Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware has won my heart with their incredible generosity!

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

if your heart can be won with a free month of crap.....well then you are as easy to please as they come.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by Monorojo

Bioware has won my heart with their incredible generosity!

Thats like saying the creepy guy in that van is being generous with his candy.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Looks like they're serving up some mighty fine Koolaid over in Bioware/EA land.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

OP are you being serious? You love EA for their generosity? And you think other companies should take notes and start following EA's example? You must really enjoy playing SWTOR. Of course you could be a shill, but if they were indeed as generous as you claim, then they'd make the game buy to play and wave the whole sub fee farewell until the game is developed enough to be worth one.

It's entertainment for a month at most, no need to charge players again for something they already bought. Single player games dressed up as MMO do not warrant a sub.

imageimage
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by Puremallace

Originally posted by goldiewilson

We are ALL Star Wars fans this game was made for WOW fans, 

I am far from a TOR fan, but some of you guys have serious issues. Stop blaming Bioware because you guys did little to no research on the game and blame Bioware for buying a pure themepark.

I did do the reasearch that's why i DIDN'T play the game, I knew it would be crap, because its a WOW clone, and wow clones are garbage. There are better FTP wow clones than TOR.  It was a failure before it even got it's foot out of the door, the wow set up is so anti Star Warsy it was destined to fail. For gods sake no space travel but mailboxes and AH, what did you think would happen. 

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Bioware delivered what they said they were going to. Why the hate if you knew up front what it was going to be. I went into the game knowing it is a themepark and I accept it for what it is.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Bioware delivered what they said they were going to. Why the hate if you knew up front what it was going to be. I went into the game knowing it is a themepark and I accept it for what it is.

I don't think peoples concerns are with the game elements any longer. You are focusing too much on what Bioware has misled you to believe. That they delievered on exactly what they promised.

Which in complete honesty, with over $200 Million in development funding tied in with the amount of time they've had pre- and now post- production that they've come up a good amount short. I'm not saying they are still at the starting line, but they are NOT the leader nor will the be pulling to the front any time soon.

I don't speak leader as a sales pitch, but pure playability of their game based on the overall potential to be had considering the mitigating factors stated earlier and many times over by many players.

The argument that they delievered on what they promised has become so distorted now that anything that basically doesn't blow the game up is looked at as a success. Biowares lowering the standards in SWTOR till eventually just getting the game to boot up will be a milestone achievement.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

In celebration of their latest patch, they gave all active players a free month of playtime. Initially it was only to level 50 players, but this cuased an uproar. Thankfully, Bioware is one of the few mmo companies that actually listen to their fanbase (Taking notes yet competitors? You should be!!) with this post here...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=410458

Lets celebrate 1.2 guys!

This part made me chuckle x3.. In celebration you say..? Or do you mean to recover from their bait and switch reactions on Ranked Warzones they gave out the free month....?

I think that would be a bit more acurate. Cause I'm positive as fuck they wouldn't of given anything of the sort if the ranked addition had made it in. Whether it was shitty or not..

What's your reasoning for them giving the 24 hours extra? I assume that's in celebration for there being so many suckers in the world of MMO's..

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Originally posted by Opapanax

In celebration of their latest patch, they gave all active players a free month of playtime. Initially it was only to level 50 players, but this cuased an uproar. Thankfully, Bioware is one of the few mmo companies that actually listen to their fanbase (Taking notes yet competitors? You should be!!) with this post here...

Lets celebrate 1.2 guys!

This part made me chuckle x3.. In celebration you say..? Or do you mean to recover from their bait and switch reactions on Ranked Warzones they gave out the free month....?

I think that would be a bit more acurate. Cause I'm positive as fuck they wouldn't of given anything of the sort if the ranked addition had made it in. Whether it was shitty or not..

What's your reasoning for them giving the 24 hours extra? I assume that's in celebration for there being so many suckers in the world of MMO's..

Star Wars is the first game I've seen that actually restrict who gets the free month.  I do not know a single MMO that has not, at some point or another , given all of its players a fre emonth or equal items, especially around anniversary time.  Heck, Rift just did it.  

It's liek someone said, they need to pad their subscriber list for the beginning of this quarter.  This needs to happen before GW 2 and Secret World are released, because they expect huge losses.  

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

The argument that they delievered on what they promised has become so distorted now that anything that basically doesn't blow the game up is looked at as a success. Biowares lowering the standards in SWTOR till eventually just getting the game to boot up will be a milestone achievement.

WOW....over exxagerate much? Most of us that played through beta knew what it was and we bought the game anyway because of what we saw. I really don't get the hate for this game. It is far from being the worst mmo on the market. For SWTOR to be Biowares first mmo, I think they did a good job with it. There are things that I don't like about the game, but it is good enough to keep me subbing for a while to come.

WOW....over exxagerate much? Most of us that played through beta knew what it was and we bought the game anyway because of what we saw. I really don't get the hate for this game. It is far from being the worst mmo on the market. For SWTOR to be Biowares first mmo, I think they did a good job with it. There are things that I don't like about the game, but it is good enough to keep me subbing for a while to come.

Okay let me try this then..

For Bioware being their first MMO ever BUT still knowing how to make games since they've done that before. This is a minor success. Minor...

To a good portion of other well funded developers this is a totem of what to steer away from. I hope it opens the eyes of more consumers actually to see what they are so called "being promised and whats being delivered.."

I can't say I don't see why Bioware gets so much support, but I ABSOLUTELY know why this title gets the flack it does. I've been there and done it. I walk away knowing I'm no longer blinded by their dollar signs and lightsabers..

For people to just act like this game doesn't have flaws though and that they didn't miss on many marks is crazy. Then to act like the people who call it out are "trolls" or just pure haters is fucking ridic too..

• goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Okay let me try this then..

For Bioware being their first MMO ever BUT still knowing how to make games since they've done that before. This is a minor success. Minor...

To a good portion of other well funded developers this is a totem of what to steer away from. I hope it opens the eyes of more consumers actually to see what they are so called "being promised and whats being delivered.."

I can't say I don't see why Bioware gets so much support, but I ABSOLUTELY know why this title gets the flack it does. I've been there and done it. I walk away knowing I'm no longer blinded by their dollar signs and lightsabers..

For people to just act like this game doesn't have flaws though and that they didn't miss on many marks is crazy. Then to act like the people who call it out are "trolls" or just pure haters is fucking ridic too..

I hate this comment, MMORPGS are not just something a company does and screws up and shrugs and stars on a new one right away, chances are after this Bioware wont risk another MMO outing for over ten years, if they survive that long with EA. Most successful mmorpgs were a first and sometimes last attempt by a company, EVE might well be the only stable thing CCP ever releases, WOW might be the only non crappy mmo Blizzard does, Ultima was a one time thing they were purchased by EA, Sony buys game companies but doesnt really make much, Everquest was their shot and everything else has been pretty much trash. Sequel to FF you say, that worked out well, WAR as good as DAOC? Well no, no not at all. Bioware should not have done this or at least put more time and effort into it, they have some of the same weaknesses of Bethesda, they make good fun but buggy single player rpgs, that does not translate well over into a mmo market, I think Bethesda realizes this and is wary to make a jump. 

MMORPGS are work and the only ones that work are a massive team effort with pride behind them, not money signs, WOW before it was done was a long standing idea by the devs to make an mmo of their RTS game, not some on high demand by activision. Even some of the fun games that ultimately failed like Shadowbane, or maybe Ryzom or Spellborn had creative dedicated teams behind them. It defineately takes a balance of powers something EA cant understand.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Originally posted by Quixote

Really? /checks your forum history.

Nothing but posts in the SWTOR forums defending tooth and nail the game and posts flaming every single aspect of GW2. There's a lot of other games that you could talk about but you seem particulary focused in these two for some reason. Unbiased bystander is not the appropriate definition for this behaviour.

Shills will be shills. EA is no stranger to viral marketing, like many companies I guess.

imageimage
  • TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

Inflating subscription numbers for their investors =/= Generosity

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

I was just speaking from the heart guys. Now with these new world events that seemingly promote OWPVP, my love for this game and company is blossoming even faster than it was just a few days ago!

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

Originally posted by Charlizzard

So 4 months after they release an unfinished game...

MMOs are never finished, you should know better.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

I have always been an unbiased bystander when it comes to companies and MMOs. Playing both sides of the fence, even keel. But with bioware, I can't help but say "I love you guys!!!"

They also gave everyone currently subbed a free day for unexpected maintance that occurred earlier today!

I know a lot of negativity is being spouted by disguntled ex players, but please unbiased bystanders, ignore the hate! If they wanted to artifically inflate subs, they would have just given everyone who was subbed at the moment a free month. Instead, they have decided to reward their dedicated fanbase who actually plays the game.

Not only that, but they gave those not yet eligible for the free month an extra 10 days to become eligible! This amount of genoursity displayed to such an extent by an MMO company is truly heart warming. I am now a lifelong fan of a company with such hits as Mass Effect, Star Wars : The Old Republic, and Dragon Age. They have a very good repuation as being a AAA developer and continue to live up to their name! Not only in the incredibly quality that can be experienced in SW:TOR, but also with great customer service and superb customer relations.

So this is all about a topic for fans of the game. There are 19 other topics on the front page for the haters. This one is for the people who love SW-TOR and want to scream the fact on the top of a mountain so all the world can hear!

Lets celebrate 1.2 guys!

I don't know about the first line:

"I have always been an unbiased bystander when it comes to companies and MMOs"

Taking a quick look through your post history, you've been negative on most games and companies (including WoW, AOC, and most recently you've been spamming negative posts about GW2).

You have been consistently and copiously positive with 2 games:

- Warhammer Online

- SWTOR

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

This is exactly how I feel. The game isn't perfect but then again I wasn't expecting a perfect game when I bought it. I was expecting a story based Star Wars game and that is exactly what I got.  It's been able to hold my interest far longer than any other MMO could and as long as Bioware keeps creating content and improving the game, they will have my sub.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

I have always been an unbiased bystander when it comes to companies and MMOs.

I'm not trying to make a personal attack, but that statement is false. should read more like...

"I have always been an unbiased bystander when it comes to SW:TOR, but any other games i do not like, and with that said..."

Or

"I've always tried to ignore the negativity following SW:TOR, and not made any judgements on it..."

But to say in general, "When it comes to companies and MMOs." is false.

All you do in GW2 forums is bring up the CS P2W, and all you do in SW:TOR forums is flame the GW2 fans and say "i love you bioware!"

That is all completely fine, but that first sentence is false.

Now as for the post, i personally think it's a mixture of good gesture from Bio, and a little bit of clean-up work/damage control from EA. Face it, the game isn't what it was supposed to be, it's not a failure, but it's not the "WoW killer" that everyone thought it would be.

I don't know how long this game will go for, as long as EA can mooch money out of it they will. And it won't go F2P, why would they? They are still clinging on to WARs subs and that game has 2 servers? I would've thought that would be F2P by now (smart move if they did).

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261

I pre-ordered the collectors edition and have been a subscriber since the official head start.

I cancelled my SWTOR sub last month, and the billing cycle ended today (or yesterday). 

I did get the email saying that 30 days would be added to my account, but after reading the fine print, my account won't qualify since my billing cycle ends before April 22.

So in order to qualify for the free 30 days, I have to re-sub for another month.  I'm happy for all of you that get this bonus...but what the hell.  I've been a subscriber for a week less than everyone else and get jack crap.

Not that I really want to play the game anymore, but thought that I may have a little extra time to give out stuff to guildies, etc.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I'd rather pay for a game that's worthy than get a free month from one that's not. Glad you're having fun though.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

All I can say is look at the post history of the OP.

This person is as far away from 'un-biased' as it gets.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636