Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What we still don't know at this time.

1235»

Comments

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by OldManFunk

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

With MMORPG.com locking all threads that suggest people wait before pre purchasing games and other people jumping down anyone's throat who would even suggest anything less than diving in head 1st without checking how deep the pool is, the overall tone to the entire website is starting to take a clear "slide" in a one-way direction.

It's the opposite direction to "Err on the side of caution"

I'm shocked that you would insinuate, no... publicly state that MMORPG.COM or its employees are locking threads to skew the conversation in an attempt to mislead people into purchasing an unfinished product that is not worth its asking price.

There's no need to attack this site or its employees.

Yeah, because we already know they did that with SWTOR. image

*runs from the coming wrath of Mike B*

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Lucrecia

According to Gamestop:

Release Date 6/26/2012

Yeah, but those (and others) are placeholders put up by resellers.

We've had plenty of threads with debunkage of those. (Though it might even be the actual date, we just didn't hear it yet from Anet).

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207

Originally posted by BadSpock

Good post Pony.

I however want to point out one thing-

Anet has told us many times, in multiple ways, that there really is no "end-game" in Guild Wars 2.

What you see at low levels, well, you are going to see more of the same at higher levels.

Unlike many/most "themepark" MMOs, there is no batch of new/unseen content at the level cap.

They have said something along the lines of "we don't want you to play one game while you are leveling up and be playing a game that is totally different once you reach the max level."

So the issue of "we haven't seen anything past 30" is really a moot point in all regards except for of course the level of polish at higher levels vs. lower levels.

It really is/is supposed to be more of the same you've been doing the whole time you've been playing. No difference between max level and early PvP, as all PvP is really "max level" etc.

Some people really hate that idea.

No big raids or max level dungeons/heroics or gear treadmill etc. once you reach the cap. No new max level only PvP activities.

I agree as far as type of activities, on the other hand it would be nice to see the higher level zones themselves and see where they stand.  Certainly though there is no end game specific content.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Dawnstar

Originally posted by BadSpock

Good post Pony.

I however want to point out one thing-

Anet has told us many times, in multiple ways, that there really is no "end-game" in Guild Wars 2.

What you see at low levels, well, you are going to see more of the same at higher levels.

Unlike many/most "themepark" MMOs, there is no batch of new/unseen content at the level cap.

They have said something along the lines of "we don't want you to play one game while you are leveling up and be playing a game that is totally different once you reach the max level."

So the issue of "we haven't seen anything past 30" is really a moot point in all regards except for of course the level of polish at higher levels vs. lower levels.

It really is/is supposed to be more of the same you've been doing the whole time you've been playing. No difference between max level and early PvP, as all PvP is really "max level" etc.

Some people really hate that idea.

No big raids or max level dungeons/heroics or gear treadmill etc. once you reach the cap. No new max level only PvP activities.

I agree as far as type of activities, on the other hand it would be nice to see the higher level zones themselves and see where they stand.  Certainly though there is no end game specific content.

I agree completely and have a strong feeling we will be seeing higher level content.

I remember WAR did that in their beta, first it was only first Tier and 2nd with a max level of like 20 then at some point the allowed you to create level 30 characters from scratch (max was 40 I believe) and I thought that was a really good idea.

Learn to play first, then come back alter and mess around with a higher level toon to see "what to expect."