Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest: Unique Logs Ins Up 150%

2»

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    GW2 is going to change this even more. This scaling monthly fee to get to all content is bull. No reason EQ1 should cost 15 bucks a month.
  • djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

GW2 is going to change this even more. This scaling monthly fee to get to all content is bull. No reason EQ1 should cost 15 bucks a month.

If you hit up double or triple station cash events you can end up basically paying $5 a month for a sub to the game. Thats pretty awesome if you ask me for a game that has the most content of any other game out there with housing. I payed $15 for 3 months

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Yah EQ F2P is a joke you cant wear raid gear 13 years of awesome raid content you can enjoy but cant use the gear.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

ITT: Some players that still think F2P means you'll get 100% of everything the game has to offer for free. SMH

Glad to see more people trying it out, even if it's nothing like it used to be. Hell, once Vanguard goes F2P it might be worth getting the all access pass- they have a pretty decent variety of average/above average games.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by William12

Yah EQ F2P is a joke you cant wear raid gear 13 years of awesome raid content you can enjoy but cant use the gear.

More people posting things they have no idea what they are talking about. The only raid gear you can't use is the current raid gear. VoA t4+.   So yea, 13 years of raid content that you CAN use the gear for, and the very end game is reserved for paying players. I can't believe sony wouldn't just give away the game they were making money on for free. Blasphemy for a gaming company to try and make money.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the prior poster was correct almost all old gear was unuseable if you had any augments when the game went f2p March 16th

(unless you destroyed the augments)

but a recent patch on April 11th fixed that

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=185472

- Modified the functionality of prestige items so that armor or weapons with prestige augments inserted do not become prestige.

• HomergdogHomergdog Member UncommonPosts: 95

Love the F2P model, I can box all the toons I want! My Main with 6k AAs obviously is paying monthly for it, but the other 3 accounts I don't pay squat for. F2P = Win.