Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Problem with Darkfall

Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Just resubbed to Darkfall. Most of it has been fairly enjoyable and I've got the adrenaline pumping a few times.

However to get into a decent clan is ridiculous.They want you to have maxed every magic school and have 100 in all your stats. Can we say barrier to entry.

The forums are the same as when I left. Two groups screaming zerg at each other, threatening to wipe each other off the map and make the other side ragequit.

In short, the biggest problem with Darkfall is the community itself.  The game is designed in a way that seems to bring the worst out in everybody.

Oh well. The drama should keep me busy until GW2.

Comments

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

To be honest in terms of the guild situation (or more specifically getting into them), it is little different to pvp centric guilds in any mmorpg.  The issue DF has on that front is that there are fewer players, thus fewer guilds and thus fewer chances for new players.

Not sure if NEW is still running, not been in game for some time now, but that is an option.

As for the forums, I find them rather amusing really, but then i'm using the EVE-O forums as a standard so what would I know.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

blatant lies from the op

Although it can make it easier, in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM DO ANY OF THE "ELITE" GUILDS require you to have all skills at 100.  (I know ive been a member of one for a long long time)

what they do require is a basic knowledge of the game, and more importantly your personal skill as a player.  If you have bad reaction timing and make bad decisions why would anyone want to play a full loot game with you?

If you are a solid human on vent, (i.e. not a whiny bitch or drama queen), can follow orders, are loyal and pretty good at the game almost any of the "elite" guilds will gladly recruit you.  REGARDLESS OF YOUR CHARACTER"S ATTRIBUTES

My advice is to learn the basics of the game and practice practice practice with some more practice thrown in.  Don't try to join a top guild when you don't even know how to play, thats where your problem lies not with your character.

PS. don't believe anything you read on the forums, its all trolling and propaganda (but does make for a fun read)

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by 123443211234

blatant lies from the op

Although it can make it easier, in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM DO ANY OF THE "ELITE" GUILDS require you to have all skills at 100.  (I know ive been a member of one for a long long time)

what they do require is a basic knowledge of the game, and more importantly your personal skill as a player.  If you have bad reaction timing and make bad decisions why would anyone want to play a full loot game with you?

If you are a solid human on vent, (i.e. not a whiny bitch or drama queen), can follow orders, are loyal and pretty good at the game almost any of the "elite" guilds will gladly recruit you.  REGARDLESS OF YOUR CHARACTER"S ATTRIBUTES

My advice is to learn the basics of the game and practice practice practice with some more practice thrown in.  Don't try to join a top guild when you don't even know how to play, thats where your problem lies not with your character.

PS. don't believe anything you read on the forums, its all trolling and propaganda (but does make for a fun read)

I played just after launch on EU. I would have played at launch but AV wouldn't let me.

I switched to NA for NA launch. I had a stacked character before I quit. I left because my guild went to go play Aion.

I might have learned the basics of the game in that time.

I applied to one of the better guilds that have been around since the beginning and that's what their requirements were.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

I showed AV a finger ages ago, I rather play some BF3 with friends then waste my time in this badly managed and designed game.

However I have to admit that watching AV fail over and over again is ten times more addictive then the game itself.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

OP

Tell us, which clan did you tried to join? Cuz not every good clan ask you to get everything at 100. They will most likely ask you to be good. I can join good clans and i'm far from maxed.

If you tried to join marshral, udl, bellicose, A99... of course they will ask you to be maxed. We call that elitist clans. What? You never heard of elitist? We got elitist in any competitive game.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

My clan will take anyone with the desire to learn, and follow simple orders. We are a Military light RP clan. We have brought in over 40 players in the last week, and there are many of us to level up with. We have gained favor from one of the larger Alliances, and have access to numerous cities across Agon. If you are looking fo ra good clan with plenty of new players to party up wtih then give me a PM.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

I'm not going to say who because I would rather not bring in clan names.

However I will say that I have had people res me after killing me. I also have had a couple invites in the last day or two.

So while Darkfall has lots of asshats there are a lot of helpful people as well.

I also will admit that Aventurine has made some serious improvements from last time I played.

• enticleenticle Member Posts: 32

Not all clans want to recruit newer players, and for good reason. For one you constantly have to explain everything to them, show them how to play and set up binds, amoung other things. It's very time consuming and frustrating at times, and it makes sense if a few clans don't want to deal with this. At this stage in the game with the majority of people being maxed, people want to be around other competent players.

Though there is still plenty of clans that recruit newer players and help them out, and they aren't hard to find. Just don't expect to get into an 'elitest' guild without having much experience. It's like applying for a job haha.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

When I was first learning Darkfall I noticed the same thing. But there were also a lot of guilds willing to teach me, and I joined new for a while they taught me a lot of the ropes, and after that I joined another guild who furthered everything. I guess it might just have to be a lucky situation on who you get to talk to in each guild too, they have their elitists and their nice guys.

• Pro_BotPro_Bot Member Posts: 9

Yes you can find certain people in darkfall fairly easily they will fall into the elitist groups, but at the same time I think those that are willing to help you far outnumber those that have some entry requirements.

Point blank those that love this game actually play it with very close friends mainly formed in game.  The only thing you have to do is find the right group. 

Join the right clan and you never know, you could be a fanboi :P

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Was the OP on the EU server?

On the NA server...

Aside from a very few "eilite clans" just about every clan is open to anyone who isnt a complete jackass.

Those elite clan i mentioned are allied to clans who will want the fresh noob.

Why do clans want noobs?  Well noobs can make use of trash that people are making to skill up crafts, and will appreciate it.  They can be usefull in seiges and pvp as a "follow that guy and spam these heal skills" support character (which benefits the noob by skill gains as well)... Also a lot of holding have noob spawns that would be put to good use.  Also, it makes the vets feel important when they get to save the noob from ganker or people harassing...kind of like bait i guess.

Basically in my time playing DF ive found the OP's statements to be beyond wrong.  Since im bad at pvp, im still safe to enter NPC towns, i always like giving obvious noobs gear bags because i save spam crafted junk, others do the same.   Theres a lot of average gear floating around that not really worth NPCing and is far better and much more usefull to a new player.

Its a game with a very hard learning curb and a brutal and long "rough start" for new players....everyone understand this and is much more open to helping someone unlike DF easy mode themepark competition...