Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't know if this is true, but I will post it anyway.

GanatharGanathar Member Posts: 143

http://www.doom-gaming.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4319&sid=eb41ece627d2901f1520bbb79bf7be77

If this source is correct, NCsoft paid people to gank lowbies in TERA's CBT. That seems pretty stupid IF it's true, since only the PvP crowd rolls in PvP servers.

I am not saying that this is reliable, so take it with a grain of salt if you want.

Comments

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• morbitangelmorbitangel Member UncommonPosts: 70

do you really think that if ncsoft wanted to do something like this they would actually use some cupcakes that post a big phat thank you to our sponsors so the entire world can see it?

im not a fan of ncsoft but this made me lol i doubt theyre this dumb

• GanatharGanathar Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by morbitangel

do you really think that if ncsoft wanted to do something like this they would actually use some cupcakes that post a big phat thank you to our sponsors so the entire world can see it?

It seems pretty dumb to me too, but why post it then?  I do not completely trust this source, but who knows? Are the admins of that site trolling?

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

Exactly. Those fellas over at DooM couldn't scrub to brian cells together if their lives depended on it. 

• StyleGamingStyleGaming Member Posts: 43

Well the people at DooM got what they wanted.. Views on thier website. 

- http://www.youtube.com/user/myfreestylegaming

AC>EQ>War>EVE>AoC>Aion>SWTOR>FireFall>Tera/GW2

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Sounds pretty awesome...in some way.

I wouldn't be surprised corporations would do such thing, cause yes they're still corporations.

It could be true, and it could be false. I think we should estimate this somewhere around 99.998% false and 0.002% true.

This balance could change a lot if someone can give anything to show this website's credibility.

• morbitangelmorbitangel Member UncommonPosts: 70

yes i do believe coorperations would do this kinda thing.

would they use some random ppl like on that doom forum though? i very very much doubt that i mean why would you pay these random ppl if you could just let some of your own ppl do it lol.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

sounds like something EA would do but ncsoft..no chance.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

yes i do believe coorperations would do this kinda thing.

would they use some random ppl like on that doom forum though? i very very much doubt that i mean why would you pay these random ppl if you could just let some of your own ppl do it lol.

How random do you think these guys are and how do you know that?

To me they're complete nobodies, but that doesn't mean they truly are.

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Why would they pay some random guild when they can get their unpaid interns to do it for free? or even get the low paid CS people to do it? It's illogical from a financial standpoint. 

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

LOL'ED HARD

Silliest thing i've read today.

This is a combo with the other conspiracy about NCSoft paying Gamebreker.tv to bash Tera.

• HimemiyaHimemiya Member Posts: 139

Now it's showing

The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this forum."

Where did they mention anything about getting paid, earlier? I thought the term they used was "sponsored" which could be in more ways than only monetary. No?

L2P TERA combat:

• gitskigitski Member Posts: 6

Absolutely shocking if this is true , and the Doom guild need to be pk'd on sight in TERA , there is no excuse for this type of behaviour.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

They took it down :(

Someone should have copypasta'd it.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

FFA PVP is one of TERAs major features, why would NCSoft pay someone to promote that in a competitors game?

• DotnetDotnet Member UncommonPosts: 34

edit

• GanatharGanathar Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by DarkPony

This is what was written.

"On behalf of DooM I would like to thank our sponsor NCSoft.

As many of you already know, thanks to the support of NCSoft, both supplying us with tera beta keys and money towards our website. I think we did you guys proud, I'm sure many people wont buy Tera now, due to the amount of low level ganking we achieved on behalf of you.

For the people that don't know the full story to keep things simple. NCSoft paid us to annoy and put off as many people from playing Tera as possible. This was due to both guild wars 2 coming out around the same time as Tera and the law suit they currently have against blue hole.

once again thank you NCSoft, you know where we are when you require our services again."

• L3nnyGpL3nnyGp Member UncommonPosts: 153

Originally posted by Ganathar

Originally posted by DarkPony

This is what was written.

"On behalf of DooM I would like to thank our sponsor NCSoft.

As many of you already know, thanks to the support of NCSoft, both supplying us with tera beta keys and money towards our website. I think we did you guys proud, I'm sure many people wont buy Tera now, due to the amount of low level ganking we achieved on behalf of you.

For the people that don't know the full story to keep things simple. NCSoft paid us to annoy and put off as many people from playing Tera as possible. This was due to both guild wars 2 coming out around the same time as Tera and the law suit they currently have against blue hole.

once again thank you NCSoft, you know where we are when you require our services again."

Whether its true or not, we may never know...but to think a guild stupid enough, would post and blatantly advertise what they were "paid" to do. Is just plain silly...

This can be looked at in so many ways...

• GingerBreathGingerBreath Member Posts: 2

Well I've been looking around now since this was posted as I'm interested if it is true and I just come accross this which is a bit suspect.

http://doom-gaming.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4337

• GamerFunGamerFun Member Posts: 28

Who cares?, I would of loved to seen some PvP action from this if I was playing at the time this may of taken place. I'd have a blast.

MMORPG & FPS Gamer Veteran of seventeen years.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Even if true, people who role on a PVP server should expect to get ganked by asshats even if they aren't paid, all part of the service as they say.

And I suspect few were really turned off by it, too easy to roll on another server or even go over to a PVE one if it bothered them that much.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GingerBreathGingerBreath Member Posts: 2

I wonder if they really have got those beta keys, the pictures look kind of real.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

This is a good way to make NCSoft look like the devil, especially with all the publicity surrounding the Korean court proceedings coming out.  In fact, it looks manufactured to do exactly that.  If NCSoft is actually not behind it, I think a libel suit is in order.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

since when does anyone outside of korea give 2 shits about whats going on inside of korea (obviously south not north)

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Bah it sounds like bulls.

I don't see NCSoft paying someone to gank players in another game, especially not some charlatans who then write it on a public board.