Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you people realize we are almost one month away...

nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

From the sequel to one of the BEST hack and slash online rpgs EVAR?!??!?!

Comments

• deathangelldeathangell Member CommonPosts: 85

yea still tryign to wrap my head around the no pvp at launch thing i will be very upset if its a expansion that i have to pay for cause blizzard lately has been trying to milking you for every penny your worth thing lately. AKA starrcaft 3 seperate enties for the single player story line.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

From the most massive dissapointment since Dragon Age 2...also from bootlegging the game on a torrent website lol

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by Puremallace

From the most massive dissapointment since Dragon Age 2...also from bootlegging the game on a torrent website lol

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

we realize we just don't care.

....i stopped playing hack and slash, fixed camera, 2 dementional games when mario kart came out on the nintendo 64.

• nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

....i stopped playing hack and slash, fixed camera, 2 dementional games when mario kart came out on the nintendo 64.

Then why did you decide to post here?

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

yep, one month away and i could care less. I guess ill pick it up once they decide to patch in stuff they removed, unless it comes as a b2p expansion, which wouldnt surprise me one bit tbh.

Originally posted by JimyHumuHumu

yep, one month away and i could care less. I guess ill pick it up once they decide to patch in stuff they removed, unless it comes as a b2p expansion, which wouldnt surprise me one bit tbh.

They removed PVP so they can release the game earlier which I dont mind, it wont take them that long to release it. The main focus any way of diablo 2 is the PVE not the PVP.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by nomatics856

because you asked if i had realized.......

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

same.. with so many interesting games like Path of Exile and Legend of Grimrock.. dont really give a dam about Diablo3.. plus from the videos i have seen.. it looks like another license went kaboum ruinned..

rather keep my fond memories of D1 and D2.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR

but this was in the diablo 3 section, a hack in slash game.  You said you stopped playing hack and slashed and you clearly dont like the game, so why even post in a diablo 3 topic or even the board?

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

The more people I see, the less are enthused about this game. Allowed preorder and no access to beta is dumb. That and like another guy said, theyre probably more interested in trying to milk the game for quick cash than make a stable quality game.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by JimyHumuHumu
    They removed PVP so they can release the game earlier which I dont mind, it wont take them that long to release it. The main focus any way of diablo 2 is the PVE not the PVP.

They removed pvp because the balance in the game is completely screwed up. You have some classes that have no problem at all killing hordes of mobs and some classes that struggle with groups of 2 or 3. This is just standard npc killing.

They knew that having pvp at this stage would just be dumb. You would have wizard and hunters dominating pvp and other classes standing no chance at all.

Even just a month before release they are still making changes and trying to figure out how to get things into a working state.

It's funny that most of the big features they where taunting for Diablo 3 have already been cut out or pushed to a patch down the road at some point. I wouldnt doubt it if they dont try and push the acts out into dlc.

• ToS-DrakemorToS-Drakemor Member Posts: 18

this is just my opinion, but tbh even if the game sucks out of launch Blizzard has ways of adapting there games after the fact to

satisfy you. I am excited for the release so I can play, but i'm more excited for there patchs.

• dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183

You cant bootleg it since it requires an internet connection to be always on when playing offline/online. And even if someone can come up with some emulating server that will bypass that (as they did now with the beta), the auction house will be off-limits.

So its all pointless. MMO games (even on smaller scale like D3) have the best impenetrable protection against piracy (obviously regular MMOs are even better since they have subscription fees which provides another layet of protection).

Originally posted by ToS-Drakemor

this is just my opinion, but tbh even if the game sucks out of launch Blizzard has ways of adapting there games after the fact to

satisfy you. I am excited for the release so I can play, but i'm more excited for there patchs.

THis game wont suck out of launch and the ones saying it will, will still buy it.

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

I think it's quite hilarious, the sheer amount of people who claim that they don't care about this game and yet find time to post about it on these boards letting everyone know they are waiting for Torchlight, PoE,etc. Kinda sad really. If you don't like something you stay away from it, not follow it. Post about your exitement for Torchlight and PoE on their respective boards.

Also, i see a lot of people saying they want to support the "original" creators of Diablo 2. So did i... till i went and bought Flagship Studio's Hellgate London. Now i know why Blizz kicked those losers out, their horrible game and their compaly didn't even last one year.

I don't give a shit about Blizzard, but they do make games i like. And while i lost interest and quit WoW post Cata realese, i have nothing but fond memories of my 4 years spent playing that game. I am glad im not so sour that i have to run to the boards to let everyone know how glad i am that i don't play it anymore.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Originally posted by ToS-Drakemor

THis game wont suck out of launch and the ones saying it will, will still buy it.

Nobody is going to buy diablo 3 after all the changes blizzard made to it, it is so far from the original it could hardly be called diablo anymore.

** Looks at Blizzard reciept for recent transaction: Preorder diablo 3**

Sigh.. dammit blizzard, you got me again.

In all honesty, path of exile and torchlight 2 might be the better games that hold truer to that old diablo feel.. but still, its diablo 3.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

but this was in the diablo 3 section, a hack in slash game.  You said you stopped playing hack and slashed and you clearly dont like the game, so why even post in a diablo 3 topic or even the board?

It amazes me how many people don't realize that some of us bookmark the front page, which has the most recent posts and threads on it.  That's why.

As far as D3 is concerned, i'm not a fan of isometric so don't care.

Originally posted by Alders

It amazes me how many people don't realize that some of us bookmark the front page, which has the most recent posts and threads on it.  That's why.

As far as D3 is concerned, i'm not a fan of isometric so don't care.

Doesn't matter where the thread is, if it's about Diablo 3 and you know how to read then you don't reply because you "don't care"

Yea you may not like it and hope it does badly, but you are interested and hence you do care. If you really didn't care you would read the first 2 posts... find out it's about D3.... you don't care? cool. Move on to the next thread. 

Getting involved in a discussion about something you don't care about? It amazes me how people don't understand irony.  

And before you get the flame guns out, my remark was not directed at you but the point you and the op are arguing over.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Originally posted by dimasok

You cant bootleg it since it requires an internet connection to be always on when playing offline/online. And even if someone can come up with some emulating server that will bypass that (as they did now with the beta), the auction house will be off-limits.

So its all pointless. MMO games (even on smaller scale like D3) have the best impenetrable protection against piracy (obviously regular MMOs are even better since they have subscription fees which provides another layet of protection).

You won't be able to play online with others, but it will be bootleged the day of release.  Look at all the ubidoft games that require an internet connection always on to play.  Every one of them was cracked at release.

Originally posted by niceguy3978

You won't be able to play online with others, but it will be bootleged the day of release.  Look at all the ubidoft games that require an internet connection always on to play.  Every one of them was cracked at release.

Good point. And i am sure you can even manage to go online as it isn't an MMO to require a powerful server. There were free servers (though from what i heard they were really bad and a few patches behind) for WoW and "How To" videos about making your own. So it won't surprise me to see the same for D3.

But i am not a big fan of piracy. If i don't like a game i don't buy it. Saying you will stick it to a company by pirating their game is just lying to yourself by being a thief and a cheap one at that. 

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by niceguy3978

The game events etc are streamed from the server, mob spawns, dungeon layouts, loot drops etc, just as you canot play Guildwars offline you wont be-able to play D3, remember the always online requirement was not just for DRM like it was for Ubisoft games.  Without a connection to the D3 servers there is no game content to be played.

Yes there is a hack out for the beta but that only lets you run around the empty world as the world assets are local but the "content" is server side.

There is no cracking D3 for offline play.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

This game is going to kick ass , there are no games other than GW2 that are worth playing this year.

Anyone who says D3 is going to fail is just trolling people .

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

Not being able to set my toons stat points myself kills the game for me. Only thing that will make you unique is gear and what 1 skill u put all the points in. all stats builds will be cookie cutter for each class. = Lame

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

*snip*

.... And even if someone can come up with some emulating server that will bypass that (as they did now with the beta), the auction house will be off-limits.

So its all pointless.....

By that logic, the only point to playing Diablo III is to sell stuff on the auction house.