It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
1) One of the greatest IPs..the Warhammer and Warhammer 40K universe, so why is there a curse on this IP?
2) THQ made great Dawn of War and Dawn of War II games, they won awards, sold tons, yet...THQ still lost money as a whole and had to cut back, sounds like bad overpaid manager types hosed it?
3) They release Space Marine which I like, but is not really what they had originally advertised, yet they sold tons, and just like DoW II they sold tons of DLC....BUT it took way TOO long to release it. And yet again, limited classes and races...and now the game seems abandoned and the news and forums are dead and no one plays Chaos Unleashed....sound familiar?
4) Mythic/EA releases and updates a great MMO Warhammer Online, but fudges it due to limited races, classes, and weak questing, then after EA gets involved they all but abandon the game except for cheesy Real Money Store Items. All they had to do was have Open World PvP with none of the timeout lock out crap and it would have fared better. And then in typical EA fashion they abandon it.
5) Then to make matters worse EA announces they are only taking the fun parts of Warhammer Online aka PvP and releasing Wrath of Heroes, which is basically Arena PvP Warhammer. The graphics are not updated, your classes and races are limited, and there is a cheesy cash shop. WHY BOTHER?!? Unless you are gonna update the darn thing, not just cannabilize WAR!
6) Now THQ cans Warhammer 40K Online the MMO, because it did not meet their standard for MMOs...probably a wise choice since the MMO market is unforgiving...so you had better do it right or dont do it at all! Sooooooo....what do they do?
They plan a SINGLE PLAYER GAME......nothing says company fail when you admit you cant do multiplayer at the moment.
I WANT TO CRY! I have heard that Blizzard actually was going to license Warhammer from Games Workshop, for World of Warcraft, but in the end decided not to.
CAN YOU IMAGINE, if a real company liek Blizzard had the IP for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K?
Instead of WoW and Starcraft, we would have Blizzards Warhammer and Warhammer 40K versions of these games!!!!!
I want to cry......WHY OH WHY OH WHY!?!