Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's Your Profession?

13»

Comments

• mrhyde1428mrhyde1428 Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by ariboersma

ranger for me, still waiting on final Sylvari and Asura to decide on the race. Ill play elementalist second  same dilemna. After that I will most likely make 1 of each race avoiding thief and probably warrior too.

editing for Mrhyde :) Ranger because I always play it, I love ranged/bow DPS and I love pet classes. Ele I dunno.. I just really like what they have done with it.

You rock, haha!

So, why don't you wanna play the Thief and Warrior?

• Don-QuixoteDon-Quixote Member Posts: 87

I will be playing first and foremost a Norn Guardian. Always liked the playing style of this kind of profession but up until now have been cornered into Tanking in every game I've chosen it. GW2 will aloud me to not be the freaking tank and still enjoy my choice. Norn for the lore, am just gobsmacked by it :)

Next an Elementalist. So far what I have seen is immpresive and the mechanics of elements and what they can do seems well thought.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by mrhyde1428

Originally posted by ariboersma

ranger for me, still waiting on final Sylvari and Asura to decide on the race. Ill play elementalist second  same dilemna. After that I will most likely make 1 of each race avoiding thief and probably warrior too.

editing for Mrhyde :) Ranger because I always play it, I love ranged/bow DPS and I love pet classes. Ele I dunno.. I just really like what they have done with it.

You rock, haha!

So, why don't you wanna play the Thief and Warrior?

I really dilike the thief, doesnt do it for me at all.. perhaps its because the rogue type class is always the rangers death >.< Warrior.. meh thats my hubbies role.. he always plays warrior. I will most likely make a guardian at some point so its not just that I hate melee.

• HiromantHiromant Member UncommonPosts: 99

Human or sylvari necromancer or mesmer.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

I had my heart set on playing an elemetalist, but after seeing some gameplay videos, I might go as a Warrior. It's still too early to say, as I haven't tried out the classes for myself, so I am anxiously waiting for the beta.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Originally posted by Dawnstar

Originally posted by Draftbeer

First I want to master Necro, learn all available playstyles with it.

During the process my next char prolly gonna pop out from my head. :]

That sounds quite painful.

Indeed.

After I wake up from the coma I migh have the chance to meet him/her personally. :]

• aguliondewaguliondew Member Posts: 95

1.Charr Elementalist

2. Human Thief

3. Asura Ranger

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

I can't get away from my love with Rogue archetypes, so ... Thief.

(if not pleased, fallback to Elementalist or Warrior, just because of their gameplay diversity)

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by aesperus

Originally posted by Bunks

1st- Thief/Asura

2nd- Ranger/Norn

3rd- Ele/Hum

This has changed now 8 times in the last 3 weeks, this game is driving me nutz.

Of those 3, which will be the one you will solo WvW on? (hopefully the elementalist?) lol

Oh yeah! Thief is for match play mainly, Ranger will be my explorer/PVE toon and Ele for WvW

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by mrhyde1428

I see alot of you telling us what you plan to play first, usually in preferred order, but why do you plan on playing these professions.  What makes them your chosen favorites?  What draws you to them?

1) Mesmer, because it was my favourite class in GW1 and because throwing a 2 handed sword at someones face is pretty bad ass. Also everything they do looks amazing.

2) Ranger because it was my other main in GW1 and I have always loved the concept of a druidic class. I will definitely focus on summoning nature spirits.

3) Elementalist because they are so versatile and I love the elemental attunement system.

4) Thief because stabbing people in the back is fun. And I can guarantee that thieves will be the most annoying opponents in PvP.

5) Guardian because I want to have a heavy armor character but I like to have a bit of magic.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Lol, I REALLY don't know.

Race I like to play: Human, Norn, Slyvari

Classes I like to try: Engineer, Elementalist, Warrior, Necromancer

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Im going to be a Warrior. Warriors have been very appealing to me for about a year now, any game I start to play I always go for the broadsword and dual swords first :)

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328

Oh no, I'm not going thru that one again. Since I've started following GW2 every race cross referenced with every profession has been my main at least once and I've always changed my mind sooner or later.

Except for Norn Thief cause... well... it just feels wrong

• SeafortSeafort Member UncommonPosts: 27

I shall decide when I've played the beta at the end of the month.

I will definitely be rolling warrior, guardian and elementalist but will probably end up filling all my 5 character slots :)

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Necro. Probably a blood/support necro. Not one of the ninnies with 500 undead pets. I sailed that boat on GW1.

• Hero_AlphaHero_Alpha Member UncommonPosts: 60

I am going to go:

Norn/guardian

Human/Thief

Since I am usually a stick to one char type of player, 1 main and 1 alt is enough for me. Most likely I will not play anymore. I was thinking of trying out Charr/something in beta since the other 2 races may not be playable.

playing:DCUO,GW2,WoW
    played:SWG,LotRO,CoH,GW,FF14,ESO,AlbionOnline

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

aaaou!

• V-L-A-DV-L-A-D Member Posts: 50

During betas i'll try human warrior and thief, then I'll choose whom I like more for the main character and the other will be my alt, but i'm planning leveling them together.

Sorry for bad English. :)

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Starting with Mesmer (pleases me greatly to see it at the bottom of the poll) though I intend to purchase enough character slots to make one of each right away and flip between them from 1-20 until I decide on the one I want to take to level cap first.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Bunks

1st- Thief/Asura

2nd- Ranger/Norn

3rd- Ele/Hum

This has changed now 8 times in the last 3 weeks, this game is driving me nutz.

That's exactly my choices and I aint never gonna change it.