Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Pre-Orders Begin

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Unless you've been living under a rock, you will know that today, April 10th, marks the beginning of preorder season for Guild Wars 2. Preordering any edition of the highly anticipated Arena.Net title will grant access to all forthcoming beta weekends.

Find out more about each edition's bonuses and prices on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

It is pre-purchase not pre-order.

• chrisatronchrisatron Member Posts: 139

You mean pre-purchase bro!

• micaelmoraismicaelmorais Member Posts: 88

what??

55 euros for a digital edition.

NO TY.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

It's pre-purchase. Using different terms might mislead people!

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

£50 !!! for a standard digital download. wtf! i know its sub free but that is still a looooot of money

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by plescure

£50 !!! for a standard digital download. wtf! i know its sub free but that is still a looooot of money

Quoted for truth brother!

imageimage

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

I've had the regular edition pre-ordered from Amazon since January 2010, but right now the only place to pre-order a CE is through Gamestop. I can't believe ANet is going this route. Pre-order means you pay for it when it ships. This whole idea of paying in full for something with no set release date just for a three-day head start and a few beta weekends seems a little shady to me and makes me wonder if ArenaNet has much confidence in their product.

I've got a pre-order for a CE with Gamestop, but I can cancel anytime. I don't have a very good feeling about this.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• GoggyGoggy Member Posts: 84
    £39.99 at play.com
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Isn't it usually close to 50 euros the typical price for a new pc game in Europe?

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Originally posted by seastarx

Isn't 50 euros the typical price for a new pc game in Europe?

Well usually big titles for PC can be 59.99 so 50 euro is a good deal imo XD

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Originally posted by SteamRanger

I've had the regular edition pre-ordered from Amazon since January 2010, but right now the only place to pre-order a CE is through Gamestop. I can't believe ANet is going this route. Pre-order means you pay for it when it ships. This whole idea of paying in full for something with no set release date just for a three-day head start and a few beta weekends seems a little shady to me and makes me wonder if ArenaNet has much confidence in their product.

I've got a pre-order for a CE with Gamestop, but I can cancel anytime. I don't have a very good feeling about this.

No ones forcing you to pay for it today, youre quite welcome to wait until a release date has been announced.

You'll only be missing out on BETA weekends, not a big deal...

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

Originally posted by plescure

Quoted for truth brother!

/sigh

Ive bought it now ofc :)........ but i still reserve the right to grumble and mutter under my breath about it!!

My only consolation however is i bought it with the wife's credit card :D

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Originally posted by Dragonantis

Isn't 50 euros the typical price for a new pc game in Europe?

Well usually big titles for PC can be 59.99 so 50 euro is a good deal imo XD

Sounds like a good deal to me, Imagine having to live in Australia and paying $90-$100 Dollars for a title, what shock and horror to have to pay 50 pounds!

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I've pre-purchased, but it is pretty steep. Here's in the UK its £50 which is the equivilent of $80 or €60.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

£34.99 to prepurchase from game.co.uk but I would be very hesitant about ordering from them at the moment. £39.99 from play.com. Amazon.co.uk dont seem to be selling it at all which is odd. 

Not sure about Euros but the normal price for a boxed game in the UK is £35 - £40. 

I still think £50 for a digital download is criminal though, considering you get exactly the same (just game access) whether you buy the standard edition prepurchase box from a retailer or buy the digital standard edition from ANet. How can they justify charging £15 more than the boxed version?

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Is that 50 euros including VAT and other taxes?

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

To those interested in retailer list look here:

https://buy.guildwars2.com/retailers

As you can see Best Buy have been added as CE retailer in the USA.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by stragen001

£34.99 to PREORDER from game.co.uk but I would be very hesitant about ordering from them at the moment. 

Not sure about Euros but the normal price for a boxed game in the UK is £35 - £40. 

I beleive(but may well be wrong) that PREORDERING from a retailer does not get you into the beta events etc, whereas PREPURCHASING from ANet for £50 does get you in to the beta events. Please correct me if im wrong though.

I still think £50 for a digital download is criminal though. 

If you buy from any of the 3 Anet have listed for the UK, play.com, amazon or zavvi you can get pre-purchase and full access to betas and the 3 day head start. But, I don't think they are actually taking the money until dispatch, Zavvi certainly haven't taken it from me yet and they never have for any other pre-order and neither have the other 2 retailers.

Theres no way i'd trust GAME.co.uk either considering they were going bust until last week when they were bought out.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Originally posted by Kabaal

Originally posted by stragen001

£34.99 to PREORDER from game.co.uk but I would be very hesitant about ordering from them at the moment. 

I beleive(but may well be wrong) that PREORDERING from a retailer does not get you into the beta events etc, whereas PREPURCHASING from ANet for £50 does get you in to the beta events. Please correct me if im wrong though.

I still think £50 for a digital download is criminal though. 

If you buy from any of the 3 Anet have listed for the UK, play.com, amazon or zavvi you can get pre-purchase and full access to betas and the 3 day head start. But, I don't think they are actually taking the money until dispatch, Zavvi certainly haven't taken it from me yet and they never have for any other pre-order and neither have the other 2 retailers.

Theres no way i'd trust GAME.co.uk either considering they were going bust until last week when they were bought out.

yeah, realised that and edited post. Thanks.

I normally buy from amazon.co.uk because they dont take the money until they despatch the box, but since they will be sending the preorder box immediately, i guess they will take money as soon as that is sent, not when the game launches. HOWEVER, GW2 doesnt seem to be available on amazon.co.uk for some reason. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Originally posted by Goggy

£39.99 at play.com

Ordered, and thanks!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DeldorDeldor Member UncommonPosts: 51

At least in germany, companies must label the final price with all taxes and fees included.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

pre-ordering  my DIGITAL CE !

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by Deldor

At least in germany, companies must label the final price with all taxes and fees included.

Yes, this goes for the whole euro zone now. Also on digital downloads.

I'm just not sure how to compare with the american price, because that is supposed to have 10% sales tax included. Which is a consumer tax and for american citizens. VAT would then replace that when the product is exported I think. Which would mean that the digital standard edition would be ($59.99/110)*100= $54,53 (VAT excluded) for export. And then VAT is put on top of it.

Lets take Germany as example, with VAT as 21%. Then the price would become $65,44 (50 euros) So the 54,99 euro ($71.96) price for DE seems kind of steep. It would explain the much lower prices from the european retail stores though.

Also not every EURO country has the same VAT. Luxembourg has 15% for example.

Again I'm not sure what happens with the American salestax.

• considebaltconsidebalt Member Posts: 26

Yeah, I was going to pre-purchase the DDE, but at 80 dollars for a few trinkets, most that won't last me through the latter part of the game? NTY, went with the standard edition. See you all in the beta weekends!

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Good times! I pre-purchased right away without any second thoughts. :)

I find 50€ to be a standard price these days. Physical GW2 costs exactly as much in my local retailers. So did BF3, and Shogun, and the other few games I've bought these last few months.