Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The price of this game is ridiculous

Comments

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

So many people buying it we managed to keep the purchase site crashing almost all night long.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Serelisk

Originally posted by Puremallace

I see what you did thar image

It's like when the title is said during the movie.

Until any of this happens I am not even remotely impressed

Who says I care at all about you getting hyped? image

lol agreed.

oh noes, some random angry man on the internet isn't impressed!

;)

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Games like GW2/D1/D2/D3 do not drop to bargain basement prices overnight as a matter of fact they stay the same price for at least 2 years so wait if you want but it likely wont get any cheaper unless you are willing to wait a minimum of 6 months to save maybe 5 dollars on a game that has no sub fee to begin with and keep in mind the more successful the game the longer you have to wait to see lower prices and GW2 is going to be very successful...

Different strokes for different folks!

I will be enjoying testing GW2 on beta weekends instead of losing out to hope i will save a few bucks and get a little more polish..

Playing GW2..

Originally posted by Mephster

Really not that much difference than what every other developer is charging for their games.

£39 and no sub...?

Seems like a better the normal price point for a AAA MMO to me tbh.

I don't get the the drama wailing, but then I expect some posters are just earning a living.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by Vesavius

lol agreed.

;)

No I get angry when bandwagon fans rush a game, then rush out just as fast as they bought the game causing a extremely toxic community for months. It gets old time and time again watching this same pattern.

Instead of saying "well Rift/WoW/AoC/TOR" was just expensive the response SHOULD BE "Do research on the game and then decide?". This "well everyone else is jumping off the bridge, so I might as approach" to convincing people to buy a game is idiotic.

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

I really can't stop laughing at all those rant threads popping magically on the first day of pre-purchase. This was so predictable, but yet so dumb.

Prices were being known  for a long time, it's a bit late to wake up in rage, don't you think ?

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I'm not sure what games OP has been playing the last 2 or 3 years. Games being priced at 59.99 is nothing new, the price increases have been coming for a while. I remember when it was big debate for the consoles when X360 and PS3 started charging 50 and 60 dollars for games.

This is pretty much the average pricing on high-end games. I'm not suprised by it, I think the OP just needs to do a little more research there.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

Ok for all the idiots:

I pay 60 euros for GW2 and...I never pay again...

I pay 40 euros for wow (at launch! Let's make it cheap) and pay 15 euros every month!

THUS:

If I play wow  for 2 months I have paid 70 euros!! WHICH means that gw2 is cheaper then wow AND all other subscription model mmorpgs that are out there!

now stop whining and go flush yourself in some toilet please..

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Originally posted by Mephster

Really not that much difference than what every other developer is charging for their games.

£39 and no sub...?

Seems like a better the normal price point for a AAA MMO to me tbh.

I don't get the the drama wailing, but then I expect some posters are just earning a living.

They expect everything to be free. The original Guild Wars spoiled everyone.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

So dont buy it, wont miss you. 

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

lol agreed.

;)

No I get angry when bandwagon fans rush a game, then rush out just as fast as they bought the game causing a extremely toxic community for months. It gets old time and time again watching this same pattern.

Instead of saying "well Rift/WoW/AoC/TOR" was just expensive the response SHOULD BE "Do research on the game and then decide?". This "well everyone else is jumping off the bridge, so I might as approach" to convincing people to buy a game is idiotic.

For the life of me I cannot understand what it is you're going on about, but you don't seem to be on the mark.

The OP is talking about Guild Wars 2 being overpriced in Europe. Many have responded saying, in the US, it's the same price as any other game. I'm not sure why this is, but EU and US are paying disproportionate amounts of money for the same editions of the game.

I don't recall anyone asking you to jump off a bridge.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

I see what you did thar image

It's like when the title is said during the movie.

You want to see me get hyped? Do this:

1. Get 1,000+ people on the same screen with no lag and prove WvWvW is not a joke

2. Get 100+ people in the same zone and prove that the dynamic event system is not a joke and actually works in a mmorpg.

3. Get people to end game who are not ArenaNET employees or press who are paid to advertise for this game and give me honest opinions

4. Stop quoting some TotalBiscuit video about how he likes the games when this guy worshipped Blizzards game design for 7 years and now he has had a sudden change of heart

Until any of this happens I am not even remotely impressed

i would think you are liking to pain and trouble yourself somehow, because with these expectatione why are you even following the game. Because basicly 

1) is something that ArenaNet is not eving aiming for. I think you are dreaming of another game

2) ArenaNet have already stated long time ago that the dynimic event system in most case would not scale to over 10-15 people. So why do you expect more?

3) there really is no endgame ! The game starts at lvl 1, and its the same game at lvl 80. How can that part be hard to get. Honest oppinions you already have, but maybe some you can belive at next bwe.

4) why do you think you can stop people qouting TB and other reviev-celeberties ?? Just becuase you dont care for their oppinion, why should there praise not be mentioned?

I think you are troubling yourself alot with thesse demands. 

And basicly claiming that you are not remotely interested just sounds like being in denial with the activities you actual put into following this game? Have you considered that ?

lol agreed.

;)

I am sure your one man crusade will change the internet.

But, must say... you are coming across as quite toxic seeming for a guy complaining about a 'toxic commmunity'... maybe there is a better way for to express yourself then anger.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by Opapanax

I'm not sure what games OP has been playing the last 2 or 3 years. Games being priced at 59.99 is nothing new, the price increases have been coming for a while. I remember when it was big debate for the consoles when X360 and PS3 started charging 50 and 60 dollars for games.

This is pretty much the average pricing on high-end games. I'm not suprised by it, I think the OP just needs to do a little more research there.

For the OP the Anet website charges $80 (49.99 British Pounds) for the normal digital edition (that is a 33% difference with the US price). Which is not average priced at all.

• velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134

so many "not interested" haters which wont buy the overhyped game, but still behind the closed doors will buy and play it. gg.

i guess every game needs its trolls and haters. who cares about them, sorry dumb ppl.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

Well, I ordered my prepurchase on Amazon for ~49 Euro. That's pretty standard.

I agree that the price is pretty high for the British gamers, but I guess you could find a retailer offering the game at your usual price tag. You just need to look harder and have some luck.

Originally posted by someforumguy

For the OP the Anet website charges $80 (49.99 British Pounds) for the normal digital edition (that is a 33% difference with the US price). Which is not average priced at all.

/shrug... I paid £39 for the GF's standard version, which was completely in line with what I was expecting.

Has it occured to you that Anet charge more by agreement with their retail partners? The reasons to do it this way should be pretty obvious...

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

hahahaha, like 5 months ago I said that the box and expansions would be more expensive than other mmos. Oh man, how much fodder I caught for that. 

Glad to see I can say " I told you so". 

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Are we taking into concern conversions and the like? I'm not trying to debate this too hard, but there are many tarriffs and such I'm sure UK people might be running into that us as NA consumers might not have to incur.

I can't justify it either way don't know enough about it to be honest. /shrug

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by seastarx

Are those prices including VAT, etc? It's about 6$ more than the price of an average game in the States or Canada.

Its a difference of £10 or $15 dollars actually. Its why all other brand new games that are $60 in the US are only £40 in the UK. That is the correct conversion, including VAT.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

hahahaha, like 5 months ago I said that the box and expansions would be more expensive than other mmos. Oh man, how much fodder I caught for that. 

Well, here in the US, TOR and Rift were $59.99...

Guild Wars 2 is $59.99...

Personally, I never doubted that the box price would cost any less than $59.99...

So here's a picture of  a spaceship launching. image

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

/shrug... I paid £39 for the GF's standard version, which was completely in line with what I was expecting.

Has it occured to you that Anet charge more by agreement with their retail partners? The reasons to do it this way should be pretty obvious...

Well, we can guess what we want. But the OP just compared to other games he bought for full price. Thats the only thing he can really go on. And I agree that he should shop around, but still all this doesnt explain the huge price difference.

I expected a higher price then US price, which is often also the case with subs etc when you have to pay in pounds or euros, but never seen a 33% increase yet. That is very steep.

Also I wonder if you can even compare to the US price, because that price has 10% sales tax included. Which is a consumer tax for american citizens. VAT should replace that when the item is exported, so the difference in price can be even higher.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Personally, I never doubted that the box price would cost any less than $59.99...
    So here's a picture of  a spaceship launching.

TOR and RIFT are P2P service games not F2P cash shop games.  I can't think of a F2P cash shop game that charges an up front fee to play.  Paying an extra $60 and not getting game shop gems seems steep to me.

It's not a F2P title with in built walls to force you in to the cash shop, it's a B2P title with a discretionary cash shop, the quality and content of the game is far superior to that of any built for F2P game. You get what you pay for :)

• kompleksakikompleksaki Member Posts: 81

hahahaha, i still paid 60 euros for GW2,same price as SW:TOR. The only overpricing is going on is for brittish people and they can still get it cheaper if they do a little research.  

Glad to see people not being able to use their brain.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

So here's a picture of  a spaceship launching. image

TOR and Rift in the UK were £39.99. Guild Wars 2 is £50.

Solution? Region locking!

This discussion has been closed.