Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play before '2.0' if..

Pro_BotPro_Bot Member Posts: 9

Well, I'm tired of looking for something worth playing, as many of you probably are..  I always wind up back in darkfall within a weeks time.

So completely ignore all of the negative crap that others are spewing, as alot of it is opinion and most of it that isn't lacks evidence and / or common sense + logic.  Ignore EVERYTHING about the future expansion.  Stay with me, I know its hard.

Now keep that mindset just long enough to read the next few lines..

What if the community started a service to benefit new and returning players?  Something that would help get them up to speed both developmentally and in terms of knowledge.  It would also give players a primary Hub to go to and would allow for small clans and groups of friends to develop.

The population can always use more, however its not hurting, its actually healthy in my honest opinion.  I attend 2-3 sieges a night it seems, and pvp hits every 10 minutes in the right spots.

Why post then?  Hell if you haven't enjoyed darkfall yet then something is wrong, and I think you should experience the enjoyable part if you haven't already.  This game doesn't really need content to be amazing, the players are the content. 

All you have to do is go deep enough in the water to get rid of that cold feeling.

Let me know, and as always hit me up in game if your new or looking for a home

Comments

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

BUGS:

Lol, stam bug never got fixed since February.

Siege stones are bugged and probably won't get fixed: You can drop a siege stone and during the siege, if it gets destroyed, the siege is not over. You can drop an other one to back it up when ever you want before the end of the initial timer. What this mean is, you don't need to protect your stone. You just have to drop an other 1 at 1 minute left and you can proceed to destroy the city/hamlet stone to capture it.

Yssam delay is horrible.(Not sure if they fixed that problem)

COMMUNITY:

The politic is at his worst stage. We now have a 130 siege force against a clan full of veterans. We don't want war, we want peace with a chance for every decent clan to get an holding and for every good pvp clans to get an holding at the middle for more pvp at that area. This will never happen with the type of elitist and selfish clans we have. At the end, this results in less pvp, but more boring sieges. (Sieges are never fun unless you're a roacher)

THE GRIND AND THE WIPE ANNOUCEMENT:

The announcement of the wipe wouldnt be a problem if the grind wasnt that bad. The grind is so bad that a newb or a none maxed character who get flawlessly killed by the maxed ones, but still can beat decent none maxed players... it would just be a waste of time for them to grind it up just to catch up with the maxed veterans.

I know the difference between a mini maxer and a maxed character. If you wonna argue with me on that, go ahead. I'm goood enough to win against big names none maxed players and i know every tricks to power level my character, but i refuse to rely on them, so i quit.

DEVELOPERS:

At this stage, the devs are the only ones who can bring back those who left plus more new comers. Ads as nothing to do with that fact. A permanent exp increase and not only for a weekend this time would bring back more then those who left. They also need to fix these horrible bugs like the stamina and siege stones.

REALBIGDEAL:

Since i left darkfall, i got from 250 lbs to 170 lbs. DF is not healthy and that is simply cuz of the horrible grind it as.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I find the game in its current state. . as a casual player who is just scratching the surface of skills etc. . fun for a month or so at a time.

I think people should check it out if they have not. . they might be surprised.  If they fixed the issues or released 2.0 I would play a lot more.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

the grind is heavy. the nube-vet gap is daunting. the capless system is incredibly discouraging for those trying to catch up.

....all the while you are getting a@# raped by those same vets you are trying to catch up to.

it's like a marathon where every hour that goes by they keep moving the finish line a bit further away.

this is the main problem nubes have with DF. i truly hope they can addess these issues in 2.0 because this game deserves so much more.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

it's like a marathon where every hour that goes by they keep moving the finish line a bit further away.

Ha!  That and driving into you with cars every once in awhile to let you know who is boss :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

I have a copy of the game that I purchased from a sale awhile back but I will not use it til 2.0 goes live as i am not going to waste time at this point trying to level a character only to have it wiped so I will just wait til 2.0 releases to use it.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

..they fire Tasos and then sell the game to another company and said company removed FPS and adds targeted combat with LOS that can be broken by simple tree's.  Also name it Shadowbane 2 and add everything that was in Shadowbane to the game.

As a side note I may try out 2.0.  Won't help me with my FPS skills.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I'm keeping an eye on 2.0. Although I despise full-loot open world PvP, it may just be enough to get me to at least give the game a shot.

But no, there's nothing they can do to make me want to play before then. So much is changing in 2.0 that there's no point.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Originally posted by -Zeno-

..they fire Tasos and then sell the game to another company and said company removed FPS and adds targeted combat with LOS that can be broken by simple tree's.  Also name it Shadowbane 2 and add everything that was in Shadowbane to the game.

You know, the news report were worst then when tasos was on vocation for few weeks. Its worst without tasos unless they can find someone better.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• ChaosChestChaosChest Member UncommonPosts: 97

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Originally posted by -Zeno-

You know, the news report were worst then when tasos was on vocation for few weeks. Its worst without tasos unless they can find someone better.

Tasos and the entire dev team have been unprofessional for a very long time. I would say that the entire dev team needs to be fired for what they have done (and havent done) with Darkfall.

The players put up with it for a very long time because the initial idea of the game itself at its core is a good idea. But The dev team has had poor execution every since closed beta to present day. In many cases the game is worse off then it ever was.  I don't know any company who would hire this clueless dev team to do anything at all. Much less employ them to run and operate a MMO. It is a complete Joke across the board.  DF "2.0" DF "arena" DF "2010" All have not come to fruition. Yes. That is DARKFALL 2010. Just think about that for a minute. 2010. updates/changes/fixes.. That were suppose to be released in Mid 2010... Still being talked about... and still being "worked" on they claim. Now called 2.0...   Why would ANYONE pay for this game when it is run by these amatuers?

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

.... because it's Darkfall...

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I would play DF if they removed FFA ganking. 

Its a simple formula really.  Design a niche game around and a niche gaming element and be rewarded with a niche population base.  Untill forced PvP and FFA ganking is removed DF or no game like it will ever survive.  Games like UO were only popular because there was no other market, and a little known gfact was that UO was very niche and had a small population base untill Tramel came out and opened it up to mainstream.

Theres a reason why games like Asherons Call (my favorite MMO of all time) and DAoC have only ONE FFA PvP server and the remainder are white/normal servers. 

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I thought the UI was horrible, and the game didn't grab me...and no before it's thrown out there, no one killed/camped me and made me mad...To be honest, I could of gave it more of a chance, but I didn't see why I should try to make myself like a game...

All the cheating/macroing, and other stuff was a negative in the back of my mind too, so that might of had me doing the trial on a shorter leash for getting rid of it.

I was interested in MO, but all the drama/cheating/dupes and other stuff, I don't know if they had a trial or not, but I won't touch that thing...If they clean up their act and get things fixed, and start a new server without the taint of all the previous stuff, I may try it.

I would like to see a MMO with a heavy hand, and if someone gets caught cheating, goodbye....So tired of people running around with speed hacks, teleports, and other stuff, then after like 1-2 months they finally get caught and get a 24 hour ban...Be nice to see a company with some integrity for once.

• KaledusKaledus Member Posts: 73

Who here still remembers the days of the pre-orders? This vid will enlighten you if you have forgotten! :)

Ahh got to miss the crazyness..

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by Zylaxx

I would play DF if they removed FFA ganking. 

Its a simple formula really.  Design a niche game around and a niche gaming element and be rewarded with a niche population base.  Untill forced PvP and FFA ganking is removed DF or no game like it will ever survive.  Games like UO were only popular because there was no other market, and a little known gfact was that UO was very niche and had a small population base untill Tramel came out and opened it up to mainstream.

Theres a reason why games like Asherons Call (my favorite MMO of all time) and DAoC have only ONE FFA PvP server and the remainder are white/normal servers. 

They just need more than one server. That way they could have multiple rulesets. I think this would make Darkfall 2.0 10 times as successful as the original.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Originally posted by Rednecksith

I'm keeping an eye on 2.0. Although I despise full-loot open world PvP, it may just be enough to get me to at least give the game a shot.  Whilst I don't mind the concept of this I found the design and implementation to be extremely lazy and therefore extremely annoying myself

But no, there's nothing they can do to make me want to play before then. So much is changing in 2.0 that there's no point. Also with no eta I feel there's no point.   Why grind your life away to catch up with the vets if you don't know how long you have. 

• Pro_BotPro_Bot Member Posts: 9

quote failure......

@realbigdeal

I suppose Mcdonalds really is to blame for obesity.

amiright?

Congrats on the weightloss though... unfortunately darkfall wasn't responsible for the gain, no matter what you argue.  Get a hobby and quit trolling everything darkfall simply  because you didn't like it or because you are upset etc etc...

Thank you all for the responses,

Cheers

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by Pro_Bot

Congrats on the weightloss though... unfortunately darkfall wasn't responsible for the gain, no matter what you argue.  Get a hobby and quit trolling everything darkfall simply  because you didn't like it or because you are upset etc etc...

Most people that I regularly played with in Darkfall regularly worked out in real life and have a few guns . .. lol

Tasos is awesome. Darkfall is awesome. Troll me if you want I don't care. Darkfall is the funnest game out there right now.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA