Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stress test

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

According to the official GW2 twitter channel there is a stress test going on this weekend.  The whole test offcourse is under NDA. They are asking people continously not to break NDA.  I think its a fun quote :

"If you are part of the current stress test, you are under NDA. NDA= do not tweet about it"

"If you are part of the stresstest: a) you are not meant to talk about it. b) having issues is normal. That's why it is a test"

"Guys: calm down. Obviously we cannot give public updates on teh stresstest because its under NDA, should be pretty straight forward"

Obviously people didn't seem to understand that there is more testing going on then just the annopunced publ;ic beta test weekends.

I think they might be stressing zone stabbility under stress. Something very important.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Good chance of that maybe....who knows....I personally fear GW2 is further out that ANYONE wants to admit, hence all the hush-hush and harsh NDA chatter....

• Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84

Seems more like its a stress test on the folks that got invited and they are failing badly.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Originally posted by Four0Six

Good chance of that maybe....who knows....I personally fear GW2 is further out that ANYONE wants to admit, hence all the hush-hush and harsh NDA chatter....

Not really. They know how many people pre-purchased, they know what kind of load they can expect on beta weekend. Stress test is there to make sure it will run smoothly, and the closed nature/NDA is there so people know that they are playing under very crash-prone environment and it is not final state of the game. 

It's simply being smart. Why would a company want to openly showcase crashing servers when they can just week or two later show off a working game to larger audience? 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I dont think so, an NDA is there with a reason, in Arenanets case the NDA is there to prevent ingame information thats not set intoo stone yet from leaking. And then having a community that starts whining when its not in the released game.

GW2 will for sure release some day later this year.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Ezhae

Not really. They know how many people pre-purchased, they know what kind of load they can expect on beta weekend. Stress test is there to make sure it will run smoothly, and the closed nature/NDA is there so people know that they are playing under very crash-prone environment and it is not final state of the game. 

It's simply being smart. Why would a company want to openly showcase crashing servers when they can just week or two later show off a working game to larger audience? 

I saw some chatter yesterday, can't verify, that it was invite only, and not all the pre-purchasers...but again, I cannot verify

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591

Announicing there's a stress test days after they promised people beta access if they pre-purchased the game is a bad PR move. Especially if they don't allow beta testers into the stress test. Yes yes, "stress test isn't beta!" is what I keep hearing, well I've been part of many betas and there were stress during the betas so the terms aren't mutualy exculsive. In fact this particular non-beta stress test is the exception. 

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

There was a 6 hour stress test yesterday. It ended. Most people who pre-purchased were able to participate, although they were not notified with an email like other testers were.

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I dont think so, an NDA is there with a reason, in Arenanets case the NDA is there to prevent ingame information thats not set intoo stone yet from leaking. And then having a community that starts whining when its not in the released game.

GW2 will for sure release some day later this year.

Many days left in this year Bachus, many many

• hpistihpisti Member UncommonPosts: 78

There's a rumor, for lack of a better word, that last week of April will be a beta weekend including those people who pre-purchased. That weekend will not be under NDA, so even if there is some hush-hush at the moment, it can only last for a couple more weeks.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by heartless

There was a 6 hour stress test yesterday. It ended. Most people who pre-purchased were able to participate, although they were not notified with an email like other testers were.

How would someone download the clinet if they were not invited?

Originally posted by hpisti

There's a rumor, for lack of a better word, that last week of April will be a beta weekend including those people who pre-purchased. That weekend will not be under NDA, so even if there is some hush-hush at the moment, it can only last for a couple more weeks.

Unless that "rumor" is false......Not trolling, just saying...

• Crake_1Crake_1 Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by donpopuki

I heard that somebody was sending a client download link around on Reddit.

I can't confirm if that's true or not, though, it's just something I read on a forum.

• HimemiyaHimemiya Member Posts: 139

Originally posted by Crake_1

I can't confirm if that's true or not, though, it's just something I read on a forum.

It's true but whenever someone posted something that broke NDA it got removed promptly.

L2P TERA combat:

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Sounds like something illegal

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

I understand why they did a stress test, but doing it right after pre-purchases were made available and we were promised access to every beta was a bad move.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Unless that "rumor" is false......Not trolling, just saying...

From GW2 twitter:

Our first Beta Weekend Event will be at the end of this month. We have not announced a specific date yet.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

It isn't much of a rumor when ArenAnet officially confirmed that there's going to be a Beta Weekend Event this month. If the stress test is successful, and only ArenaNet knows if that is the case, then we may in fact see the Event start on the 20th, like a few spoilerhappy retailers hinted at.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

The client has been leaked since the last press beta weekend. The one that took place in March.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

It is all good but what is interesting how many times ArenaNet has to stress to current beta testers not to talk about stuff while you are under NDA. Who picked these people, seriously ?

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

the stress test yesterday was like 30min to an hr tops.

I am not in beta nor a stress tester

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by Mephster

It is all good but what is interesting how many times ArenaNet has to stress to current beta testers not to talk about stuff while you are under NDA. Who picked these people, seriously ?

You should have seen the amount of posts on facebook saying "I've been invited to GW2 beta!" on previous betas.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Myrdynn

the stress test yesterday was like 30min to an hr tops.

I am not in beta nor a stress tester

it was actually closer to 6 hrs. I have seen a few people verify this and thats an odd number to just come up with at random

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Ok too much misinformation here. I'll clarify:

Stress Beta was 6 hours. (5h 30min to be exact. It ended a bit early)

Pre-purchasers did get in. So the whole theory of 'But Arena-net said only people under NDA' is false. So yes, Pre-purchasing did actually entitle people to the stress test. No they are not under NDA as pre-purchasers have not signed an NDA agreement. Therefore it was Arenanet who messed up. (Not that it was a bad thing). What does this mean?

It means, while Arenanet can get stuff removed from the internet they could never prosecute a person who hasn't signed the NDA. Also, they will not ban/take action against these people (thus far anyway) as they are customers.

There was content that was leaked to places like 4chan, reddit and someone even livestreamed on twitch.tv for a short while.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • RathanX26RathanX26 Member Posts: 119

What i heard, from here and other forums, was that the test was around 6 hours long, the idea of doing it before the beta weekend is that during the beta weekend they will have more people on then ever before and they need to make sure it will be ok. Also, lets be honest with ourselves, Anet is taking a gamble with the pre-purchases. If we who pre-purchased (myself included) are unable to log into the beta weekend due to server trouble or whatever, there will be hell to pay. I have given them my money, they will give me my promised weekends. I am sure all of you feel the same. We have not been disappointed by Anet yet, but that doesn't mean we won't react accordingly if we are let down. Eitherway, I could care less about a 6 hour stress, it was not a beta and not something I signed up for. And thanks for Anet for making sure they are testing things right before letting me get in there. Cheers.

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

• IcarumbaIcarumba Member UncommonPosts: 50

Originally posted by RathanX26
    What i heard, from here and other forums, was that the test was around 6 hours long, the idea of doing it before the beta weekend is that during the beta weekend they will have more people on then ever before and they need to make sure it will be ok. Also, lets be honest with ourselves, Anet is taking a gamble with the pre-purchases. If we who pre-purchased (myself included) are unable to log into the beta weekend due to server trouble or whatever, there will be hell to pay. I have given them my money, they will give me my promised weekends. I am sure all of you feel the same. We have not been disappointed by Anet yet, but that doesn't mean we won't react accordingly if we are let down. Eitherway, I could care less about a 6 hour stress, it was not a beta and not something I signed up for. And thanks for Anet for making sure they are testing things right before letting me get in there. Cheers.

Judging by yesterday's performance, I don't think you should be worried :)