Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is a 3000 dollar gaming PC Pay 2 Win?

124»

Comments

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by Paradigm68

Anything that gives you an advantage, either perceived or real, in any game is pay to win.  So yes, a gaming rig of any sort is pay to win.  I'm just going by the logic used in most pay to win threads.  You should therefore be ashamed of using your lofty advantage against others who are not as privileged.

No, anything you pay to the people who make the game that gives you an advantage is pay2win. If its outside the scope of the players' expectation that the developers provide a level playing field then its just called, life.

I guess sarcasm doesn't translate via text very well.....

Dang it! Sorry.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Anything that gives you an advantage, either perceived or real, in any game is pay to win.  So yes, a gaming rig of any sort is pay to win.  I'm just going by the logic used in most pay to win threads.  You should therefore be ashamed of using your lofty advantage against others who are not as privileged.

No, anything you pay to the people who make the game that gives you an advantage is pay2win. If its outside the scope of the players' expectation that the developers provide a level playing field then its just called, life.

I guess sarcasm doesn't translate via text very well.....

Dang it! Sorry.

LOL it's cool!  It really IS hard to read sarcasm in text.  :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Quizzical

No, because higher graphical settings don't give you a real gameplay advantage, with only the exception of a higher monitor resolution in a relative handful of games.

More bandwidth might reduce the time it takes to download the game, but that's all it will do for you.  Online games don't take much bandwidth while you're playing them.

Besides, beyond about $1500 spent wisely and excluding peripherals, spending more doesn't really get you much.

+1

Agreed.

Whole topic is dumb.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by paulytheb

Is a 3000 dollar gaming PC pay2win?

Just an honest question. In all the pay to win conversations going on around here I seldom see much mention of the PC's that some gamers have while most people have a Dell or a Wal Mart or Best Buy PC with a new video card maybe.

Is buying the best possible bandwith speed pay2win?

I know there are sever tiers here where I live with the roadrunner service.

If these things ARE NOT pay2win, then what is ?

Where is the line drawn?

Sorry if this aspect has been covered before. I must have missed it. I am however, genuinely curious where people think the line is drawn. It is not like you can go buy a thousand dollar better Xbox.

TYIA

It depends:  if you take a super PC with the ultimate network and a POS pc with a horrible connection and a game was designed where this could make a difference, then one would have an advantage.  It wouldn't be pay to win but some people might try to call it that.  So in that way, it might be called pay to win.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    This premis behind this thread is moot...

As long as you have the required hardware, you won't be at a disadvantage, because the game will work on ur PC. If u. Knowiningly have a sub-par PC, it doesn't matter what someone else has... u know already that ur game will suffer in some way.

If u have enough, & others have moAr then u are not disadvantaged. Anything over $1k for a 1080P pc, is a waste for games.

The question is... can u afford to game?

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon