Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll, who will buying tomorrow?

Comments

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by fiontar

My point is that those CEs are going to sell out very quickly whether you buy one or not. If you wanted one before the CS discussions, seems sad that you'll skip it because of the CS fears, most of which have already gone poof. You may find yourself regretting it once the "CEs are all sold out" message goes live. Not sure how depriving yourself of a CE you apparently would like to have, in order to make a point that makes no point at all, does you any good.

Of course, you could always pre-purchase the CE and say you didn't, which would be having your cake and eating it too. :)

I see your point. But no, it's the principle so cheating won't work for me :)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

A valuable lesson i learned, and not that long ago, is that its a really bad idea to pre-order. So while i think i will be buying the game, im going to use you guys as guinnea pigs first image

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Pre-order...not anymore

Pre-order with out a launch date....you are joking right?

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by Four0Six

Pre-order...not anymore

I assure you, we are not joking.  We represent the lollipop guild, we never joke.  But, we would like to welcome you to munchkin land.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Count me in.

• velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134

Ofc im prepurchasing tomorrowz :) yay, finally!

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Originally posted by stragen001

Nope

I will never preorder/prepurchase an MMO again after the SWTOR fiasco. I normally manage to get into beta events anyway without preordering which is the main reason I used to do it. 

I am waiting until we have full disclosure on what items will be in the cash shop, and we see balanced reviews from real players. 

Fiasco? Do you know what that word means? SWTOR isn't entirely my cup of tea, but I did enjoy it for some time. I would hardly call it a complete and utter failure. Don't be a drama queen about it dude!

Regardless, I can't help but agree with your opinion on holding back on pre-orders. I've been burnt my fair share of times as a result. 

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

With a 278 pool sample a ~26% wont be getting it. Very interesting.

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

To be fair, it may be best to wait until tomorrow or day after if you are purchasing standard edition online. Chances are once it goes up their servers are going to get raped and you may not be able to get to the payment screen.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • LuxthorLuxthor Member Posts: 171

Pre-order...not anymore

Also, NDA is still up. ;)

---
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Not me. I'll climb on the good ol' fence come tomorrow. Spectatin'. Watchin' and waitin' to see how this will turn out.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Kuppa

With a 278 pool sample a ~26% wont be getting it. Very interesting.

I'm one of them....it doesn't mean I won't be buying it - I just see no reason to give Anet my money tomorrow, when *I* could be earning interest on it instead of them.  When (if) we find out more about beta weekends and a release date, then I'll make the final decision - for now though, there's just no reason for me to pre-buy.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Originally posted by Luxthor

Pre-order...not anymore

Also, NDA is still up. ;)

There is no NDA concerning my bad experiance with AION and RIFT, both of which I pre-ordered, and why I wont anymnore :)

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

After brooding over about it finally i'm still gonna pre order it as it's a b2p title, treating it like my other single player title. Just hoping arenanet doesn't go overboard with their cash shop :P

• pielkorpielkor Member Posts: 24

I will buy it tmr, and I know it s not a B2W ! Anet will not ruin the game with the cash shop system 

• LazureusLazureus Member Posts: 26

I will not buy a pruduct before I know when it will be released out of principle. Don't get me wrong, I do belive GW2 will be a very good game worth my money and will most likely buy when I know when I would actualy get said products.

Like many thing in the gaming industries nowaday, I belive in keeping my wits about those simple things I belive should not be. Release on day 1 DLC, extra $ to pay for the basics products and now pre purchase BEFORE having a date. I would indeed pre order for it, because it does not bind me into any obligation toward the publisher but pre purchase is indeed a contract. You pay now and you get what you have already pay for... someday. This is not ok with me and like I said it is simply out of principle.

That said, when a release date is officialy announced I will indeed place my pre purchase. Will I maybe miss the first beta, maybe, but I won't give in on my principle for personnal greed. It is principle, and I will stick to it. Now, that won't change one damn thing in the grand order of things but, I have always belived if enough people do make a stand when the reasons are legetimate, good thing can happen.

that was my 2 cents on the subject.

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193

I voted yes, I'm getting a CE and the gf a DD. Not really bothered by anything I've seen so far. Looking forward to it :)

• KenathonKenathon Member Posts: 4

I , personally, trust the developers and I am going to pre-purchase the collectors edition even if the release date isn't announced yet. It's just that every pack just like that collector pack will probably dissapear way before the official launch date will be announced and I don't want to risk not getting it....

I don't know about you guys but I can barely wait for the day to come. 

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

II'll buy it :-)

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

I`ll get it eventually, but there is no rush... it doesn`t even have a release date yet i understand they want to see how many people buy it and i hope a lot will.... as i`m sure if less then they expect buy it, they will rush the release just out of fear they will lose money.

I`ll get it for their promise of pvp, would be nice to have a decent pvp game to open when i feel like it. Even if lately i`d rather play poker as it`s more about skill and less about unbalanced classes..

The no sub fee doesn`t mean much, i always sold my account when i got bored of a game, making all my money and then some... even SWTOR.

Also no sub fee means people will play it for a longer time not just 3 months(even if only as casuals) and that is good.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Originally posted by madazz

Originally posted by stragen001

Nope

I will never preorder/prepurchase an MMO again after the SWTOR fiasco. I normally manage to get into beta events anyway without preordering which is the main reason I used to do it. 

I am waiting until we have full disclosure on what items will be in the cash shop, and we see balanced reviews from real players. 

Fiasco? Do you know what that word means? SWTOR isn't entirely my cup of tea, but I did enjoy it for some time. I would hardly call it a complete and utter failure. Don't be a drama queen about it dude!

Regardless, I can't help but agree with your opinion on holding back on pre-orders. I've been burnt my fair share of times as a result. 

Im just pissed because I had such high hopes for SWTOR and really thought it would be the game for me... I was a proper Fanboy. After playing for 2 months, and enjoying the levelling experience and story I realised that the game just wasnt worth a subscription. It had nothing to keep me playing at endgame.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Not pre-purchasing until I know what is going on with region locking, and before the GW2 fanboy defence squad jumps in - 'looking into the issue' isnt a solution. So until I know what the actual solution is I cannot commit to a game that might lock me from playing it when I move.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Yeap I'm definitely buying the standard edition. Would have like to purchase the CE 'cos I love me some art books but, I'll deal this time around. No need to plurge when I've got more important things to worry about.

We also should all prepare for threads that begin like this; "I wiz in beta, dis games ucks"

This is not a game.

• TyrelordTyrelord Member Posts: 9

So with pre-purchasing it tomorrow, would we be able to play the beta right away?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

no prepurchase from me until i see a release date