Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW:TOR was not much fun at 50, With 1.2 it is torture

Comments

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234

Originally posted by jacklo

Originally posted by aligada87

Originally posted by jacklo

again this is why bioware lowerd the reward system of wz. they wanted to make people who worked for it rewarded, and people who didn't well simply gets nothing. 

I think it's more likely that they want to slow down the whole process because of a distinct lack of content.

Devs have spent the last 4 months fixing bugs (or trying) and adding nothing more than what should have been there at launch.

That still isn't finished, so when do you think SWTOR will actually get some more decent content?

Bioware are pissing against the wind now. New content must be so distant that even the most casual players will have left by then.

well if they wanted to slow down the process due to lack of content, i would've thought of a different way instead of turning all bm gear affordable with wz comms. even if your fresh 50 you can join a guild and have em feed you. i'm actually very dissappointed with how easy the gear is now.  so if they was trying to slow down the process, i think they did it backwards and accelerated it by x100 lol.

Even when the only people able to obtain the comms are those who are already geared?

Everyone else is getting rolled by premades from all accounts and getting nothing for their efforts.

that is why you join a guild that is based on pvp. it's not hard unless you made a bad name for yourself, or your server plainly sucks. and if your inside a guild that is pve well try to make your own premade. like i said their is a higher chance of someone getting into a premade group then encountering an enemy group that isnt in a premade. i still cant see your point about how they slowing down the process. i'm not putting you on the spot but, i just cant simply see it. the gear is so easy to get. get premade group going. ask in general chat. do something. if someone really wanted the gear that bad they could get it in 1 whole week.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I've played SWTOR and WoW - I prefer WoW because it's got a sense of humour and takes delight in the small things like collecting.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by ktanner3

Originally posted by Kost

You do realize that getting zero rewards for a match is due to your own individual level of participation right?

If you can't eek out a measly 3 medals something is seriously wrong. It's all good though, Bioware is changing it to 1 medal next update to cater to all the bads. You'll be able to afk your way to gear again soon enough little buddy!

Yeah I don't get how he's managing that level of horrible either. Sorcerers that actually know how to play are doing fine, at least on my server they are. The only difference is now the healers ARE ACTUALLY SUPPORTING PLAYERS instead of the overpowered monstrosities that they were pre-1.2. Yes, the "I WIn" button was taken away and Sorcerers now have to actually know how to play their class. The horror.

And to the people whining about how hard the PVP is in TOR is for newcomers, try jumping into games like EVE and see how long you last without a good guild and long time played backing you up.  This is no different. Either suck it up and learn how to play your class or go play WOW.

Eve's difficulty in it is complexity of ship loadouts and skills. How can you even compare the bugs introduced by 1.2 in PVP and just breaking the whole reward system of SWTOR to that of EVE. One is gear based game another is skill based.

And yes it is quite common to get 3 medals and less when your team is rolled over by premades in BM / Warhero gear which is more common than you imagine. In that situation no amount of skill is going to save you because skill means squat when you are completely outgeared.

The medal system is so broken and random. Once i got 50 comms with 4 medals and in another match i got 30 with 8 medals. It is so random and off the mark in some cases.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

[Mod Edit]

The animation locks in Tera is where you stop  after using skills, dodge does show this.

However I think it's an intention, but PVP in Tera is still more skilled based than gear compared to previous MMOs,of course gear could matter but you have contol in movement until you use a skill.

GW 2 and Tera as far as I know will not have this issue, that SWTOR has PVP wise, honestly Tera could have it if they do the sam kind of patches SWTOR does. GW 2 they'd have to change their design and game functions in order to do so.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• darkehawkedarkehawke Member Posts: 178

Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Well the best part is you can walk away and the others of millions of people having fun won't miss you. I have been having a blast and yes I have a level 50

No offense OP but people who feel like you make people who enjoy the game have much more fun. we are slowly getting the children out of TOR and the more mature players are flocking to it.

Gratz

someone needs to get over themselves and pull their head out of EA's ass

its one thing to say you enjoy the game, its quite another to claim that only children dont enjoy the game as you implied.

especially the game is heavily inspired and identical to a childrens tv programme

Currently playing- SWG PreCU & GW 2
    Have tried WoW, AoC, & Vanguard, SWG:NGE, GW, LOTRO & SWTOR
    Best MMO: SWG
    Worst MMO: SWTOR

You do realize that getting zero rewards for a match is due to your own individual level of participation right?

If you can't eek out a measly 3 medals something is seriously wrong. It's all good though, Bioware is changing it to 1 medal next update to cater to all the bads. You'll be able to afk your way to gear again soon enough little buddy!

Yeah I don't get how he's managing that level of horrible either. Sorcerers that actually know how to play are doing fine, at least on my server they are. The only difference is now the healers ARE ACTUALLY SUPPORTING PLAYERS instead of the overpowered monstrosities that they were pre-1.2. Yes, the "I WIn" button was taken away and Sorcerers now have to actually know how to play their class. The horror.

And to the people whining about how hard the PVP is in TOR is for newcomers, try jumping into games like EVE and see how long you last without a good guild and long time played backing you up.  This is no different. Either suck it up and learn how to play your class WITH OTHERS or go play WOW.

eve is a sandbox

swtor is meant to be aimed for a casual player.

it cant be both. hell it can barely do one as it is

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Chrome1980

And to the people whining about how hard the PVP is in TOR is for newcomers, try jumping into games like EVE and see how long you last without a good guild and long time played backing you up.  This is no different. Either suck it up and learn how to play your class or go play WOW.

Eve's difficulty in it is complexity of ship loadouts and skills. How can you even compare the bugs introduced by 1.2 in PVP and just breaking the whole reward system of SWTOR to that of EVE. One is gear based game another is skill based.

Yes, one is gear based and the other is skill point based. Some people prefer hot dogs over cheeseburgers. Doesn't change my point that if you have played those game longer you will have an advantage over someone just starting out.

Far as the rewards go, I don't see why someone should get great rewards just for showing up. That's like having teachers across america giving C's on term papers just for participating. We don't need that type of reward system in our gaming.

And yes it is quite common to get 3 medals and less when your team is rolled over by premades in BM / Warhero gear which is more common than you imagine. In that situation no amount of skill is going to save you because skill means squat when you are completely outgeared.

Yes, if someone has put in the time to get the best gear they will kick your butt. Eventually with time played, you can have the same thing. I notice that when I do a better job in Warzones I get better rewards. That's how it should be. There's nothing broken about it.

The medal system is so broken and random. Once i got 50 comms with 4 medals and in another match i got 30 with 8 medals. It is so random and off the mark in some cases.

To me random is what makes it so fun. Why should you go into a PVP matchup knowing what your reward will be by just showing up? Where's the fun it that? For all the talk I see around here about how TOR is SO easy I see a lot of whining about how it's too hard.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Originally posted by darkehawke

Well the best part is you can walk away and the others of millions of people having fun won't miss you. I have been having a blast and yes I have a level 50

No offense OP but people who feel like you make people who enjoy the game have much more fun. we are slowly getting the children out of TOR and the more mature players are flocking to it.

Gratz

its one thing to say you enjoy the game, its quite another to claim that only children dont enjoy the game as you implied.

especially the game is heavily inspired and identical to a childrens tv programme

It's hard not to use the word children when people go nuts over having their favorite "I WIN" button taken away.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Someone said in another thread that Bioware's motto is: "if it isn't broken, break it and piss off customers".

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Yes, one is gear based and the other is skill point based. Some people prefer hot dogs over cheeseburgers. Doesn't change my point that if you have played those game longer you will have an advantage over someone just starting out.

Far as the rewards go, I don't see why someone should get great rewards just for showing up. That's like having teachers across america giving C's on term papers just for participating. We don't need that type of reward system in our gaming.

You are creating a strawman because no one said anything for being rewraded just for showing up. the whole reward system is broken and discourages new players because too much focus has been shifted from wining a match to collecting medals. People rarely used to leave matches before 1.2 but now quitting is more rewarding than keep playing.

I know about the prefernce and how people prefer one thing over, but the comparison was made by you not me. Comparing a sandbox MMO to themepark MMO with 4 instanced warzonzs isn't a bright idea to show the level of PVP difficulty . SWTOR was aimed at casual from very beginning.

Yes, if someone has put in the time to get the best gear they will kick your butt. Eventually with time played, you can have the same thing. I notice that when I do a better job in Warzones I get better rewards. That's how it should be. There's nothing broken about it.

You are not a one man army. you are as good as your rest of your team. And after big nerfs to healing and boost to dps, people fall like flies.  You have to be able to stay alive to do your job. You make it sound as if all pugs  enter with perfect number of healers, dps or tanks in warzones. 

Infact people who are benefiting the most from these changes are dps classes and those who are already in BM sets.

To me random is what makes it so fun. Why should you go into a PVP matchup knowing what your reward will be by just showing up? Where's the fun it that? For all the talk I see around here about how TOR is SO easy I see a lot of whining about how it's too hard

No sorry that is nonsense, If random reward was so much fun why did BW remove champion and battlemaster bags? it was all based on RNG and luck. The reason they removed random rewards was to encourage new comers and get people on equal levels of gear in reasonable time, so that players can fight out on basis of skills and not gear in new ranked warzones. They wanted to reduce the gap on gear and focus more on skills.

BW's philosphy is completely opposite of yours even though they failed to get the desired results. You remind me of that guy who said '3 vS 8' matches was new feature of 1.2 although BW admitted it was a bug just like how random rewards is not feature but another bug in 1.2

• SmilingdeathSmilingdeath Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by nomss

Gratz

wow, with great attitudes like yourself, this is how good games are destroyed.

Guess what? Once GW2 hits, I won't show my face to TOR. And guess what? It is not only me, there are few others.

I know what the OP is talking about. 1.2 is nonesense.

Ahhh yes, I totally forgot that GW2 is the perfect MMO, its has no bugs, endless endgame content, Billions of players to play with and its the reason why other MMO's should just close shop and bow to GW2.

/sarcasm

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Guess what? Once GW2 hits, I won't show my face to TOR. And guess what? It is not only me, there are few others.

Just like how everyone left all the other MMOs once GW1 launched years ago...

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648

PVP at lvl 50 is total crap.  Haven't got a chance to grind out your bm gear well have fun getting stomped all night.  Funny when many of those who have the gear exploited their way to it before the patch.  I finally unsubbed,  I like pvp but the fact is the pvp is just a gear grind and there is no middle ground.  What you end with is those that will be farmed for kills and those that can kill enjoy :).

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

I'm pretty sure a lot of people have little to no knowlegde of how PvP works in SWTOR. A great deal could be fixed if people just read patch notes and devs were a bit clear on the exact changes. PvP's all about equipment/expertise . Pre 1.2 it was p.i.a. You sucked in pvp because you didn't have equipment/expertise , Now you can purchase pvp equipment with expertise and not suck as badly . It'll allow you gain valor and be moderately effective . Fighting in PvE gear/wrong build just brings nothing but frustration and butt hurt.  I kinow from personnal experience how frustration PvP was until I got gear and adjusted the build. 1.2 is an improvement in this area.

What I will criticize EA for is that lack of a pvp gear /pve gear switch button . I hate having to change from PvP to PvE gear one item at a time. Which brings me to the point that it is bad game design that I need two sets of armor for PvP/PvE.. Also not thrilled about grinding a new set of armor for PvP ( warlord ) and PvE ( Black Hole ? or some crap like that ) if you're going to complain about 1.2 that's where you start.

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234

Originally posted by Smilingdeath

Gratz

Ahhh yes, I totally forgot that GW2 is the perfect MMO, its has no bugs, endless endgame content, Billions of players to play with and its the reason why other MMO's should just close shop and bow to GW2.

/sarcasm

its going to be a battle between both mmo.  in the long run the launch of gw2 could turn out bad and everyone just sticks to swtor lol. who knows

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Gratz

/sarcasm

its going to be a battle between both mmo.  in the long run the launch of gw2 could turn out bad and everyone just sticks to swtor lol. who knows

I get the feeling that a lot of people will be upset with GW2's shortcomings.  Tera can't compete and I seriously have my doubts about anything coming from Funcom....

Most likely people will be flocking back to TOR once this happens.

Gratz

It's hard not to use the word children when people go nuts over having their favorite "I WIN" button taken away.

and its easy to use when you generalise like this.

i have seen plenty of reasonable complaints washed aside by people using the same thing you said.

not accusing you of doing this, just get frustrated by the amount of fanbois who are determined to run SWTOR in the ground by not admitting there are major flaws.

if those major flaws got fixed, then you may have a great game that could actually last. the foundations are there

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Agree with OP. I was going to play this game to TERA release but this isnt even remotely fun anymore. Playing PUG warzones and getting zero commendations and if lucky 35-50. Healers cant keep up anymore so I am dying alot more, even though I am full tank specced guardian.

Whoever are calling the shots for this game is clueless. This is not fun, period. Wasn't that fun before 1.2 but now PvP is just terrible.

Gratz

i have seen plenty of reasonable complaints washed aside by people using the same thing you said.

not accusing you of doing this, just get frustrated by the amount of fanbois who are determined to run SWTOR in the ground by not admitting there are major flaws.

if those major flaws got fixed, then you may have a great game that could actually last. the foundations are there

I have yet to see anyone say that TOR doesn't have flaws.

Gratz

I have yet to see anyone say that TOR doesn't have flaws.

the way some argue gives out those connotations.

Originally posted by Yamota

Agree with OP. I was going to play this game to TERA release but this isnt even remotely fun anymore. Playing PUG warzones and getting zero commendations and if lucky 35-50. Healers cant keep up anymore so I am dying alot more, even though I am full tank specced guardian.

This is why a game should NEVER cater too much to  PVPers because they think that if they die too much that there is something wrong with the game.

Whoever are calling the shots for this game is clueless. This is not fun, period. Wasn't that fun before 1.2 but now PvP is just terrible.

Considering the amount of times you said that TOR was "shallow" before release and how it was the wrong direction for the genre I'm surprised you even bought the game. Why spend money and time on a game that you know isn't for you?

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by grimal

Gratz

/sarcasm

I get the feeling that a lot of people will be upset with GW2's shortcomings.  Tera can't compete and I seriously have my doubts about anything coming from Funcom....

Even if and when those games dont live up to expectations, its a delusion to think that people will flock BACK to SWTOR.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Originally posted by grimal

Gratz

/sarcasm

Even if and when those games dont live up to expectations, its a delusion to think that people will flock BACK to SWTOR.

prob right

currently i'm back in SWTOR to see the changes as i have the free time they have given to all cancelled accounts. 

unfortunately, if gw2 fails, i may quit MMO's until i can give Arche Age a go, or more likely go back to vanguard when it goes f2p

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by johnnychangs
    I played SWTOR through beta and after launch.  Was in a large guild, did lots of PvP, and completed both Hardmode OPS weekly.  Until about a month ago.
    I earned Battlemaster the 'old' way.  No Ilum exploits or killstacking at all.  Straight up Warzones mostly.  My BM gear was from the RNG Battlemaster comms from bags.
    The pre-1.2 changes they made to PvP came around the time where I took a two week break. I came back, and my friends were all War Heroes with full Battlemaster gear.  In less than two weeks.  This is when I found myself struggling to log in.
    Classic argument with gear progression and depreciation that exists in lots of MMOs.  Same old story, just didn't think we'd see it in SWToR so fast.
    Now, after the 1.2 patch, the same bugs continue to exist in Hardmode OPS and Flashpoints.  Yes there's more content, but they could have at least fixed some of the issues that have existed for months.
    Adding flashy cosmetic garbage and ingame zoos while destroying PvP and ignoring existing issues really was the end for me.
    Cancelled.

im pretty much in the same boat. I got too bored about 3 weeks ago and didnt even get full BM .. was running with premades, but it was boring as hell just steamrolling pug team after pug team. Was looking forward to getting back into it with rated wzs and having a similar grind as the BM grind which was fun really. The RNG portion of it needed to go .. but at the rate that 1.2 introduced .. I would likely never get full WH, and I play too much as it is. 5-6 days a week, 4-5 hours a day.

But of course they pulled rated wzs. Sure it's better than releasing bugged content, but I don't pay $15 a month for failure to meet deadlines.

With the ridiculously easy pve content (1.2 HM raid was cleared the day after it was released) .. the mindnumbingness of running 85% of the same boring dialog on an alt .. and the lack of competitive wz matches .. it boggles my mind why people still play this game.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Originally posted by Yamota

I play a hybrid juggernaut (gaurdian mirror), emphasis on survivability. I do respectable damage, and proper use of cooldowns keeps me in the fight longer now than pre-patch. You might just need to play with your build or your rotation, because with a decent healer on your team that you're actively supporting you should still last a ridiculous amount of time. We're the best peelers in the game, a healer should have no fear if we're doing it right.