Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im going to start playing today. Any tips??

SnoogemsSnoogems Member UncommonPosts: 99
Can veterans tell me some information that will help me advance in the game better? I just want to know what professions are the best to take etc, what quest lines I should look for etc. All the secrets to being better than the other players. I plan on being a guardian at first glance, are they decent in pvp?

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

sadly most of what you are asking would be better answered by eu player (if they have ascension)or asian player ,cause too many change will affect the game to know their repercussion at end game!one thing is sure tho !end game armor will be class locked!so if you are a cleric or a chanter you WILL be in mail!this is one big change!they add a new profession so this will probably mix the cards as well among the many other variable!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Im also wondering what to start out with. I played Aion at release, I was an Assassin and got to around lvl 37 before the grind got to me. I remember the Chanters and SM beign pretty dang good. Not sure what Ill roll now.

• SnoogemsSnoogems Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

sadly most of what you are asking would be better answered by eu player (if they have ascension)or asian player ,cause too many change will affect the game to know their repercussion at end game!one thing is sure tho !end game armor will be class locked!so if you are a cleric or a chanter you WILL be in mail!this is one big change!they add a new profession so this will probably mix the cards as well among the many other variable!

I dont understand what you mean about the eu and asian players

might want to go read patch note of ascension (3.0)to see the change each class get and the game change cause by the way they write it looks like they touched everything (yes incuding grind)

not sure about eu but asian have had ascension for a while (possibly eu also(via gameforge)so it is possible they can inform you !

Right now Im downloading it at 1.1 megabytes per second. Got a lot of time to read on the game. Im also going to be watching the stream. Anyone want to play the game with me? I will be playing a bunch so will always be logged on
  • EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

Level grind is pretty much a non-issue by now.   The changes to exp gain and what not makes it so that most people can hit 50 in 2 weeks now without spending that much time a day playing.

Gearing up is still a pain though, especially if you PvE only.   It's probably faster to get PvP gear for PvE than to get PvE gear at this point.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by EvilestTwin

Level grind is pretty much a non-issue by now.   The changes to exp gain and what not makes it so that most people can hit 50 in 2 weeks now without spending that much time a day playing.

Gearing up is still a pain though, especially if you PvE only.   It's probably faster to get PvP gear for PvE than to get PvE gear at this point.

Do they have any "Battleground" style pvp now? or still only the world pvp?

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

There's a 1v1 arena and 6v6 Dredgions (but these only occur at set times).

So why do people not like being the asmo race? I want to be in a smaller faction for more pvp and less queu times

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by drbaltazar

not sure about eu but asian have had ascension for a while (possibly eu also(via gameforge)so it is possible they can inform you !

Actually EU went F2P first but hasnt gotten Ascention 3.0 yet. They should be getting it soon.

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

Originally posted by Snoogems

So why do people not like being the asmo race? I want to be in a smaller faction for more pvp and less queu times

I don't like their feet lol