Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am now concerned about this game

12346»

Comments

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

What's the resume of FUNCOM look like ? Do they have a history of producing great games...or something else......

After ANARCHY and AOC...how can you get excited about Secret World ?

I had a great time in AoC, sure, the launch sucked, but as an MMO it wasn't the standard themepark MMO, they tried a lot more different things than other themepark MMO's did, I like it when a dev company follow their own path in development and not just blindly copy the features of other success MMO's like WoW.

The problem is that their execution or engine isn't as good as some others that are around, which makes me sceptic whether they'll have everything as polished at launch as for example a LotrO had - in fact, I'm expecting it'll not be the case.

But I like their ideas and vision for their MMO, and I can cope with bugs if the game is interesting and entertaining enough to me. I was able to with AoC, to have a great time, so I don't see why TSW, that looks to be even more my style of MMO, would be different.

Originally posted by plzignoreme

Originally posted by thark

What's the resume of FUNCOM look like ? Do they have a history of producing great games...or something else......

They have a history of creating games that belong in the better category, and one can even argue that they have created 2 of the best MMO's there is..So yes we are defenatly entiteled to be exited about TSW.

.. You know. If you're going to promote the game on this site, you might want to sound less like a Norwegian typing English.

Just a hint.

Lol. The guy has been on this site since 2003, with around 700 posts on all kinds of topics. That's 9 years longer than you and a hell of a lot more posts on all kinds of non-Funcom related discussions than you have done. Just saying image

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

They have a history of creating games that belong in the better category, and one can even argue that they have created 2 of the best MMO's there is..So yes we are defenatly entiteled to be exited about TSW.

.. You know. If you're going to promote the game on this site, you might want to sound less like a Norwegian typing English.

Just a hint.

Im not Norweigan, I'm close thou...Swedish. But you could have found that out just by clicking on me..

[Mod Edit]

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by cutthecrap

I had a great time in AoC, sure, the launch sucked, but as an MMO it wasn't the standard themepark MMO, they tried a lot more different things than other themepark MMO's did, I like it when a dev company follow their own path in development and not just blindly copy the features of other success MMO's like WoW.

The problem is that their execution or engine isn't as good as some others that are around, which makes me sceptic whether they'll have everything as polished at launch as for example a LotrO had - in fact, I'm expecting it'll not be the case.

But I like their ideas and vision for their MMO, and I can cope with bugs if the game is interesting and entertaining enough to me. I was able to with AoC, to have a great time, so I don't see why TSW, that looks to be even more my style of MMO, would be different.

Just a hint.

Lol. The guy has been on this site since 2003, with around 700 posts on all kinds of topics. That's 9 years longer than you and a hell of a lot more posts on all kinds of non-Funcom related discussions than you have done. Just saying image

Thank you :)

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

The lifetime sub and it's price is a major red flag.  The worst case scenarios are:

1) They fear that the game won't retain subscribers and want to grab peoples cash ASAP.

OR

2) The game is initially successful but within a year they are left with a high % of lifetimers that only buy expansions.  This killed LOTRO as a sub based game and their content updates plummeted long before changing to F2P. 

This discussion has been closed.