Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Major patch 1.2 bugs prompt unscheduled server maintenance

Comments

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

rofl srsly?!?

best thing ever. never ever will a bw game find the way to my hdd :D

• AbrexusAbrexus Member UncommonPosts: 39

Originally posted by fundayz

Originally posted by davestr1zl

Originally posted by davestr1zl

Its clearly a mistake, it rolled back practically everything (content, areas in the game, etc). The dev's posted in the dev blog the servers are going down again and they'll fix it.

Even if that is the case, the incompetence is astounding.

First they make it clear to their playerbase how little they actually care about them (but oh how they love their wallets) and then they can't even implement a content patch without breaking the game?

gg BioWare, gg

Yes, they made a mistake, its astounding. (its a big mistake ill admit, but whatever).

What i dont get is how you say they dont care about the playerbase but do care about their wallets? If that was even remotely true then they wouldnt have given a majority of subscribing players 1 free month play time. They wouldnt have given the people who had patching problems a few days ago 3 free days play time, and a bunch of other things.

How exactly are they making it clear to the playerbase they dont care about them? I'm not seeing it personally.

Okay, I'll spell it out for you because it really isn't that hard to understand:

If the new promotion was indeed intended to show their loyal playerbase their appreciation, BioWare would have awarded everyone who's been an active since release the free 30 days. However, they are just offering the free game time to their Lv50 players even if someone has spent countless hours leveling alts. This makes it quite clear that the promotion has nothing to do with appreciating their players and everything to do with keeping bored Lv50 players around.

While trying to draw in Lv50's with free game time is not a bad thing, pretending that you are giving them that time because they are "loyal" is spitting in the face of all their loyal customers who happen not to have a Lv50.

Agreed 100%.  They are specifically targeting the section of their player base that has/is most likely to leave so they can pad thier subscription numbers.  There really is no other way to spin it.

• Take care, young ladies, and value your wine.
    • Be watchful of young men in their velvet prime.
    • Deeply they'll swallow from your finest kegs,
    • Then swiftly be gone, leaving bitter dregs.
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by ignore_me

It's day 116 in the Star Wars IP hostage crisis, and there are reported to be shots fired inside Bioware headquarters. Clearly the situation is getting worse.

Congrats, you have given me a surprised belly laugh and sustained chortle.
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

LOL...Not surprising. I bet people are still playing the game while defending it.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

so i got bored waiting to log into swtor so i thought i would try rift lite..there was a patch ,guess wot..it worked.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Never really had anything against the game. Enjoyed it to 50 then quit because patch 1.2 nerfed my main class into utter uselessness (groups would already be hesitant to take non-healing operatives), and because there wasn't much to do at 50.

But this is just failure on a ridiculous level. Bioware really has no clue how to balance or run an MMO. That, or all their competent devs are busy making another game to rape the Mass Effect franchise. Perhaps a Star Wars Kinect style dancing game? Wouldn't put it past them at this point...

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by ignore_me

It's day 116 in the Star Wars IP hostage crisis, and there are reported to be shots fired inside Bioware headquarters. Clearly the situation is getting worse.

Congrats, you have given me a surprised belly laugh and sustained chortle.

High praise :) /bow

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

The OP is wrong.  Time to calm the drama down a bit.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Yes, things vanished, Yes they will be returned after the maintance.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

This showcase how amatuerish bioware is at handling MMO.

Please step back into your highly successful single player dating sim cum rpg segment.

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Perhaps a Star Wars Kinect style dancing game? Wouldn't put it past them at this point...

Sadly the truth is it's a Command and Conquer game =/

Poor Bioware, they really were a brilliant developer, yet the past few game releases and subsequent comments made by the developers and founders has really shown that they just aren't the same game company.

M

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

Again, maybe if I post it 50 times players will stop responding to the OP.

Nothing is 'rolled back'...http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Go back to your bunkers, the world hasn't ended yet, save your hyperboles for later.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Never really had anything against the game. Enjoyed it to 50 then quit because patch 1.2 nerfed my main class into utter uselessness (groups would already be hesitant to take non-healing operatives), and because there wasn't much to do at 50.

But this is just failure on a ridiculous level. Bioware really has no clue how to balance or run an MMO. That, or all their competent devs are busy making another game to rape the Mass Effect franchise. Perhaps a Star Wars Kinect style dancing game? Wouldn't put it past them at this point...

Oh you mean.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvOF_SYZpHo LETS GET IT!!

WE'RE ALL HAN SOLO!!!

I can't lie tho, this song makes me happy inside..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

Originally posted by crysent

I never claimed that they were gone permanently. I said they were gone along with the bank which is 100% true. They'll likely be back when it makes a return.

If the items/credit were actually gone the game would plummet in a month.

I never claimed that they were gone permanently. I said they were gone along with the bank which is 100% true. They'll likely be back when it makes a return.

If the items/credit were actually gone the game would plummet in a month.

Again, Nothing was 'rolled back' as you claimed, and things won't "likely" be back, they will be back.  These things happen with giant patches.  Please...save your hyperboles for something else.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Edited title due to false information.

Originally posted by MikeB

Thank you.  [mod edit]

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

anyone have any word on eta?

their twitter feed is just some guy cybering with people

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

Thank you.  

[mod edit]

Lol wat? I don't think anyone here actually thought the items were permanently gone. Almost every comment is about BioWare's inability to put a patch in without breaking the game and they still apply 100%.

Originally posted by bingbongbros

anyone have any word on eta?

their twitter feed is just some guy cybering with people

No ETA at the moment.

Thank you.  The troll army was in full attack.

Lol wat? I don't think anyone here actually thought the items were permanently gone. Almost every comment is about BioWare's inability to put a patch in without breaking the game and they still apply 100%.

Right - your headline was 'patch 1.2 rollback' Which is entirely misleading and a hyperbole to the extreme.  

Thank you.

[mod edit]

Right - your headline was 'patch 1.2 rollback' Which is entirely misleading and a hyperbole to the extreme.  

And that's why it was changed once the information was clarified...[mod edit]

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by mrshroom89

Still a new game things like this happen or is this ur guys first mmo?

Nope, but it is Biowares first and it shows.

They are fumbling around like a virgin teenage boy trying to get a girls bra off.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

It's funny how a tiny hotfix patch rolled the patch back a little, guild bank, pvp recruit vendor and transport to the black hole gone, the +41 stat crystals vendor reappeared...

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Interesting. Let us see what happens when the servers are back online before ringing the doom bells. Despite it being Friday the 13th.