Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TOR Not Tanking

Comments

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Now, I don't know how the server pops are in regards to how many are on a light, standard, heavy etc. However, in response to a poster saying about ghost towns...

I am on a light pop server, Veela and I just went on to see the pop on the fleet and even light there are 100 ppl on.

Here are my pics, claim what you will of them...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/72422157.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/74657290.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/36517062.jpg/

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by whisperwynd

Now, I don't know how the server pops are in regards to how many are on a light, standard, heavy etc. However, in response to a poster saying about ghost towns...

I am on a light pop server, Veela and I just went on to see the pop on the fleet and even light there are 100 ppl on.

Here is my pics, claim what you will of them...

100 in that zone and that instance friend, but yeah, oh wait you did say fleet =D  Goto your map and check what instances are available....if there are switch to that one and report the numbers....IF YOU DONT MIND!! No obligations friend to do this just curious is all.

Originally posted by OldMMOGamer

Here is my pics, claim what you will of them...

100 in that zone and that instance friend, but yeah, oh wait you did say fleet =D  Goto your map and check what instances are available....if there are switch to that one and report the numbers....IF YOU DONT MIND!! No obligations friend to do this just curious is all.

I don't wish to go into this too much, just that someone mentioned being on a standard server and said there were 30-40 ppl on fleet. I just posted these to show that 100 ppl CAN be on fleet on a light server.

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

Originally posted by Jason2444

http://startupgrind.com/2012/04/exclusive-electronic-arts-set-to-lay-off-500-employees/

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2012/04/16/electronic-arts-ivanhoe-mines-among-stocks-hitting-52-week-lows-monday/

WHELP

WHELP?      http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/rumour-ea-preparing-for-500-1-000-layoffs/094475

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/16/ea-denies-report-of-incoming-mass-layoffs/

"EA is growing and looking to hire hundreds of people for our digital console, mobile and social games. Like all game companies, we make occasional adjustments to resize teams as projects are completed and new priorities are established"

It's like I'm watching Warhammer 2.0

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

EA is realing from king.com overtaking them and zynga in the facebook gaming market. Something EA has been pushing for months now. That's why the stocks took another hit, the short selllers taste blood in the water. His biggest backers know EA doesn't hav the cash to overcome the competition so layoffs and downsizing is their only option left to defend against other companies.

Ritticello is on his last leg.

Originally posted by Bunks

EA is realing from king.com overtaking them and zynga in the facebook gaming market. Something EA has been pushing for months now. That's why the stocks took another hit, the short selllers taste blood in the water. His biggest backers know EA doesn't hav the cash to overcome the competition so layoffs and downsizing is their only option left to defend against other companies.

Ritticello is on his last leg.

I'm just amused at the fact that their game are dying and they haven't even had to compete with anything.

GW2, TERA, MoP and all the other MMOs are still set to release.

I'ts like EA fell on it's face and it's about to get nailed with a bat

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB

Im just as amused that you think anyone will take what you say seriously when one need only look at your tag. 

Why cause I've played lots of MMOs?

YOU SURE SHOWED ME

Im just as amused that you think anyone will take what you say seriously when one need only look at your tag. 

YOU SURE SHOWED ME

Last line of it there Sparky.  ;)

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Paragus1

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-laying-off-up-to-1000-report-6371851

"Andersen pointed to a variety of contributing factors for the cuts, noting that the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars: The Old Republic did not meet internal sales estimates and is facing declining subscription numbers."

Sigh. I am not sure if I should laugh or cry.

EA has been IMVPO the single greatest destroyer of game creativity, always putting profit and stocks interests over quality games and longevity. They are the bane of creative games with long value. Not for accident in Ultima VII/2 Serpent Isle the Three Banes of Chaos which destroy the continent are symbolized by a square, a triangle and a globe, the (former?) symbols of EA. They number of creative top studios they bought, robbed blind for quick bucks and then let fall into the abyss is long and painful. Westwood, Origin, Bullfrog, Mythic among others and now Bioware. They learned, alas, nothing.

Insofar, in EA finally will fall, it will be like the fall of Sovjet Communism. A great relief that a long nightmare finally ended. But EA is also one of the biggest investor, and if it falls, a lot of great game IP's fall with it into obscurity. And who then will invest into expensive Triple AAA titles anymore? It may quite likely create a long dark age of gaming, when for a long time no investor will dare to wage money in large and expensive games. Which may mean MORE mediocre, cheap games, and maybe some obscure indie games here and there left.

If the meteor crushes the dinosaur, the mice have to flee underground for a long time.

I really, really wished EA had learned and made something with the money, the creativity and the chances they had. Unfortunately, even tho SWTOR really isn't bad and has it's good and some great moments, overall it is so so SO mediocre altogether. Why this had to be so, why they just DID NOT LISTEN to ANY sound and well advise, it is something I will never understand. It's as if they WANTED to demise. But they HAD to drag down Star Wars of all IPs with them.

Damn you EA, DAMN YOU!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

YOU SURE SHOWED ME

That Electronic Arts is the worst MMO company for making MMOs?

Well lets look at EAs prestigious list of past MMOs:

Warhammer online

The Sims Social

And fucking APB

Warhammer online

The Sims Social

And fucking APB

Not arguing your opinion, just making the bridge of reasoning for what the other poster said. Meaning your opinion of EA is clear and he won't see anything you say as being objective. Vice versa I'm sure.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

YOU SURE SHOWED ME

Warhammer online

The Sims Social

And fucking APB

I'm not familiar with this one. Whatever it is their marketing should have steered away from that name.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I'm just amused at the fact that their game are dying and they haven't even had to compete with anything.

GW2, TERA, MoP and all the other MMOs are still set to release.

I'ts like EA fell on it's face and it's about to get nailed with a bat

I almost said I'm shocked they haven't thrown the customers a bone and had transfers and merged dead servers already. Then, I remembered in beta BW couldn't even give testers high levels to test the higher level content for more than a day. They tried it twice, broke servers, broke classes/quests, it was a mess. They couldn't figure out how to do it so end game was never heavily tested by general testers. Could be they still hadn't been able to figure it out yet since we couldn't copy to PTR. They really aren't prepared to be able to take on an mmo yet imo, and it shows.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Take alook at ToR status and one can quickly see that ToR's has many less players playing today than this time last wek.  The hemoraging of subs has not stopped.  What has happened has that all the players have been moving to 3 US servers as almost all other servers are dead.  There are only 11 US servers and 2 Euro servers left with any substantial population.

1.2 has not stopped people leaving.  Look at the bottom of ToR status it will show you the oveall drop each day and subs continue to drop each day.  ALmost every server is a ghost town.

I am not saying the OP is intentinally lying but his post is nonsense and is backed up by nothing other than mere hope.  The game is still continuing to die.  Even with free playtime there are l,ess people playing everyday.  Their only chance left is to merge servers or otherwise all servers but 4 or 5 will be dead.

Originally posted by Zippy

Take alook at ToR status and one can quickly see that ToR's has many less players playing today than this time last wek.  The hemoraging of subs has not stopped.  What has happened has that all the players have been moving to 3 US servers as almost all other servers are dead.  There are only 11 US servers and 2 Euro servers left with any substantial population.

1.2 has not stopped people leaving.  Look at the bottom of ToR status it will show you the oveall drop each day and subs continue to drop each day.  ALmost every server is a ghost town.

I am not saying the OP is intentinally lying but his post is nonsense and is backed up by nothing other than mere hope.  The game is still continuing to die.  Even with free playtime there are l,ess people playing everyday.  Their only chance left is to merge servers or otherwise all servers but 4 or 5 will be dead.

Their egos tell them that nothing is wrong. image

Dark Age of Camelot

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Swotor is basically the 200lb girl on the beach with the beauty pagent begining in 10 minutes. With Tera TSW, GW2, and D3 coming in.

It's over....game over....

• TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189

I pretty sure any increase in server queues and population is because they're letting anyone log in and play who bought the game. You don't need a active account.

----

We are so excited about Game Update 1.2: Legacy, that we are offering you a limited time opportunity to come back and play at no charge* until April 20, 11:59PM CDT / April 20, 4:59AM GMT. Plus, reactivate your former account by April 22, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT, to get the in-game Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Pet**!

Log in and play with your previously created characters. It's easy - no credit card required! Click here for more information.

----

In one week it'll all be back to going downhill.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I know there are a lot of servers. But a lot of servers don't mean a lot of population. The fatman and another server are the only two with large populations on them, there are a couple others that also have a heavy population occasionally, but most are on standard. Which if bioware was smart, they would merge those servers, instead of sitting there acting like they have such high populations on each one. Or just trying to make themselves look better. I don't think they realised most games that open new servers on launch for the demand, have to merge them later, otherwise they have a giant amount of servers with absolutely no players on them.

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

Are you having fun in the game? yes?

The stop caring if everyone else is :D The game doesn't need large crowds to be enjoyed. Hell, i played during the launch month and i could count the times i grouped on one hand. Not because i didn't want to, but because the european servers were dead. It didn't stop me having fun (until i got bored of the standard MMO combat, but that's nothing more players could have fixed). This MMO is probably the friendliest MMO there is for lone players, which is why it 'tanking' or not shouldn't concern anyone enjoying it.

The game isn't the messiah, we knew that a while before release when beta's were around, but it's not the worst game in the world. It'll go F2P in about 6 months and it'll finally have the playerbase it deserves :) The game is good, but i don't think it's £10 a month good. Hence why i stopped playing. I'd definitely reconsider giving it another go for a bit if it went F2P.

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

Originally posted by Tayah

Originally posted by Zippy

Why admit your wrong when you have fanboys everywhere defending every stupid thing you do?

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by Bunks

Swotor is basically the 200lb girl on the beach with the beauty pagent begining in 10 minutes. With Tera TSW, GW2, and D3 coming in.

It's over....game over....

I wouldnt say SWTOR is a 200lb girl.

Nice looks, but a bit plastic. Average body. Standard Boobjob. Too much make-up. Very shallow in personality. Annoying voice and she has a flat ass and toe-thumbs

Thinks WAAAAY too highly of her $200 million self.

She's a Hoe

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

Why admit your wrong when you have fanboys everywhere defending every stupid thing you do?

Pretty much sums up how it was in beta image

If you brought up anything the fanbois didn't like, they'd jump all over your posts.

If I'm a chef, I don't care how many people come to me and tell me how brilliant and tasty my dish's are, the few that come to me and tell me what they didn't like about it are the ones I'm looking to listen to. How else can you improve when you only have those praising you and massaging your ego?

Dark Age of Camelot

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

It completely amazes me when people think servers with a population of 500 - 1200 players is a strong population. TOR has some of thes smallest populations on their servers when compared to other mainstream MMORPGs and they only have like 11 servers worldwide that are hitting those marks with like 2 - 4 with 1500+ people. Other games like EQ, WoW, EQ2, Aion, RIft had anywhere from 4000 - 10000 players on a server in their hayday.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Pretty much sums up how it was in beta image

If you brought up anything the fanbois didn't like, they'd jump all over your posts.

If I'm a chef, I don't care how many people come to me and tell me how brilliant and tasty my dish's are, the few that come to me and tell me what they didn't like about it are the ones I'm looking to listen to. How else can you improve when you only have those praising you and massaging your ego?

i do a lot of writing for extra cash, and the thing i hate to hear is "that's good" or "i liked that bit." because it tells me nothing. i want to hear what bit sucked. what bit was confusing. what didn't you understand?

i want all my errors pointed out in horrid red font. i want you to tell me what's wrong with what i've written.

having said that, the other flipside is those who say, "it fails." and you say, "why?" and they say, "it does."

like that means anything, too.