Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Major patch 1.2 bugs prompt unscheduled server maintenance

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by Celcius

Considering they patched today and brought up the servers for a total of about 30 minutes before bringing them back down, I would say it is safe to say they are fixing this bug. Sky is not falling.; the beems are still in place!

Huge patches always have issues. Considering this is one of the biggest patches for an MMO, I would say they did pretty well. 

Don't you get it? EA are the Breakers. THe beam shall fall! All hail the Crimson King!

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    A great disturbance in the Force. It was like a million voices crying out in laughter, then suddenly unsubbed.
  • hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203

Lol this is classic.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Tardcore

Originally posted by fundayz

No, i'ts not a joke. This is all the communication from BW so far.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=407162

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=407298

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=407190

Think I'll stick to the "If you can't say anything nice. . . " moto . For ONCE.

Ya know, I think this says it all right here.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

this sucks. i got a good nights sleep so i could play my new twi'lek marauder all day long and have fun and now the game is destroyed and i got nothin to do :(

and its pouring rain so i cant go pick flowers :((((

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• Mythios11Mythios11 Member Posts: 129

Originally posted by RefMinor

A great disturbance in the Force. It was like a million voices crying out in laughter, then suddenly unsubbed.

LMAO!!!!  Thats gotta be the line of the week!

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

Originally posted by NeoZcar2

LMFAO, Nice try with that fake Admin post there.

I just copied and pasted the forum mod post from here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=407190&page=2

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

Considering they patched today and brought up the servers for a total of about 30 minutes before bringing them back down, I would say it is safe to say they are fixing this bug. Sky is not falling.; the beems are still in place!

Huge patches always have issues. Considering this is one of the biggest patches for an MMO, I would say they did pretty well. 

Pretty well? Please explain to me how this could have been worse? I'll just let a SWTOR player describe the last few days for them...

Wednesday: Accidently start patching the game forcing some unfortunate people to have to redownload the client.

Thursday: Launch the much hyped game saving patch but then kick half of the custumers in the teeth by suggesting that they are not as valued as others.

Friday: Emergency patch that accidently uninstalls yesterdays patch and needs another patch.....

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Getting trolled by bioware... agian for the 3rd time, make you a....

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

This was a major blunder for Bioware, its things like this that can break a P2P game. If it happened a year down the line maybe not but with so many new games being launched soon, this couldnt have been worse for them.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Okay, I'll spell it out for you because it really isn't that hard to understand:

If the new promotion was indeed intended to show their loyal playerbase their appreciation, BioWare would have awarded everyone who's been an active since release the free 30 days. However, they are just offering the free game time to their Lv50 players even if someone has spent countless hours leveling alts. This makes it quite clear that the promotion has nothing to do with appreciating their players and everything to do with keeping bored Lv50 players around.

While trying to draw in Lv50's with free game time is not a bad thing, pretending that you are giving them that time because they are "loyal" is spitting in the face of all their loyal customers who happen not to have a Lv50.

or the guy with 6 * 49 characters Vs guy with 1*50

Let's internet

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Errrr don't you mean 1.7 million voices?

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Can see it now, Bio ware and the mortal online crew, hanging out at the pub telling stories about how they fucked up patches lol

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Pretty well? Please explain to me how this could have been worse? I'll just let a SWTOR player describe the last few days for them...

Wednesday: Accidently start patching the game forcing some unfortunate people to have to redownload the client.

Thursday: Launch the much hyped game saving patch but then kick half of the custumers in the teeth by suggesting that they are not as valued as others.

Friday: Emergency patch that accidently uninstalls yesterdays patch and needs another patch.....

Mr. Tab is it.. I acknowledge this post authenticity.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Originally posted by Mellkor

Can see it now, Bio ware and the mortal online crew, hanging out at the pub telling stories about how they fucked up patches lol

LMFAO!!!!!  what if Bioware hired the two guys from Mortal Online and we didn't even know it?!

Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Sorrow

Errrr don't you mean 1.7 million voices?

And growing ;-)
  • SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Originally posted by Gorwe

"Fool me once-shame on ME. Fool me twice-shame on US". And that's all I have to say about that.

Like what you did here but dont you mean :

" Fool me once, shame on ME3... "

Heh get it ? Huh? See what I did there?

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

You forgot that they said they said a day or two before 1.2 they said that ranked WZ wouldn't make it in despite pimping it out at PAX east like it was going to make.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• evictonevicton Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by bingbongbros

Originally posted by Mellkor

LMFAO!!!!!  what if Bioware hired the two guys from Mortal Online and we didn't even know it?!

Blizzard would have to join them then, for they did this once before as well. 

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Still a new game things like this happen or is this ur guys first mmo?

C

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

It's day 116 in the Star Wars IP hostage crisis, and there are reported to be shots fired inside Bioware headquarters. Clearly the situation is getting worse.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

This is what happens when u release a game before it's done.  Big business MMO'n at its best. 

Bioware hard at work

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Welcome to the NGE of SWTOR. It's hard to imagine anything popping up later that's more of a debacle than this.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    BW= BeWare!!!

RIP Orc Choppa