Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Menace of the Underdark Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Turbine has released a new trailer showing off some behind the scenes goodies about the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons Online expansion, Menace of the Underdark. The team plans to release new videos on a bi-weekly basis from now on. The expansion is set to be released on June 25th.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

we must pay for this or it will be in ftp client?

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

It's an expansion, so you will have to pay for it. Free, Premium or VIP doesn't matter.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Ummm one guys says....

All the mobs we're creating for Forgotten Realms are epic....(paraphrasing)

And my question is....Forgotten Realms? Did he mis-speak? This is still Eberron right?
  • evictonevicton Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Zorgo

Ummm one guys says.... All the mobs we're creating for Forgotten Realms are epic....(paraphrasing) And my question is....Forgotten Realms? Did he mis-speak? This is still Eberron right?

No it is not, the expansion takes place in Forgotten Realms campaign. 

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

me gusta

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

Originally posted by evicton

Ummm one guys says.... All the mobs we're creating for Forgotten Realms are epic....(paraphrasing) And my question is....Forgotten Realms? Did he mis-speak? This is still Eberron right?

Long story short - Lolth wants to become goddess of all magic.  In order to do so, she needs specific items from all realms of existance.  Eberron is the only realm that possesses Dragon Shards, so Lolth breaches the boundaries between realities to obtain them.  The breach goes both ways and allows Eberron heroes the ability to cross in to Faerun and fight Lolth in her home realm.

This is a tie in with the soon to be released pen and paper module, Rise of the Underdark.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Originally posted by Storman1977

Originally posted by evicton

Long story short - Lolth wants to become goddess of all magic.  In order to do so, she needs specific items from all realms of existance.  Eberron is the only realm that possesses Dragon Shards, so Lolth breaches the boundaries between realities to obtain them.  The breach goes both ways and allows Eberron heroes the ability to cross in to Faerun and fight Lolth in her home realm.

This is a tie in with the soon to be released pen and paper module, Rise of the Underdark.

Very clever way to get FR into this game. I guessed they would eventually regret not using FR, but I couldn't think of a believable way to get it in after they went Eberon.

Bravo Turbine. 

The cross-marketing with the pnp is smart too.

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Looks pretty sweet. I played it at launch and quit in a few months, as it was very disappointing. Since going F2P they have added a lot of content and improved the game a lot. I tried it out again about 8 months ago, and it's a really fun game now. I've been impressed with the improvements. This new expansion is finally adding the druid class, too, which is good. I think they've done a good job of translating th DnD rules and spells to video game mechanics. Adding FR setting helps with one of their biggest flaws-Eberron setting.

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

One thing that keeps me from this game is the horrible, repetive animations. I love the idea behind the gameplay, the mechanics, the lore, the story. But if they are pushing all this money into content and stuff, why could they just not add like, a few more animations to spell casting and combat? Those extra few animations would go a LONG ways.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Originally posted by Zyllos

One thing that keeps me from this game is the horrible, repetive animations. I love the idea behind the gameplay, the mechanics, the lore, the story. But if they are pushing all this money into content and stuff, why could they just not add like, a few more animations to spell casting and combat? Those extra few animations would go a LONG ways.

For me it's the horrendous grind.  All what the game has become is a stats game and an extremely retarded gear grind.  I say retarded casue it can take you months and months and months to get all the stuff you need for an epic item or a year.  And from the details I see in the destinies stuff I don't see that changing.  Each time I come back it's the same old same old crap going on in LFM.  Sure the xpac will bring on some new stuff but have a feeling it'll be like all their updates, a couple quests that will be entertaining for a while and then it will be back to the atrocious grinding again.

And LOL at the whole "Its the biggest content release since Stormreach launch" ... well no fucking shit when each update that includes quests you only give out a couple of quests.