Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst support ever

124»

Comments

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please refrain from attacking the OP.  Cleaning up the thread now.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

I've gotten support from ArenaNet twice. Both times I got a response within 24 hours.

Given the OP claims he bought the game weeks ago despite the fact that prepurchase hasn't been available for weeks, I doubt that they purchased the game from ArenaNet (ie: official site).

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Originally posted by Searias

Apparently arenanet's tech support isn't that great http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/err-7-and-arenanet-tech-t45216.html. Oh well, it's the game that matters right?  I am ready for it even if the game does suck, because this time around I bought a lifetime sub to The Secret World, 1 year sub to Tera, and bought the regular version of Guild Wars 2, so if I get bored with one game I can alway play another. But if all 3 sucks, then I am screwed, lol.

wow, you already bought lifetime sub to secret world, and 1 year to Tera?

What convinced you to do that?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by OldManFunk

I've gotten support from ArenaNet twice. Both times I got a response within 24 hours.

Given the OP claims he bought the game weeks ago despite the fact that prepurchase hasn't been available for weeks, I doubt that they purchased the game from ArenaNet (ie: official site).

Me too, and the same. But OP tried to get support for an unreleased game, not the same thing.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

OP, have you tried ask on twitter?

They have answered so many question on twitter I think they already answered it :p

https://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

Originally posted by Elminzter

well after i pre purchase and when I request for support it was soo pathetic that even after a couple of weeks there isnt any  reply at all, just the usual we are looking into it, I mean wtf just a simple question am I able to convert my DDE copy to a physical CE, a YES or NO will be sufficient.

imo, i shutter to think whats gonna happen when the game launch, it's like the f2p games non existent support.

"No reply at all, just the usual we are looking into it"

Wouldn't that be a response?

I would think the part about "we are looing into it" would tell you that they do not know yet. 

I don't think you are telling us the full story. Perhaps you could post what you wrote, and what the response was?

Maybe he did get a response... I must have read the OP wrong:

quoted text:

"even after a couple of weeks there isnt any reply at all, just the usual we are looking into it, I mean wtf just a simple question am I able to convert my DDE copy to a physical CE, a YES or NO will be sufficient."

So, you did get a response and they said that they are looking into it, or you did not get a response?

If a yes or no is all you're looking for, wouldn't the answer be no unless they can find a way? Doesn't that suffice?

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by evilastro

Originally posted by skeaser

They are slow. I still have no clue how to buy a digital copy from Europe with a US billing address...

Yeah a faster response regarding region locking would be nice. Its why I still havent pre-purchased.

I'm fine with that, I just cannot purchase from the Arena.net store. In Spain so I see the EU store and can't pick USA as billing address, but that is my billing address. 

Nothing new, Microsoft wouldn't let me use APO forever either...

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

well after i pre purchase and when I request for support it was soo pathetic that even after a couple of weeks there isnt any  reply at all, just the usual we are looking into it, I mean wtf just a simple question am I able to convert my DDE copy to a physical CE, a YES or NO will be sufficient.

imo, i shutter to think whats gonna happen when the game launch, it's like the f2p games non existent support.

Okay,  here's the deal.  

1) It's only been 7-days.  That's it.  Pre-orders were available on April 10th, so there's no way you pre-ordered sooner than that unless it was a retailer (not A-Net), which would mean the question goes to the retailer and not A-Net.

2) If you've done the SLIGHTEST bit of effort on your end of researching, you'd know that the Collector's Edition is ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH RETAILERS.

3) Part #2 answers your question itself, in that it is NOT possible to change a pre-order done through A-Net to a physical CE.  Again, it took all of 30sec and 10 brain cells to find this out.

Raging against customer support, which most likely only sent you a single email auto-response, is just pathetic.  I'm sorry, but it's impatient people like you that really tick me off.  Instant gratification, self-absorbed people that have one-track minds and are so engorged by their own ego that they fail to see something so obvious that is right in front of them, those kind of people are just ...wrong.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

I thought it was clear in the FAQ that you will be able to upgrade, but they do not have the system right now.  I thought about the same thing and was able tofind the anser the day after i bought DD.  

Originally posted by evilastro

They are slow. I still have no clue how to buy a digital copy from Europe with a US billing address...

Yeah a faster response regarding region locking would be nice. Its why I still havent pre-purchased.

I'm fine with that, I just cannot purchase from the Arena.net store. In Spain so I see the EU store and can't pick USA as billing address, but that is my billing address. 

Nothing new, Microsoft wouldn't let me use APO forever either...

Sometimes you can call the store and explain your situation and they can get around the billing address problem to place the order for you.

Web orders are usually more strict when it comes to that kind of stuff to prevent people from ordering the wrong one but doing it the old fashioned way usually works.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267

Nobody noticed Elminzter didn't answer a single question asked of him in this? Smellz of troll tryin to drum up some controversy. thread should be locked and deleted. :P

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will end up being diagnosed as a classic case of the PEBKAC. Such a difficult ailment to cure, but it can be done!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

well lots of intelligent ppl around that is clear, please explain why I have yet to hear from the support staff an answer for my question????

pray tell me why I never got an answer to what I needed from the horses mouth unless u guys are working for them, get them to give me a reply.

as I said where is the goddam support......nothing.... silence.......

edit:

Reason why I do not answer is clear, all I want is some support and I am not getting any, UNDERSTAND, NOTHING period!!!!

and why post for the sake of posting crap....

We're posting for the sake of you trying to comprehend something you don't. 

COLLECTOR'S EDITIONS ARE FROM RETAILERS ONLY!

A-Net just opened pre-purchases 7-days ago and has probably had over millions of customers.  And, mind you they're global too.  To that aspect, say they have 500 customer service reps, and that's stretching it.  So, now say 50% of their customers have tickets/open CS questions.  That's 500,000/500 = 1,000 tickets per person.  That's a shit ton of work for a single week.  CHILLL OUT AND BE PATIENT!.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

[mod edit]

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

This discussion has been closed.