Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift is still the second best MMORPG on the market imo.

2»

Comments

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by evilastro

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Endgame

EQ2 <--- Age of Conan <--- Aion <--- LotRO <--- WoW <---  SW:TOR <--- Rift 

Fixed that for you.

I would really like to see you justify that claim.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Originally posted by stragen001

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Originally posted by Kyleran

Personal opinion, EVE is a far better MMORPG, Rift is good for a standard theme park title.

I do like SWTOR's leveling/story model better than Rifts, can't speak to end game raiding as I don't do gear grinds anymore.

EVE?

Where you need 6mo just to be considered entry level and another 3-4 years to get to average?

Don't get me wrong, The game looks like it would be everything in an MMO I'd want. Except this.

Eve is not a game, its an economics lesson. 

I 100% agree with ^

My brother tried for years to get me to play EVE, and everytime I ended up deleting within a week.  I just cannot get into that game at all.  I won't knock people who enjoy it, but I didn't like it.

Rift was fun, and I seriously considered resubbing when I canceled my SWTOR account last week, but I think I'll just hold out until D3.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by SuperDonk

Personal opinion, EVE is a far better MMORPG, Rift is good for a standard theme park title.

I do like SWTOR's leveling/story model better than Rifts, can't speak to end game raiding as I don't do gear grinds anymore.

EVE?

Where you need 6mo just to be considered entry level and another 3-4 years to get to average?

Don't get me wrong, The game looks like it would be everything in an MMO I'd want. Except this.

I 100% agree with ^

My brother tried for years to get me to play EVE, and everytime I ended up deleting within a week.  I just cannot get into that game at all.  I won't knock people who enjoy it, but I didn't like it.

Rift was fun, and I seriously considered resubbing when I canceled my SWTOR account last week, but I think I'll just hold out until D3.

Go ahead and sub. I went back during a free weekend event a few months back. Had a blast. What's the worst that happens? You are out 15 bucks? 

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Originally posted by SuperDonk

EVE?

I 100% agree with ^

Go ahead and sub. I went back during a free weekend event a few months back. Had a blast. What's the worst that happens? You are out 15 bucks? 

I know I should.  It's cheaper than buying a game this weekend to get me through this month.

• BlueLanternBlueLantern Member Posts: 96

meh. AC and EQ are still on the market so not really. WoW is not the best, Rift is not the second best.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

PVE content ?

Nothing beats EQ2 although rift is catching up fast as the best fantasy PVE game (do people even PVP in rift anymore ? )

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by William12

PVE content ?

Nothing beats EQ2 although rift is catching up fast as the best fantasy PVE game (do people even PVP in rift anymore ? )

PvP is mostly what I do in Rift when it comes to instances.

Rest is world PvE

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Originally posted by William12

PVE content ?

PvP is mostly what I do in Rift when it comes to instances. Rest is world PvE

I had always enjoyed WoW's PVP except for Arena PVP. That was a slap in the face. Yeah the Goblins set up neutral fighting in a box for sprot and provided the best reward. Forget the fact that the game was centered around 2 factions fighting for control and they couldn't reward their heroes? Bah!

Anyway, When I came to Rift, I wanted to experience PVP differently, since I had been on a PVE server in WoW, I went PVP in Rift. I can tell you that PVP has nothing to do with PVP. In Theme Parks, you can chose to get ganked while you level or you can chose not to get ganked while you level. That's the only difference I saw. Even being good in PVP on a PVP server ahd nothing to do with what went on in the world when 50s came into the zones.

I want back to a PVE server and I enjoy PVP as much as ever. I wish real world PVP meant soemthing.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I guess I could put rift behind eve but ahead of wow yeah
  • DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Rift has spthe best graphics of any mmo at the moment, fun gameplay yeah it's definitely either top 1 or 2 moms at the moment, people just hate on rift because they either haunt played it or really stunk at it.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Originally posted by evilastro

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Endgame

EQ2 <--- Age of Conan <--- Aion <--- LotRO <--- WoW <---  SW:TOR <--- Rift 

Fixed that for you.

This made me chuckle.