Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This games PvP is a joke.

2»

Comments

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Agreed. The PvP is a complete and utter waste of time. The cooldown fiesta that is also known as the combat system just makes it even worse. This game would have been great in 2004.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

It never ceases to amaze me that there are people who still think PvP in a gear-centric PvE-focused game is ever going to be anything but crap.

PvP in ToR sux? No freakin' duh, you're brain damaged if you expected anything else.

As for it being worse than Rift's? You are kidding, I hope. Anyone thinking that either never played Rift or has serious amnesia.

Don't expect good PvP in a game that isn't designed from the ground up to be a PvP game. Of course those fail miserably because PvP is nothing more than an excruciatingly loud but seriously microscopic niche, but, that aside, going to WoW, Rift, ToR, or any other PvE-centric themepark and expecting decent PvP is a sign of severe mental retardation -- nothing less or more.

• goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by Adamantine

Originally posted by goldiewilson

What a bunch of crap fanboy, WOW still has better pvp than TOR even with the horrible things GC has done to it. TOR will be lucky to last as long or do as well as EQ2 much less WOW. TOR has lost over 200,000 subs since they released subscriber numbers. So thats a bleed of 200k in one month, at best it will struggle to keep up with Runescape lol.

Wait a sec ... even you, as a hater, can only accuse SW:TOR of losing 200k of 1.5m subscribers ? Sounds to me like SW:TOR is actually a quite massive success.

The "stun game" though sounds awful, though. At least people who got stunned should get temporary immunities for a while. Like: you got a 6s stun, you are now immune (or highly resistant) to any stun effect for the next 24s.

200k is massive thats the last official report from mmodata and that info is old now. That is a massive one month bleed by any standards, even WOW would notice that. I will put it to you this way, it's numbers are falling faster than AIONs, which held steady the last few months, Runescape actually went up users and if the trend continues TOR will have less actuive subs or users than AION or Runescape by next month, after that they are going to be fighting with Final Fantasy, but they will be lucky if the bleed stops at FF numbers.

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

Originally posted by albaficass

swtor did 1.7mil in less than 2 months.

PLEASE tell me you know why that is. PLEASE tell me I won't have to explain the concept of market direction to you.

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by albaficass

Originally posted by tixylix

At least when WoW first came out it was all world PVP and amazingly fun with city raids every weekend.

WoW was crap at launch the troll war was even more there than swtor has now.

wow reach 1.4mil sub after a YEAR...the game was horrible in every single aspects for a year.

swtor did 1.7mil in less than 2 months.

ppl say swtor is dead lol but its not...there is still at leas 1.1   1.3 mil sub active and 1,2 patch will make things even bigger

haters gonna hate.....swtor is here to stay and it will grow all you peeps who think swtor will go f2p u can start dreaming cause it will never happen for at least 4-5 years

LOL

Okay.

I wish I had some magical notebook of eternal storage to keep track of all the prophecies I see every day on this site.  Nostradamus would be intimidated by it all, I'm sure.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

im starting to think blizzard loves it when games copy them and make more crappy thempark games like Rift or star wars its almost like other companys are makeing some knock off expansion for wow and all the sheep run and buy it then when they are burnt out in 4 months from lack of content.  blizzard makes a expansion for wow then all those same idiots run and buy that. and blizzard gets all their sheep back.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

lol

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

There really isnt a whole lot to compare the pvp to, Iv played tons of WOW pvp, thats the only game I can think of that you can compare the pvp to.  Im all about pvp, I played a bit of SWTOR's, what I did play of it, it was very much lop sided afair which left me frustrated, being the competitive nature that I am.  Considering its a new game and that SWTOR is story based driven, I wouldnt call it bad, its definitely not good though that we can be sure of. 

Id like to see some better designed maps and more interesting objectives then what is currently available. 

• NevereveNNevereveN Member UncommonPosts: 11

If the game engine is crap then the game itself is crap.

• sienosieno Member Posts: 119

can we say NGE all grown up like the staypuff marshmallow game grinding wz for gear = not fun for me  what happened to open world pvp ??  anyways *sigh*

You want loot? Go kill some npcs, you wanna visit hades? come find ME, and dont forget to bring coins for the ferryman,