Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Never played GW before, does it have world pvp?

MackehMackeh LondonPosts: 164Member

Forgive my ignorance but would someone explain if this game is WOW'ish in terms of levelling up your characters in contested territories where there is world pvp or is this game totally different?

I have read about RVR with servers fighting each other but was just wondering about the levelling up aspect on your own server.

Comments

• observerobserver Houston, TXPosts: 3,006Member Uncommon

It's totally different.  You will only fight people in instanced zones, such as RvR or Structured pvp.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk BFE, KSPosts: 894Member

You don't fight anyone on your own server in the PvE areas. You can't gank or be ganked while out PvEing.

The WvWvW area is like DAoC's RvR or Aion's Abyss (kind of) ... or like WoW's Alterac Valley use to be a long time ago (but it's not an instance.. and other differences).

You can level up in WvWvW if you really want to, but the rest of the game looks like a lot of fun, too.

• WellzyCWellzyC Stillwater, MNPosts: 557Member Uncommon

~~~  Also, Don't look into Guild Wars 1  in an attempt to draw conclusions and speculate about Guild Wars 2. For all intents and purposes they are COMPLETELY different games.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Sacramento, CAPosts: 1,152Member

Originally posted by Mackeh

Forgive my ignorance but would someone explain if this game is WOW'ish in terms of levelling up your characters in contested territories where there is world pvp or is this game totally different?

I have read about RVR with servers fighting each other but was just wondering about the levelling up aspect on your own server.

If you mean leveling up in the WvW zones, then yes, you might be ganked.

But, everywhere else, your completly safe.