Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll, who will buying tomorrow?

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by Praetalus

Originally posted by GWFandaddy

Standard digital edition for me.  No p2w items in the deluxe or CE!  What were/are they thinking?  Nevertheless, the savings from buying the cheaper edition will allow me to purchase the uber Ringmasters top hat of whoop-ass, from the p2w, er, I mean the CS!  Then all of your circus animals are belong to me!  muahahaha!

Not me. I will wait until I see some reviews from other gamers. I'm reserved about pre-ordering anything since my final fantasy fiasco. 

Hi GWFandaddy.

How can anything for $60 be a fiasco? lol  All of you that are waiting to see what others are thinking about the game or just plain silly to me. Just get it and if you don't like it put it on the shelf with all your PS3, XBox 360, and SWToR games! Not that big of a gamble IMHO.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

They've already got my $80 in the bank at this point. I don't really need to be sold any further, just watching 40+ hours of Beta Footage, hours and hours of watching PVP, PVE, WvW, Dungeons, etc.. Everything feels and handles the way I want. Even if the game is buggy and not ultimately finished, I still have something there which will give me the kind of play experience I want to enjoy with others. I'm not here to argue or to sell the product to anyone else either. I've been putting this game out of my mind for 3 years, now it's time I finally start to get excited.

This game has come so far since it's earlier demos from years ago. I like the progress, and I think everything has been going in a good direction. That is a nice sign the game is a good hands and will evolve nicely. A major pay day is coming for ANet tomorrow, I suppose it's time they send us cupcakes for once.

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by Praetalus

Originally posted by GWFandaddy

Standard digital edition for me.  No p2w items in the deluxe or CE!  What were/are they thinking?  Nevertheless, the savings from buying the cheaper edition will allow me to purchase the uber Ringmasters top hat of whoop-ass, from the p2w, er, I mean the CS!  Then all of your circus animals are belong to me!  muahahaha!

Not me. I will wait until I see some reviews from other gamers. I'm reserved about pre-ordering anything since my final fantasy fiasco. 

Hi GWFandaddy.

How dare you!  Think you're smart huh?  You just knew I was.............reading the forums, and was sure I'd see this.  Well, I didn't.  Hah!   No one tells me hi and gets away with it!

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

Bought the CE of every GW game so far (except EOTN, which didn't have one) and have not regretted any of them.   A-net hasn't failed me yet (unlike certain other companies) so I'm getting the CE.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328

Really wanted the CE from the beginning but I have to buy a copy for the girl aswell so 2 x Normal Edition here tomorrow

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by Mavacar

Really wanted the CE from the beginning but I have to buy a copy for the girl aswell so 2 x Normal Edition here tomorrow

How romantic!

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Pre-orders have become a suckers game.  Whether the game is good or bad it sends the wrong messages to most of these developers.  Now if I could test drive the game then make my pre-order that would be different, but buying blind or on word of mouth can get you and your money separated fast.

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Not buying into the fanboy hype, sorry.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by Mavacar

How romantic!

Now you can both waste your lives.. TOGETHER! Aw, how sweet!

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

Pre-purchasing at a retailer toomorrow, yippedy do.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by Bunks

For the record, I was going to purchase a CE and two deluxe sets for me and the family, but will only be getting 3 standards after the CS fiasco. So yes, Anet lost some money for even going there from me. Around $130 bucks worth.

You hear that NCSOFT! :)

So, you spun yourself out of a CE with unfounded concerns of a P2W cash shop? Interesting...

I'm pre-purchasing something tomorrow. I think the SDE, but I might give in and get the DDE.

If they announce the number of character slots tomorrow and it's 5, I'll be pre-purchasing two copies tomorrow. If not, just one until we know more info.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Pretty easy for me.  Pre-purchasing the regular, ol' standand digital edition tommorrow.  60 bux is a no brainer since there is no sub so its just like picking up a cartridge... except it will last longer than a few hours.

winning!

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Originally posted by Ethan623

Getting the disc version of the game just incase for whatever reason i have to redownload the client as my internet sucks balls.

As for the items that come with they all seem pretty useless compared to other games pre-order items. No i don't want a silly statue.My opinion.

I download digitally the first time... then burn the install files to DVD :-)  Doesnt handle the patches, but good enough for me.

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by fiontar

For the record, I was going to purchase a CE and two deluxe sets for me and the family, but will only be getting 3 standards after the CS fiasco. So yes, Anet lost some money for even going there from me. Around $130 bucks worth.

So, you spun yourself out of a CE with unfounded concerns of a P2W cash shop? Interesting...

I'm pre-purchasing something tomorrow. I think the SDE, but I might give in and get the DDE.

If they announce the number of character slots tomorrow and it's 5, I'll be pre-purchasing two copies tomorrow. If not, just one until we know more info.

The concerns of a Pay 2 win cash shop are not unfounded in the slightest. Have you been following beta? If it remains the same, P2W is the model

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by Ausare

Pre-orders have become a suckers game.  Whether the game is good or bad it sends the wrong messages to most of these developers.  Now if I could test drive the game then make my pre-order that would be different, but buying blind or on word of mouth can get you and your money separated fast.

Yes, and I am using my ham radio at this very moment trying to send the right message.  Yes!  A test drive!  Agreed, we should all go down to our nearest dealership and demand one!  Buying blind............it's a metaphor, right?  Word of mouth, buying blind.............and you put them together and..................I've got it!  Smash Mouth!  Blind Melon!  Smash Melon!  You're saying we should all smash melons before our money.............no, our money is in the melon, and we should smash it, to get our money out!

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Lets not go there, they were testing the waters, so even though they pulled back from it, doesn't mean they don't need a shot across the bow. If the loot bags weren't pulled out, I wouldnt even be buying the game. As for the mythic keys, it will still anger me if its in my face like STO did with the lockbox nonsense. Lets hope they got the message from the uproar.

• LooneyLadLooneyLad Member Posts: 13

Those who are nagging about the cash-shop are just bitching cause they havent got anything else to do, it was said countless times what kind of items there will be in the shop. Those having fears about GW2 being a flop are just paranoid and havent seen enough footage of the game itself. There is nothing more to discuss and think about whether you need to buy or not, so go ahead, get a copy tomorrow, ull thank me soon enough :D

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

I've been following Gw2 for awhile, but I won't be pre-purchasing just yet.  I'm gonna wait to actually try out the game before buying.  With star wars my friend got into beta, I played it (liked it) then bought it.  Now the same firends brother got into a Gw2 beta(or what I thought was Gw2, It was a hazy night), but he's very anti-social so I only got to see him play over his shoulder for about 5 minutes.  The game looked fun, but I have yet to get any hands on experience.  I really would like to play the game, as the WvWvW looks fun, but I haven't bought anything I haven't tried yet and I'm not gonna start now.  So until I get a hands on with it my answer for this poll will be no....

Yes I played SWTOR.

Originally posted by Eliandal

I kind of seem to be the opposite of most people :D!  I normally buy CE's - and have been since they were started - however this time I won't be - since the only retailer selling them in Canada is Gamestop - and I just will not deal with them anymore.  Normally I can just get them through Amazon.com - however for some reason Anet/NC has decided that they aren't going to allow sales outside the US.

Since I have no reason to rush now (for you know - those 'limited' CE's ;P)  I'll most likely just wait.

We can't get the CE through Amazon in the US either. Some Amazon sites outside of NA will be offering the CE, but apparently someone at Arenanet responsible for negotiating the CE pre-purchase via Amazon wasn't very persistent and couldn't get the deal worked out. (Anyone who has ever dealt with Amazon U.S. behind the scenes knows that sometimes you have to talk to multiple people before you get the result you need).

Arenanet have already said that they gave Amazon's CE allotment to other retailers when the logistics with Amazon fell through...so no chance of a last minute reprieve. I did notice today that Best Buy will be offering the CE pre-purchase, for those in the US that don't like Gamestop.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

I'll buy the standard version from buy.guildwars2.com but am in no rush. Kinda want a Beta weekend announcement first :p.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Collector's edition for me. It will go on my bookshelf next to all the GW1 games+expansion, Guild Wars Novels (signed and unsigned copies), art book ( signed ), the post cards from SDCC '11 (signed), My Charr Plushie, and my Rytlock statue.

if i since i have most of the gw2 memorablia, i might as well shell out the cash for a statue and other art pieces.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I'm going with the DIGITAL EDITION.

DIGITAL DELUXE? I'm not paying £20 (in € for me) extra just for what? A temporary pet for use in combat, five day Golem banker, a one time use chalice for PvP (I don't even do PvP), a one-time boost of influence for a guild. The miniature? Meh, not for me.

The decision is easy for me.

I may stop by GameMania nearby for a Collector's Edition though. I'd keep it sealed in mint condition. Just in case.

Lets not go there, they were testing the waters, so even though they pulled back from it, doesn't mean they don't need a shot across the bow. If the loot bags weren't pulled out, I wouldnt even be buying the game. As for the mythic keys, it will still anger me if its in my face like STO did with the lockbox nonsense. Lets hope they got the message from the uproar.

My point is that those CEs are going to sell out very quickly whether you buy one or not. If you wanted one before the CS discussions, seems sad that you'll skip it because of the CS fears, most of which have already gone poof. You may find yourself regretting it once the "CEs are all sold out" message goes live. Not sure how depriving yourself of a CE you apparently would like to have, in order to make a point that makes no point at all, does you any good.

Of course, you could always pre-purchase the CE and say you didn't, which would be having your cake and eating it too. :)

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

Not going to pre-order it. Will wait to make my final decision based on playing in Beta or later on a trial-account.

(Not knowing a releasedate is also not helping.)

• I'm going to assume that they won't "run out" of standard and DD versions on their website?  If so, I'l wait until friday to get my DD version.  Least I hope they don't run out of digital versions >.>. 

Only reason I can see them doing so is to limit the amount of people in BWE.