Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got My TERA Beta Key, Now What?

FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

I live in the UK, therefore I guess I'll be playing the EU version of TERA.  I just received an email from EN Masse, which included a BETA key for TERA, and a link to download the game client.

Now what happens if I download the client, yet I live in the UK?  Isn't EN Masse different from the company that deals with TERA in the UK?  I heard that EN Masse does the NA version and Frogster does the EU version, so will I need to download an EU client instead of the one provided to me in the link by EN Masse?

Also, what about the BETA key I received?  It was from EN Masse, so does that mean I won't be able to use it with the EU version?  I've never participated in a BETA before, so all of this is quite new to me.  I don't really know why EN Masse are sending me emails about TERA, considering I live in the UK, and won't be dealing with EN Masse at all.

Comments

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

EME host the NA verison of Tera however i don't think EME block EU ip so your free to play NA Tera if you wish however there are going to be some lag issues. And you won't be able to use it for EU, but its open beta so its open to everyoen th e beta key you receieve is the same one everyone got its a universial key to open beta lol. Honestly not much of a point in even having the key =P

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

Haha oh right, thought I was lucky for a few minutes there :(

Is Open Beta currently running in the EU do you know?  I tried logging into my EU TERA account, and entering the BETA Key I received (TERABETA) although it says 'Code Error: Invalid code', so I'm guessing there's either a different key for the EU version or there's currently no OPEN BETA in the EU at the moment?

I don't know :S

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Yeah it's technically a different game.  If you want to play the NA version you'll need to create an account with EnMasse and install the game again from their site (on your EME account profile page there is a download button).  There are ways to modify files to use the same resources as EU but I would just have the two installs and avoid corrupting the whole thing.

I currently have both NA and EU clients and I'm hoping for a EU CBT5 invite this weekend heh.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by FuryV

Is Open Beta currently running in the EU do you know?  I tried logging into my EU TERA account, and entering the BETA Key I received (TERABETA) although it says 'Code Error: Invalid code', so I'm guessing there's either a different key for the EU version or there's currently no OPEN BETA in the EU at the moment?

Tomorrow Friday,  around 3 pm.  EU closed beta 5 begins.   just wait untill tomorrow around 3pm  Paris , Madrid time.  then you can login.

only last untill sunday midnight though.

then you have to wait untill open beta.

If your entering your EnMasse code on your EU account it won't work.  They are the same "game" but hosted by two seperate companies.  The official sites for each version should have their beta schedules posted.  Hope this helps image

Ah so it isn't OPEN Beta for the EU version, but it IS for the NA version?  I'm guessing TERA releases earlier in NA then, if that's the case.  Considering TERA is released here at the end of this month, I would have thought OPEN Beta would be around at the moment for EU.

I suppose there's not really much point in me installing the NA version, as I'll just have to reinstall the EU version once it's finally released.

• N1njaPwnStarN1njaPwnStar Member Posts: 83

Now you delete it and preorder guild wars 2. ;)

CBT 5

Character wipe

OBT

Character wipe

PCC

Head Start

Launch

here is the schedule for EU, all the way untill release

Originally posted by Nadya3

CBT 5

Character wipe

OBT

Character wipe

PCC

Head Start

Launch

That's brilliant, thank you very much.  Have keys for CBT5 been sent out yet, do you know?  Also, will OBT keys be sent out to everybody or just a certain amount of people?

Just trying to get my head around everything BETA related really, as I'm still learning the ropes when it comes to BETAs.

On a side note... Does anybody have a link to the EU version client download?  Just so I can get it downloaded & installed as soon as possible really, so I'm ready for any BETA invites I may get.

CBT 5

Character wipe

OBT

Character wipe

PCC

Head Start

Launch

That's brilliant, thank you very much.  Have keys for CBT5 been sent out yet, do you know?  Also, will OBT keys be sent out to everybody or just a certain amount of people?

Just trying to get my head around everything BETA related really, as I'm still learning the ropes when it comes to BETAs.

On a side note... Does anybody have a link to the EU version client download?  Just so I can get it downloaded & installed as soon as possible really, so I'm ready for any BETA invites I may get.

honestly i have no idea, how they do the key sendings and so on.  i preordered the game, so i got access to every Beta with the same key. 

i know some gamesites, including this one.  gives tons of keys. 

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

CBT 5

Character wipe

OBT

Character wipe

PCC

Head Start

Launch

Everyone who I know and registered their e-mail on the site recieved the Open beta key. So I think everyone is getting it.

• headrocket31headrocket31 Member Posts: 2

I got the same email. "TERABETA" is indeed the shared code for everyone who wants to play the Open Beta and hadn't already played in a beta weekend. The important thing is that it let's anyone download the game. Pass it along :)

The TERABETA code is only for the NA version.