Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 1.2 implemented flawlessly

124»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Originally posted by Darklighter1

Great point.  And to everyone mentioning the maintenence for today...by flawlessly I was referring to the fact that it went a lot smoothly than previous patches from previous games I had encountered. 

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

You might not like what's in it, but with what they added (a lot), the patch was added perfectly.  WoW couldn't add anything without crashing all the servers for hours/days when the game was this new.  Kudos to Bioware....they seem to actually CARE about making this game better!

You can't compare a launch of a game today to a game that launched how many years ago.. . . They had better do a better job.

As far as the game being better I might try it some day.  Depends on how GW2 and Terra go.  For me SWTOR sems like a great came for a casual player (which is what I am) but maybe not for the hard core (which is what I used to be and wish I still had time to be).

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by HeavyTraffic

You might not like what's in it, but with what they added (a lot), the patch was added perfectly.  WoW couldn't add anything without crashing all the servers for hours/days when the game was this new.  Kudos to Bioware....they seem to actually CARE about making this game better!

Wow was never down for 2 days straight.  I'm certain EA is happy to have you as a customer.

"During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.
    "

I just hope they can recover all the lost data.  I would normally assume these files were backed up, but after recent events I'm a little worried.

Yes it most certainly was in the early years.

I played since launch.  Wow was never down for 2 days.

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=88831/how-long-was-the-longest-wow-has-been-down-for

Read and learn something.

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

They should probably just reset the servers and bring on the next beta build.

• cyricsoncyricson Member UncommonPosts: 129

WoW NEVER was down for 2 days, some servers might but not the entire game. Unless you are reffering to the ability to log into the server because it was extremely crowded.

Anyway how can you even play swtor still? what are you even doing there??football for pvp and what else? no really tell me, explain to me plz what keeps you still on this game and makes you happy.

ALL my friends stopped subbing and i dont know even ONE person remaining there. And yes i am a star wars funboi.

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

well, at last pvp'ers went away after the first month :D

after the first month my guild was like

and was gone.

bw are a bunch of hardcore spin doctors. this game is ultrafail :D

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294

Originally posted by Monorojo

Wow was never down for 2 days straight.  I'm certain EA is happy to have you as a customer.

"During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.
    "

I just hope they can recover all the lost data.  I would normally assume these files were backed up, but after recent events I'm a little worried.

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=88831/how-long-was-the-longest-wow-has-been-down-for

LOL, and what exactly does your link prove? Absolutely nothing. FFS, grow a brain.

• khelbonkhelbon Member UncommonPosts: 124

I been reading the peeps on the offical boards and this patch was a complete botch job on BW's part. From first releasing the patch a day early and screwing thousands of players out a day (Which to some players is highly important) to bugs coming out the ass from the patch.

BW should of taken the patch and released it into smaller patches over the last weeks. This way you of kept people in the game with new fresh stuff and this gives you time to fix things. I know basicly any MMO will break stuff with a patch. Very few times have we as gamers seen a patch not break anything.

I pre-ordered SWTOR many months in advance and I was one of the BW fanbois. Anyone who attacked the game I would bash them blindly as I was blinded by all the hype from the game. Now I will admit, I did have fun with the classes I choose (Powertech and Sniper both leveled to 50 and raided with) with my wife getting to 50 with her Sorc (She liked the purple) But I had to look at the big picture finally, the game was shallow and I finally saw that this game was a complete hack job and a bait and switch from beta.

Now they release the 1.2 patch that is suppose to save the game and all they get is more bugs and more downtime cause in the 2 months of the patch, they cannot seem to do any kind of testing to it. But hey, i am sure the 500k players still playing this game are still enjoying themselves and more power to them. But like I said early on, I saw the light of a bad game and I am glad I backed out before the true fail of BW has shown itself.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by khelbon

I been reading the peeps on the offical boards and this patch was a complete botch job on BW's part. From first releasing the patch a day early and screwing thousands of players out a day (Which to some players is highly important) to bugs coming out the ass from the patch.

BW should of taken the patch and released it into smaller patches over the last weeks. This way you of kept people in the game with new fresh stuff and this gives you time to fix things. I know basicly any MMO will break stuff with a patch. Very few times have we as gamers seen a patch not break anything.

I pre-ordered SWTOR many months in advance and I was one of the BW fanbois. Anyone who attacked the game I would bash them blindly as I was blinded by all the hype from the game. Now I will admit, I did have fun with the classes I choose (Powertech and Sniper both leveled to 50 and raided with) with my wife getting to 50 with her Sorc (She liked the purple) But I had to look at the big picture finally, the game was shallow and I finally saw that this game was a complete hack job and a bait and switch from beta.

Now they release the 1.2 patch that is suppose to save the game and all they get is more bugs and more downtime cause in the 2 months of the patch, they cannot seem to do any kind of testing to it. But hey, i am sure the 500k players still playing this game are still enjoying themselves and more power to them. But like I said early on, I saw the light of a bad game and I am glad I backed out before the true fail of BW has shown itself.

The server was pretty crowded to me earlier this week up until like midnight so fail in your dictionary must mean I don't like it so it must be a fail. The game doesn't need any saving. It needs improving like every MMO out there. The patch has a lot of things people wanted. You are just not one of those. As far as the PVP crowd, totally get it, but the fixes will be there soon enough.

There Is Always Hope!

• HeavyTrafficHeavyTraffic Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by Monorojo

"

I don't think that link means what you think it means.