Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YES!! another topic to how bad this game sucks!

13»

Comments

• MalicusMalicus Member Posts: 307

Originally posted by Stabby

Originally posted by Kujox
    haha i can see how you say that...especially knowing they stole the game from the korean version and just change it to english...its dumb it will last about 2 weeks after p2p

It's been 2 weeks...

not very often you see a Ceo taunting and bragging that his game has managed to survive 2 weeks. Ouch
  • StabbyStabby Member Posts: 39

Originally posted by Malicus

Originally posted by Stabby

Originally posted by Kujox
    haha i can see how you say that...especially knowing they stole the game from the korean version and just change it to english...its dumb it will last about 2 weeks after p2p

It's been 2 weeks...

not very often you see a Ceo taunting and bragging that his game has managed to survive 2 weeks. Ouch

I'm a CEO? When did that happen? Do I get a raise with this promotion? :)
  • ExpatriateExpatriate Member Posts: 202

On Mar 29, 2005 Malicus wrote:
    game is only hyped by gms and hardcore fanbois-laggy bugfest-horrible support. Relicensed old Malaysian game sold as new.
     On Mar 29, 2005 Psyklon wrote:
    Crazy lag! No way to fix bug as develpment company is in Malaysia. Very poor fanboi staff

===========================================================
    So, Psyklon/Malicus, other people shouldn't try RYL because you didn't get some prizes?  GMAFB!!!

That's not the point of the reviews here.  I depend on MMORPG.com reviews to help me decide what to spend my time and money on, not listen to babies whine about not getting some prizes they wanted.

You're also a rascist--Malaysians are as capable of quality programming and IT work as anyone else.  If I ran MMORPG, your IP would be blocked.

Watch the latest episode of "The Guild" and other Pwnage videos from around the net--also post your own: http://PwnerTV.com

• QuiksterQuikster Member Posts: 3

I agree, pretty much all i've seen from malicious is "the game is crap" and I didn't get my stuff, I'm in NA but I can't read that the rules said US. If you have some factual complaints about the game say them instead of flaming.

As for anyone else I recommend if it sounds like something you'd like use the 14day free trial. You don't have to give them you're credit card or anything so it is really a worry free trial. If you don't like it just uninstall and you've lost nothing but a little time and bandwidth.

• jdogg123jdogg123 Member Posts: 5

This is pretty funny stuff. I've been playing the game for only a couple of weeks, but i think it has huge potential. As a new to MMO player, I understand it will take an investment in time before I can say thumbs up or thumbs down. From discussions with other players, it sounds like the game gets really fun as you climb levels. New weapons, forts, and even something about owning your own dragon is possible I'm told.

I will hold my final judgement for now. And since I don't live in Canada, i'm not worried about weather i get my free mp3 player or not. (BTW, why would anyone want one of these anyways, i'm an iPod man myself).

J

• tropiktropik Member UncommonPosts: 97

Theres two things that made me quit the game in open beta:

-Not enough skills: The class i played, shadow off had TWO damage skills and dispell. This makes PvP very simple, so you cant really create unique tactics against someone.

-Community: Theres no naming policy in the game. I tried RYL2 couple days ago and i saw people like G-UNIT19, xXxJamesxXx running around ::::12:: Global chat was even worse...just 1337 speak and yelling.

• siLLYkiTEsiLLYkiTE Member Posts: 35

There are naming policies... if its offensive to you, you report the name and then head GMs decide on if it is bad or not... alot of games let people have unique names such as Gunit.. blah... and not make people make names like.. Thor Budall :| Some people are more for complete roleplay names.. some aren't... just the world we live in :|

• Josie_leeJosie_lee Member Posts: 8

I can say at first you will really get bored of the game because all you do is slash and attack, slash and slash, thats all you do, but when your level is going up, you can have more powers and the more powerfull you get the more exciting to play RYL: Path of the Emperor.

Well eventually that what happens to all MMORPGs you will get bored at first but the stronger and more powerfull you get the more you want to play the game right? 

In fact that what happens to me in RYL, now My Warrior is so powerfull that im willing to join the Tournament. http://www.ryl.net/tournament.asp

Believing in miracles is good, but don't depend on it.

• jjdarkagejjdarkage Member Posts: 6

Is there also a way that there could be some booters/hackers on the game ? coz other game does

Those players who steals some items or power or something...

• tronixz03tronixz03 Member Posts: 12
    hey, guyz!! I am preparing for the coming tournament which will be schedule next month at  E3 Convention Center!! for more information check this out  www.e3expo.com I am so excited to be part of this big event! hope to see you there RYL fanatics!
  • ikraikra Member Posts: 339

hackers are always a part of the game.. they are those sad people who dont know the essence of gaming

i~ku~ra

• lun4ticlun4tic Member Posts: 36

There is no hacking and/or cheating. Players are very vocal about these things and GMs are always immediately notified when something questionable happens. Players have also been very active in tracking down bugs and glitches for the GM team.

• ekis20ekis20 Member Posts: 4
    I really found this game amusing, did not play for a very long time since i was in my WOW period and didnt have time for another game, but its a very special game and not for everyone, but i liked it and would pay money to pay but im not gonna because now i play GW
  • MudgetMudget Member Posts: 29

Played RYL up to about level 50 and quit.  Thankfully it was on trial, I didn't pay a penny.  If the monthly fee drops to about five bucks, I'd consider it. 

It's a game for fanboys to get their rocks off on PvP, and that's about it.  And the new lord of PvP has arrived and it is called Guild Wars.

So I can't think of a reason for anyone to be actually spending MONEY to play this sub-par game.  EQ2 and WoW own it for questing.  GW owns it for PvP.  Every game owns it for number of items, armor, weapons, spells, skills, tradeskills, housing, mounts.  The graphics are from 2002.   The customer service is non-existent.  You have to SHOUT for a GM to help you.  It's buggy.  It's laggy. 

And it's just not all that fun once you've done the grind for a few days.

That's my opinion.  Flame away. 

• lun4ticlun4tic Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Mudget

Played RYL up to about level 50 and quit.  Thankfully it was on trial, I didn't pay a penny.  If the monthly fee drops to about five bucks, I'd consider it. 
    It's a game for fanboys to get their rocks off on PvP, and that's about it.  And the new lord of PvP has arrived and it is called Guild Wars.
    So I can't think of a reason for anyone to be actually spending MONEY to play this sub-par game.  EQ2 and WoW own it for questing.  GW owns it for PvP.  Every game owns it for number of items, armor, weapons, spells, skills, tradeskills, housing, mounts.  The graphics are from 2002.   The customer service is non-existent.  You have to SHOUT for a GM to help you.  It's buggy.  It's laggy. 
    And it's just not all that fun once you've done the grind for a few days.
    That's my opinion.  Flame away. 

How I admire you for posting your opinion without it turning into a flame/whinefest. I'm going to address each point in the same manner.

Yea. the game really is about PvP and is a lot like WoW in terms of PvP participants. A lot of them are immature kids trying to squeeze the self esteem out of every possible source, and if they find a little they convince themselves they've found a lot. This alone can lead to some pretty interesting raid/wars or whatever you'd like to refer to it as. You can watch the natural evolution of rivalry. About GW being the new PvP? Hardly. I can't stick my finger far enough down my throat to express my displeasure in playing that game. That was a joke by the way.

I never hear good things about EQ2 so I havn't played it, but RYL is superior to WoW in quests for the sheer reason you're not DROWNING in them. The quests detail the storyline and allow you to create the rest, where WoW pours it down your throat in a beer 'shotgun' fasion. Most of us prefer to create our own storyline, which is evident in the players. Nothing is forgotten.

Unfortunately just like WoW there's almost no end game. RYL's end game currently consists of building a fort and defending it, while WoW's was standing around and scratching yourself. They're currently expanding the guild fort system so that you recieve benefits from constructing a fort.

A lot of people shout for GMs because they're idiots. This is what we get for having no learning curve. Lag is a big issue which is being addressed.

• pristontalepristontale Member Posts: 59

yeah ive played a day and i thought wow i dotn like this game because when i first started out i couldn't figure out the movements i mean you have to press space bar to move camera and then you have to release the space bar to attack well the only strategic part for me was the skills and i didnt get many of those so i would say too stay away from this game for your own good and comp memory

• China_icezChina_icez Member Posts: 10
    Oh, movements are easy to understand, maybe you didnt read the tutorial for the hotkeys and there's also a npc that could help you with the movements http://www.ryl.net/keyboard.asp here's the link for the hotkey.. ok...

I want more.... BLOOD!!!

• rokeroke Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Wagnard
    Given this resemblance (although RYL seems to be more diverse and advanced), I believe those who stand against RYL have strong grounds based on something more substantial than this game going P2P.

Well at least the RYL girls are hot!

Random Fact about Roke:
    fav non-mmo - Fusion Frenze, DDR, Kirby, Harry Potter

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

lol, another "this game sucks thread".

Heres a hint.................... go find another game to play.

• looploop Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by Bama1267
    lol, another "this game sucks thread".

Heres a hint.................... go find another game to play.

why find another game if we still enjoying playing this game?

In my field of paper flowers, candy clouds of lullaby. I lay inside myself for hours, and watch my purple sky fly over me. ~*Evanescence*~