Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR botches delployment of 1.2 and locks players out

NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Today Bioware deployed a patch making the game unplayable to those affected until 1.2 goes live tomorrow.  In response they have begun closeing and deleting posts on their forums.  Their Tier 2 Technical Support hung up on one of our guild members when he asked to speak to a supervisor.

The instructions they provide are false and there is no way to bypass the patching once it begins.  They are trying to say only a small number of people are affected, but clearly it is much wider spread than they will acknowledge.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=400099

Comments

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Their solution now is to uninstall the game, reinstall and patch.  This is the only way these players can play until the launch of 1.2. 

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Meh. 1.2 starts tomorrow. Can wait 'till then. Go play something else or take the wife out on a date.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Ouch. Perhaps they should have tested it first.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

It's not me.  Had a raid planeed tonight and the response to this amazingly ametureish.

• Rikus25Rikus25 Member Posts: 82

Maybe go do something else for a night.[Mod Edit] Your life will be better for a temporary shut down than playing the game for 5 or 6 hours when they shut it down for the patch anyway.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

hahah... you can't make this stuff up...

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Sums up Bioware, this is the Jebus patch and they can't help dropping an oil lamp in the corner of the stable.

Considering how badly this is being handled today, I can't wait to see how bad they screw it up tomorrow.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Where's the news story MMORPG.com, it's not like you not to be right on top of a SWTOR related story.
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by RefMinor

Where's the news story MMORPG.com, it's not like you not to be right on top of a SWTOR related story.

Perhaps Pokket is busy reinstalling. image

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488

Originally posted by Falcomith

Meh. 1.2 starts tomorrow. Can wait 'till then. Go play something else or take the wife out on a date.

[Mod Edit]

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Sums up Bioware, this is the Jebus patch and they can't help dropping an oil lamp in the corner of the stable.

Hahaha... I don't know why, but I loved the use of this analogy here.... brilliant visuals...

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

I broke this story hours ago. Call me Pokket Pool!

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Lol... censorship.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Eh all the hate on bioware, great development house, arrogant devs thou I will agree, but starwars is a good game, sadly I didn't get the months and months I thought I would out of the title (its missing that special something) , but in the end still a good game. Being their very first MMO ever done, I have to say not to shabby at all, at launch it was probably the most stable and less bug riddon MMO I have played to date. Not to shabby , thou again it didn't keep me interested.

This messup is pretty bad thou, a slight over look seems more like a bad botched mess. As far as reports going out about it, it just happened. People in the media are people, they don't just follow games you love to pick on for your own amusment. There are many titles to be followed daily. Eh, if you ask me, way to many and not enough quality ones.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by Zekiah

Maybe they don't think its such a big deal (which it isn't). The patch is coming out tomorrow after all...

Heaven forbid some people can't play the game for *gasp* ONE WHOLE DAY !!

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Zekiah

Do they ever run negative stories- particularly toward an EA/Bioware product? I'm sure there'd be some kind of spin like: "SWTOR: EA/Bioware gives you a full day of rest to prepare for 1.2!"

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Really?.. This is a big deal?. Shit happens in games all the time. I've uninstalled and re-installed  games so many times for reasons both caused and not caused by the game itself. It sucks..but it happens.

Seriously...why do most of you negative posters care? Aren't you the ones that are saying nobody's playing SWTOR anyway? So it can't be that big an issue..right?

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

Didnt affect me.. so  .. /shrug

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Just when you thought it was safe to jump back into The Old Republic this happens...

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXEvIb1YEgM&feature=related 

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• NMStudioNMStudio Member Posts: 376

Agreed.  And anyone with a decent level of maturity will agree as well.  Shit happens, get over it.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

That was very well written. Thanks for the smile Sir!

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Originally posted by 0over0

[Mod Edit]

People who are married outside of make-believe are entitled to their "me" time. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

Originally posted by 0over0

[Mod Edit]

People who are married outside of make-believe are entitled to their "me" time. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Sure. There are times its great to have the "me time" as you put it. But to complain about, (not you OP), a game going down for 24 hours when there is so many other things to do for the "me time" (read a book, shoot some hoops, watch a movie, walk the dog, relax at the beach, learn a song on , go for a bike ride, and the list is endless.) 

People act like its the end of the world and forget the little things in life that some dont have the privilege to do.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Send in the clowns.