Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat looks like generic wow crap.

Comments

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by itgrowls

Originally posted by thinktank001

Originally posted by Siveria

Been watchign some video's as of late and the combat pretty much looks like wow garbage, with theone exception you can actually move out of the way of abilities, is this true? I like tera's take on combat with no auto aiming crap like wow, swtor etc has. Is GW2 like this? or is it just generic wow-like combat where you target and faceplant buttons with everything homing in on the target?

It is more dynamic than WOW.  You can buy items from the cash shop that make you more powerful than your opponent.  image

just as thestupidity of the title of this thread gave me cancer, your reply post gave me herpes....

Why because its true?

Sure maybe at max level you wont be able to buy much advantage but up until then GW2 is Pay 2 win and thats a fact.

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

Did I make it before the lock? I did? Sweet!

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

Been watchign some video's as of late and the combat pretty much looks like wow garbage, with theone exception you can actually move out of the way of abilities, is this true? I like tera's take on combat with no auto aiming crap like wow, swtor etc has. Is GW2 like this? or is it just generic wow-like combat where you target and faceplant buttons with everything homing in on the target?

poor thing. May you see the light soon.

Hope to see you in Guild Wars 2 when Tera is f2p.

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

This thread is going to be awesome.  Brb....grabbing popcorn.

Battle of intellectuals for sure.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by heartless

Originally posted by BilboDoggins
    While this guy is probably a troll that doesnt mean he is completely wrong.
    GW2 combat is a bit different but not much. Tab target combat, hit hotkeys etc. Its definetly WoWish.
    How about the fact that pojectiles can be blocked, reflected or intercepted by the environment or enemies? Is that's WoWish too?
    You know like the pet in this video, who took one for the team.

Holy shit, that video was hilarious!

BOOYAKA!

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I'm fully supporting Gw2 but if i have to be honest the game does LOOK like most other MMOs. While we the fans know that this is far from the truth I cannot deny that if you had an uninformed opinion it looks similar VISUALLY. Mechanically however it is like comparing a Cow to a Ferrari. End Discussion.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

but up until then GW2 is Pay 2 win and thats a fact.

Care to give reasons and examples to back up your "fact"? Because there is none.

See you in Guild Wars 2 soon. Anyone who say they won't play GW2 are just lying to themselves. We know. Its ok.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

in GW2 you dont necessarily have to click a mob or tab target and use skills at them (like wow, swtor, rift). You just use skills on the direction you want. The combat in tera is "action" (attacks with mouse clicks) but still hell slow and the flow between attacks is less smooth than in GW2.

I dont know what have you seen in GW2 that makes you say that. But i guess its just your preference.

I didnt like TERAs combat because its not as actionish as EnMasse claimed it to be. Theres no connection between combat and movements. It lacks the action factor, right now it just have free weapon swinging around.

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

It is more dynamic than WOW.  You can buy items from the cash shop that make you more powerful than your opponent.  image

just as thestupidity of the title of this thread gave me cancer, your reply post gave me herpes....

Why because its true?

Sure maybe at max level you wont be able to buy much advantage but up until then GW2 is Pay 2 win and thats a fact.

Only going to give you 6 out of 10 flaming trolls. I like how you stated that your opinion is FACT, and rail roading another thread is usualy good for some troll points, but since this is a troll thread to begin with, you are not awarded those points.  The interception rule only comes into play if you off topic troll a thread that has already been off topic'd by another troll. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Skarecrow7

Why because its true?

Only going to give you 6 out of 10 flaming trolls. I like how you stated that your opinion is FACT, and rail roading another thread is usualy good for some troll points, but since this is a troll thread to begin with, you are not awarded those points.  The interception rule only comes into play if you off topic troll a thread that has already been off topic'd by another troll. 

OK, so if I follow this right, you get no points for trolling a thread that's already been trolled..Or as in this case, one that started off as a troll topic. I think I got that. But now what happens if someone takes a trolled thread and rails it into a valid topic?

• pielkorpielkor Member Posts: 24

Why because its true?

P2W ? Before max level ? I don't understand , to win what ?   

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Why because its true?

It offers items that speed up leveling etc.  Which gets you possibly to 80 faster when you then admit yourself IT NO LONGER MATTERS.   Pay to win means WINNING.  Winning against what?  Mobs are not easier to kill, dungeons are not easier to run, the game world itself is just as dangerous with or without the cash shop. 

So no paying to win is involved.  Because you have just as big a chance of being killed by a mob with or without the cash shop, therefore winning doesnt come into it.  Learn what Pay 2 Win means.  You were just taught.  Write it down or something. 

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by pielkor

Why because its true?

P2W ? Before max level ? I don't understand , to win what ?   

The only thing that you can "win" in this game is the ability to play this game.  you pay the box price, you win the game.

...admit it, it makes more sense than what those darned chicken littles are spouting.

@corehaven:  +1

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Why because its true?

OK, so if I follow this right, you get no points for trolling a thread that's already been trolled..Or as in this case, one that started off as a troll topic. I think I got that. But now what happens if someone takes a trolled thread and rails it into a valid topic?

No troll points... and original troll losses points. If another troll comes along and turns it BACK into a troll post, they get the points lost from original troll.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Why because its true?

it seems the term "is a fact" is getting popular these days.

you have no idea what you are saying and you obviously dont know anything about GW2 and thats a fact.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Wait a minute. Someone is saying GW2 is the holy fail and not the holy grail?...plasphemy i say!

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Corehaven

Why because its true?

It offers items that speed up leveling etc.  Which gets you possibly to 80 faster when you then admit yourself IT NO LONGER MATTERS.   Pay to win means WINNING.  Winning against what?  Mobs are not easier to kill, dungeons are not easier to run, the game world itself is just as dangerous with or without the cash shop. 

So no paying to win is involved.  Because you have just as big a chance of being killed by a mob with or without the cash shop, therefore winning doesnt come into it.  Learn what Pay 2 Win means.  You were just taught.  Write it down or something. 

The trouble is that one person's definition of winning is just considered playing to most of us.  For example, if the little number beside my name says 27 and yours says 28, some would say that you are "winning".  Of course, you and I both know it's not the case.  But to the hyper-competitive, you may as well have just shot my dog, stolen my wife, clubbed me to death with a fish bat and tap danced on my grave.

How can one argue with that kind of logic -- rationally, I mean?

Why because its true?

No troll points... and original troll losses points. If another troll comes along and turns it BACK into a troll post, they get the points lost from original troll.

Aww hell, can I just shoot the troll and take his points?

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I'm surprised the OP used Tera's stop-action combat as an example though. You think he's have chosen a decent combat system at least to compare GW2's action oriented system. Sheesh.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• RathanX26RathanX26 Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Unlight

Originally posted by Corehaven

Why because its true?

The trouble is that one person's definition of winning is just considered playing to most of us.  For example, if the little number beside my name says 27 and yours says 28, some would say that you are "winning".  Of course, you and I both know it's not the case.  But to the hyper-competitive, you may as well have just shot my dog, stolen my wife, clubbed me to death with a fish bat and tap danced on my grave.

How can one argue with that kind of logic -- rationally, I mean?

tap dancing requires a hard surface for a contact point to produce the sound needed for the "tap" noise. Technically, unless the grave was paved over, you could dance on it, but not tap dance on it...

(sorry, this was a pointless post, but i couldn't resist)

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

Why the hell does every single thread always ALWAYS get hijacked to that dam cash shop?  There is no new information and hasn't been for how long now? And I don't want to hear about the leak. That stuff is the garbage ANet was questioning if it even had any viability as an item to be sold in the 1st place. That's why they were beta testing it. None of it is guaranteed.

And yet herer we are with the same old arguements. The that horse has been beaten so hard now it's grandchildren are dead and they haven't even been born yet!

Give it a rest already. We already know all we can know about that shop!

It's so bad even a dam troll thread gets hijacked for it.

• SythionSythion Member Posts: 422

Originally posted by kompleksaki

Yes, it's as bad as you say it is.  Thank you for stopping by the Guild Wars 2 forums.  I hope your stay has been a pleasureable one.  Tera forums are down the hall to your right.  Just look for the half-naked schoolgirls.  You can't miss it.

Half-naked schoolgirls??! WHERE!>@!@!>!11

Down the hall.  To your right.  Oh hell, just follow Siveria.

Siveria!

Give me your schoolgirls.

I don't want to go into the creepy room down the hall to my right with you.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Why the hell does every single thread always ALWAYS get hijacked to that dam cash shop?  There is no new information and hasn't been for how long now? And I don't want to hear about the leak. That stuff is the garbage ANet was questioning if it even had any viability as an item to be sold in the 1st place. That's why they were beta testing it. None of it is guaranteed.

And yet herer we are with the same old arguements. The that horse has been beaten so hard now it's grandchildren are dead and they haven't even been born yet!

Give it a rest already. We already know all we can know about that shop!

It's so bad even a dam troll thread gets hijacked for it.

Does that mean you admit defeat? 

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Yes it is exactly like WoW. A shame you won't be playing. Hope you find a game you like.

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Would have said the troll was terrible, but it seems a few people took the bait.

Also nice re-troll Bilbo, full credit for not only hijacking a troll thread but then turning around and trolling everyone in it.

/Brofist