to take constant ass kickings in order to gain enough valor or wins for your daily to have a small chance of getting a item at all, or one you need in fact. Rarely do you get an item and when you do it's something you ALREADY have.

This is the frustrating thing. Who gives a shit about under 50 flashpoints? You don't even need them lol. I and many others easily leveled without that crap. Also dont get me going on the kiosks... you have to be a bad player if you don't know how to read one....

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Some of you guys have a very weird standard for failed MMOs. I guess  all the people I see in fleet that are queing for Warzones along with all of us that group every week for operations missed the memo that TOR has failed and we should save our money for whatever MMO meets your guys high and mighty standards. What MMO out there should we all be playing?

I'm guessing you probably don't want to go read this 102 page thread about declining server populations huh?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=379515&page=102

Edit:

My mistake, It continues on for another 71 pages. Silly me.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=396615&page=71

Originally posted by Celusios

Lolwot serious? You put stupid flashpoints as a priority above the endgame PVP issues of expertise being OP? When you hit 50 (dont know if it's changed recently as I ragequit) you have to take constant ass kickings in order to gain enough valor or wins for your daily to have a small chance of getting a item at all, or one you need in fact. Rarely do you get an item and when you do it's something you ALREADY have.

This is the frustrating thing. Who gives a shit about under 50 flashpoints? You don't even need them lol. I and many others easily leveled without that crap. Also dont get me going on the kiosks... you have to be a bad player if you don't know how to read one....

Yes I did put easy access to doing Flashpoints as a priority over PvP issues. In fact, I put easy access to under 50 Flashpoints as the number one priority BW should have had before releasing the game. I don't think PvP is un-improtant, but in a game like SWTOR it's importance is further down a long list.

The only reason the PvP issues in SWTOR have generated as much noise as they have this early on in the game is precisely because of the lack of a cross-server group finder for PvE content.

Most people didn't show up to play SWTOR for it's PvP I assure you. The thing was, everyone very quickly discovered doing the Flashpoints was a serious pain in the arse. People had already bought the game though, wanted something to do besides questing, but hardly anyone wanted to do the standing around for hours to get in a group it took to see the Flashpoints (and it's even worse now that so many are leaving the game and most servers are emptying out) . So guess what they turned to? PvP, which already had a group finder in place, and thus players could log in to the game after work, or school, and actually PLAY the game.

The big joke is that they're just now beginning to work on a group finder for PvE, but are saying it's only server wide. Server wide wouldn't have been good enough a month after release. It's most definitely not going to cut it now when most servers are almost devoid of players.

RPers have consistently twisted what RPG means. In doing that, and consistently being the most vocal minority on pretty much every gaming related site, they are slowly killing the genre.

• vader999vader999 Member UncommonPosts: 136

Door's that way ----->.

and for all the Crybaby's   <------- Door's That Way

You're not understanding. You have no pull here. No mods to call and have them delete all the bad things you don't like said about SWToR. The "crybabies" as you call them are just as welcome as the sycophants.

Correct, the Same pull as a Whiner. No pull, just here to piss on peoples games to make themselves feel better

Dude, why dont you go over to imdb and sort out the people trashing on Uwe Boll movies.  Once you've saved the world you can come back and save this tiny island thatis mmorpg.com.

Originally posted by vader999

Dude, why dont you go over to imdb and sort out the people trashing on Uwe Boll movies.  Once you've saved the world you can come back and save this tiny island thatis mmorpg.com.

I kind of see the 'Stop hating on SWTOR" posts coming out now as a desperate reaction by those that spent so much time telling BW what not to do with the game so as "not to be like WoW". These people are now clearly seeing just how quickly the game is dying because BW wouldn't cave on adding/changing some things that the bulk of modern mmo players want to see in any new mmo they play.  I also think the contribution their irrational anti-WoW rhetoric has had on the quick demise has a lot to do with how desperate they're looking these days.

"We dont want xxxxx and xxxxx because WoW has that!!!"

BW buys into this malarky.

Then a couple of months later

"Ummm...... why are most of the servers pretty much empty now?"

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by iceman00

Called deceptive advtertising.  The fleet?  That's probably 85-90% of the server, at least during the "off-peak" hours.  During "prime time" it is still more than half on most servers I'd be willing to wager.  So if you aren't on the fleet, you realize just how dead the game is. 

Same with warzones.  You don't know how many instances.  and with a precious limited amount, it can only look big, but maybe not.

This is why people who have a clue stick to things you can objectively measure, pop numbers, trends, etc.

We aren't saying you shouldn't play TOR.  If you like it, enjoy it.  Just don't come here with half-assed arguments while and expect anyone to be impressed, especially MMO vets who have seen all of this stuff before.

You're obviously under the mistaken impression that I care what others think. I can assure you that I don't. I could care less who plays this game and who doesn't. I'm surely not going to go out of my way to impress a faceless group of posters on the internet. But I will point out what I feel is hyperbole and tin foil hat arguments. 

The reason I asked what MMO we should all be playing is because the term "failure" is thrown around here alot.I notice it gets thrown around here with a lot of other games too.  If TOR is a failure with a million subscribers, then what isn't a failure? By your standards, WOW is the only game that isn't a failure.  Even if TOR falls to 300k subs, that's still more than a lot of MMOs out there including ones released recently.

Also, please stop using the term "VET". Let's leave that term for people who fight real wars, not make believe ones.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by iceman00

You're obviously under the mistaken impression that I care what others think. I can assure you that I don't. I could care less who plays this game and who doesn't. I'm surely not going to go out of my way to impress a faceless group of posters on the internet. But I will point out what I feel is hyperbole and tin foil hat arguments. 

The reason I asked what MMO we should all be playing is because the term "failure" is thrown around here alot.I notice it gets thrown around here with a lot of other games too.  If TOR is a failure with a million subscribers, then what isn't a failure? By your standards, WOW is the only game that isn't a failure.  Even if TOR falls to 300k subs, that's still more than a lot of MMOs out there including ones released recently.

Also, please stop using the term "VET". Let's leave that term for people who fight real wars, not make believe ones.

Aren't you trying to impress us now? Trying to show you can be the most argumentative? You obviously care or you wouldn’t be acting so insulted. Careful what you accuse others of doing when looking in a mirror will show you the same thing.

Oh more thing, mind showing us your source for 1 million subscribers? That will shut a lot of these hyperboles and tin hats up so lets have it. Just to throw a little extra kink in, that’s 1 million people that are paying, not returning for their free time or any other spin on numbers. People that are paying, paying, paying.

Come on do the game proud.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

Even if TOR falls to 300k subs, that's still more than a lot of MMOs out there including ones released recently.

Are you saying that it is possible SWTOR is as already as low as 300k subs... and that you would still find that "a success"?

• AnakamiAnakami Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by Kitane

The big joke is that they're just now beginning to work on a group finder for PvE, but are saying it's only server wide. Server wide wouldn't have been good enough a month after release. It's most definitely not going to cut it now when most servers are almost devoid of players.

That's exactly the reason why I stopped playing. I wanted to play the game but it wouldn't let me due to a lack of LFG cross server tools and the server wide one could have been designed better. I would have been fine with doing lvl 50 heroic mode FPs over and over, but instead I sat there staring at my screen while spamming LFG in Fleet chat. And that was on a heavy server (Progenitor).

It's quite ridiculous really. It wasn't the many flaws the game had but ultimately the fact that I could not play their game when I wanted to play it that made me quit. Oh, and about the community argument: X-Server tools wouldn't have hurt the community that had been established at all.

Originally posted by Anakami

It's quite ridiculous really. It wasn't the many flaws the game had but ultimately the fact that I could not play their game when I wanted to play it that made me quit. Oh, and about the community argument: X-Server tools wouldn't have hurt the community that had been established at all.

It is ridiculous.

Just today two more friends have cancelled for the exact same reason. They wanted to play when they got off work, but the game just doesn't allow most players to do that, and what with them still not committing to a cross-server LFG tool that is sorely need, it won't allow most people to play the game for the foreseeable future.