Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AV employee selling/taking old accounts

koyahijirikoyahijiri Member Posts: 3

Between last year (nov) and now, the people handling account verification went from asking me for my 3 pieces of account ID and walking me through the process for updating my account with my new CC so I could pay a charge back (which I sent in) to saying ~nope~ cant have your account back cause its "banned" due to a chargeback (had my cc stolen when I moved and it rolled back a month payment).

They even denied asking me for the account info/walking me through the proccess of getting my account activated and asked me to proved the ticket number that showed them doing this. --which was deleted from my ticket history along with the multiple posts back and forth with the previous AV rep-- 

Over the last month they just continue to delete my tickets when I ask for more info, the guy even at one point started coming up with different reasons, at one point trying to say I have two charge backs with different dates, and when I asked how that was even possible since they were two weeks apart he deleted the ticket again.

Account was max'd (almost 2 years old) and one of the bigger $$ types.

Dont trust this company.

Comments

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by koyahijiri

Between last year (nov) and now, the people handling account verification went from asking me for my 3 pieces of account ID and walking me through the process for updating my account with my new CC so I could pay a charge back (which I sent in) to saying ~nope~ cant have your account back cause its "banned" due to a chargeback (had my cc stolen when I moved and it rolled back a month payment).

They even denied asking me for the account info/walking me through the proccess of getting my account activated and asked me to proved the ticket number that showed them doing this. --which was deleted from my ticket history along with the multiple posts back and forth with the previous AV rep-- 

Over the last month they just continue to delete my tickets when I ask for more info, the guy even at one point started coming up with different reasons, at one point trying to say I have two charge backs with different dates, and when I asked how that was even possible since they were two weeks apart he deleted the ticket again.

Account was max'd (almost 2 years old) and one of the bigger $$ types.

Dont trust this company.

Not even surprised at all.  Darkfall was an amazing game, but Adventurine is horriffic.  They don't care about their community and all they do is lie.  Really bad company...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

im sorry but as you only have 2 forum posts, and this is kinda a big deal.. id have to ask for actual proof or sources for this claim. 

i dont play DFo nor care about the company per say but if their staff are actually "stealing" player accounts or refusing to assist and recovering them.. thats kinda getting near legal action  along the lines of fraud and other such over used legal terms. 

so if this kinda thing is actually true, id say do your best to get a bunch of sources or hard core proof and post it. so people thinking of trying the game have an idea of what to be wary of.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Honestly, this sounds like you were fooled by a fake site or phishing scam, and someone convincingly lead you through several steps to steal your identity.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

Originally posted by Ichmen

im sorry but as you only have 2 forum posts, and this is kinda a big deal.. id have to ask for actual proof or sources for this claim. 

i dont play DFo nor care about the company per say but if their staff are actually "stealing" player accounts or refusing to assist and recovering them.. thats kinda getting near legal action  along the lines of fraud and other such over used legal terms. 

so if this kinda thing is actually true, id say do your best to get a bunch of sources or hard core proof and post it. so people thinking of trying the game have an idea of what to be wary of.

The proof is in the front of your face. This game is dead and has no competition which would care about damaging its image. It is more then possible that the story is true. I doubt AV devs had anything to do with it tho. It is quite likely a guy working for customer support decided to make some money on a side and tries to cover his tracks.

• koyahijirikoyahijiri Member Posts: 3

I came here (and to a few other sites) to post this so people would be aware of the shady stuff Aventurine is pulling, since they (av) police their site pretty harshly and if you say anything at all bad about DF/AV they delete the post.

I started taking snipit shots after they asked me for the ticket number (which is their support system, and you would never write it down because its not even listed except for a tiny place on the ticket, you just assume since your "talking" to them there is some type of record) and will post those after I here back from Visa. I reported them for fraud/theft and filled for the entire 2 years in charges back , since they fall under a "phishing/fraud" gaming site.

Either way, I will diffently post all screenshots.

• DrinkFeckDrinkFeck Member UncommonPosts: 189

Doesn't surprise me at all.

A year or two back my credit card was charged 8x more then the stated subscription price. Assuming it just a mistake on Aventurines part, I contacted support and awaited a response. 13 hours later I receive a response claiming I must be mistaken as their records show I was charged the correct amount.

After a few messages back and forth and a few screenshots forwarded of my CC records, which included in big bold letters the word AVENTURINE, the CSR concluded they did indeed charge me the incorrect amount but was unable to do anything about it, to add insult to injury the individual ended this statement with "lol", and proceeded to delete the support tickets.

Luckily I was recording the conversation with the CSR and took a number of screenshots. I uploaded these to an image host, forwarded Aventurines support team the links and threatened legal action.

48 hours later the money was back in my account without any further communication on their behalf.

Bunch of amateurs trying to run a company, be aware.

• LatellaLatella Member Posts: 189

Thank you for the warning.

I had a friend suffer a similar fate in their hands as well.

Rawr.

• GeezyGeezy Member UncommonPosts: 4

Originally posted by koyahijiri

I came here (and to a few other sites) to post this so people would be aware of the shady stuff Aventurine is pulling, since they (av) police their site pretty harshly and if you say anything at all bad about DF/AV they delete the post.

I started taking snipit shots after they asked me for the ticket number (which is their support system, and you would never write it down because its not even listed except for a tiny place on the ticket, you just assume since your "talking" to them there is some type of record) and will post those after I here back from Visa. I reported them for fraud/theft and filled for the entire 2 years in charges back , since they fall under a "phishing/fraud" gaming site.

Either way, I will diffently post all screenshots.

Seriously?  You posted an inflammatory thread on the DF forums claiming that their staff is stealing and selling old accounts, and they deleted your thread?  I, for one, am shocked.

I'll be very interested to see these screenshots.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

Glad i never tried any of their games id be pissed...but id definately say even tho i have no hate or liking for this specific company...im laughing at how this company is even still running...spread it and wipe them off the face of the earth! an insult to gaming companies when theyre so obvious about it rather than using more subtle ways such as over hyping or over priced subs and or cash shops over pricing or being a necessity. But ok no seriously, they shouldnt get away with that kinda stuff.

• enticleenticle Member Posts: 32

Yep the company Aventurine hired to be there support team are complete idiots. Here's something that you may find interesting, where they screwed over half a guild on the 4x weekend.

http://forums.undeadlords.net/index.php?showtopic=15936

There was a couple other documented cases but I lost the links to them. Anything showing the support teams incompetence gets removed off the forums instantly.

• MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

I was thinking about trying this game, thx for the heads up, I will give it a miss.

• DevokanDevokan Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Mackeh

I was thinking about trying this game, thx for the heads up, I will give it a miss.

If you dont play a game for just reading a post here you will NEVER play any game..

Darkfall costumer support is harsh yes.. they have a HUGE list of things that would get you banned and op situation has one of them.

breaking one of their rules and ur gone..

i would like to add more to this post but considering the topic title op gave his topic * AV selling/taking acounts*  i dont feel like wasting my time as it just seems like it is just someone hating.

I have had quite some trouble myself with darkfall (my own fault) and with the help of costumer support they were resolved and  one time got unbanned.

Originally posted by Devokan

Originally posted by Mackeh

If you dont play a game for just reading a post here you will NEVER play any game..

Darkfall costumer support is harsh yes.. they have a HUGE list of things that would get you banned and op situation has one of them.

breaking one of their rules and ur gone..

i would like to add more to this post but considering the topic title op gave his topic * AV selling/taking acounts*  i dont feel like wasting my time as it just seems like it is just someone hating.

I have had quite some trouble myself with darkfall (my own fault) and with the help of costumer support they were resolved and  one time got unbanned.

Hating? no1 is saying the game itself sucks bro, its the staff and im seeing legit evidence from the recent posts link at how sloppy the GM's are...it has nothing to do with whether the game is good or bad. and i for one believe the OP...most games have at least a moderate support team and in no way is it the support that is normally the turn off its usually the game itself.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

I have 2 maxed accounts 1 on EU and 1 on NA. The only advice I can give you is DONT GET BANNED.

Dont chargeback, dont put mobs inside houses etc etc.. Just play how its supposed to be played and use common sense.

call me a noob on terminology but whats a chargeback?

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Originally posted by Odinthedark1

call me a noob on terminology but whats a chargeback?

Paying a subsciption and then asking your bank to get it back.

Its what idiots do and then cry about getting banned.

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

Call me crazy but if you are an employee, why not just make max level accounts.

Also, I was going to make a huge rant about people with these crazy conspiracy theories, but I'm just too lazy.

Proof or gtfo. 

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

So your account got banned to credit card issues, ok fair enuf. that sucks, my friend had same issue. I don't think AV's support are very good.

BUT

"AV employee selling/taking old accounts"

most misleading title ever, that is totally not what happened here at all. are you really that deluded?

My blog: image

Originally posted by Plutonicwoes

Call me crazy but if you are an employee, why not just make max level accounts.

Also, I was going to make a huge rant about people with these crazy conspiracy theories, but I'm just too lazy.

Proof or gtfo. 

Well the support team is a seperate company, I forget what the company is called but they are based out of Quebec. I doubt they have access to making maxed accounts, but yeah posting some proof would be nice to see.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Originally posted by enticle

Yep the company Aventurine hired to be there support team are complete idiots. Here's something that you may find interesting, where they screwed over half a guild on the 4x weekend.

There was a couple other documented cases but I lost the links to them. Anything showing the support teams incompetence gets removed off the forums instantly.

Are you with UDL?

A GM, i'm not sure if they're employe's but i believe he or they got tired of your questions and he probably just wanted to get reed of you quickly without shutting you down.

Either way, exploitations are exploitation and you should never page a gm to see if its legalize or not. Not every GM plays DF so they can't see whats going on or what you're really talking about. Thats a fact. The thing, they will still act like they know everything. The only GM that knows everything about the game is GM pluxxy or something.

Just know that, in a niche game like that, when a GM tells you that its allowed aslong... it simply means that he will look away. This doesnt applies with other GM's since they don't share the same opinions.

Either way, you shouldnt blame a GM. You only got yourself to blame for trusting a GM who doesnt even work at Aventurine office and they probably don'T get paid, so its even worst.

BTW, i use bugged mobs too to raise my skills, but i take the hidden ones to not be seen by a GM.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Originally posted by enticle

Are you with UDL?

A GM, i'm not sure if they're employe's but i believe he or they got tired of your questions and he probably just wanted to get reed of you quickly without shutting you down.

Either way, exploitations are exploitation and you should never page a gm to see if its legalize or not. Not every GM plays DF so they can't see whats going on or what you're really talking about. Thats a fact. The thing, they will still act like they know everything. The only GM that knows everything about the game is GM pluxxy or something.

Just know that, in a niche game like that, when a GM tells you that its allowed aslong... it simply means that he will look away. This doesnt applies with other GM's since they don't share the same opinions.

Either way, you shouldnt blame a GM. You only got yourself to blame for trusting a GM who doesnt even work at Aventurine office and they probably don'T get paid, so its even worst.

BTW, i use bugged mobs too to raise my skills, but i take the hidden ones to not be seen by a GM.

I was with UDL at the time that happened yes, but I've since taken a break from the game for the past 6 months or so.

Open up the spoiler tags it will give you the whole story and you will see we were in contact with GM Plutxii (Head GM?), among others and a support person over the website. While I agree what we did could have been borderline exploiting, we had them watch what we were doing and they gave us the go ahead to fight it like that and then we were later banned for 24 hours.

Also the GMs do get paid, so when they tell you that you can or can't do something who else are you supposed to trust? There company is the one being paid by Aventurine. We were told what we were doing was alright by 3 different people, so why should we have to worry about being banned? It's a game and we made sure what we were doing was alright so we didn't miss out on the event but that backfired on us due to a miscommunication on the GMs behalf.

Also I've seen you inside a tree raying cairn giants lol, you were stacked beef or something right?

• deadhopedeadhope Member Posts: 52

So someone's credibility is based on his posts and the amount he posts ? You have flawed logic my good sir. 

• morganstern1morganstern1 Member UncommonPosts: 4

From what I can gather, Aventurine is focusing all it can on DF 2.0...and putting the bare minimum into keeping the current game going.   This is causing a lot of acrimony with the population over many different issues.   The language of the ULA gives them a lot of latitude and they take full advantage of it.   These forums are filled with people who are venting frustration with Av...and keep giving them money anyways.   AV knows they have the only game going with the kinds of harsh mmo features that keep the base subscribing.   

It begs the question:  If you offer a product people really love, how much of a jerk can you act like without alienating your customers?   I'm pretty sure most folks would agree they could have a stronger population if the company were more responsive and proactive toward community support.  But the NA server is far from dead...

As for me, I am just tired of playing a kind-of-broken-sort-of-beta for a game that has not been released yet.  I have put over a year of good grind into this game, but I feel like I'd rather pay them for a game they are actually working on rather than the one they are pretty much just milking for cash.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Never had a single issue with AV and have been playing the game off and on since release..

Currently taking a brake.. playing MO and EVE at the moment and kinda waiting for DF2.0 if it ever happens LOL

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

LOL

this thread is a joke, OP is a joke, O look still no proof it happend...........................................

I can make a thread for another game if you want? make some lies up as well?