Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowrun Returns!

2»

Comments

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

I'm going to read a little more, I may do this.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I really hope these Kickstarter campaigns work for developers.  I think it's a brilliant idea that can really get a feeler out there whether there is interest or not.

Glad to see it's not a terrible FPS.

• DyrttDyrtt Member Posts: 422

I'd like to add that the dev's have stated that if they hit the $1Mil mark, they will be adding a Linux version of the game in addition to the feature listed here.  It won't be available at the same time as the Windows and Mac versions though.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Update #8: Did Someone Say "Digital-Only Reward Level"?

You did! And we heard you! And here it is!

THE ALL-DIGITAL REWARD BUNDLE

This reward bundle is completely independent of all other reward levels, does not include any previous rewards, and is not added to reward levels above.

A Digital Downloadable COPY OF THE GAME, DRM free on PC, Mac, or Linux + one totally sweet, exclusive desktop WALLPAPER for your PC, Mac, or mobile tablet + your character will start the game with a SPECIAL ABILITY only available to backers + a PDF version of the Shadowrun Returns Anthology, an ILLUSTRATED BOOK OF SHORT STORIES written for the game and edited by Jordan Weisman, the creator of Shadowrun + you will also get the IN-GAME DocWagon benefit of a fully-armed emergency ambulance or chopper to save your team of runners when the drek hits the fan + a DRM-free digital version of the GAME SOUNDTRACK.

This bundle includes no physical goods and helps with VAT, duty and shipping costs for our international backers.

But wait! There's more!

We're also adding a DRM-free digital version of the GAME SOUNDTRACK to the $60 Reward Level. If you back Shadowrun Returns at the $60 level or above, you get it! 

How about those Backer T-Shirts?

Everyone backing the project at the $60 level and above will receive a Backers T-Shirt. After our Kickstarter closes, Backers will receive a survey and will vote on which of these three Shadowrun Returns everyone will receive.

We'll update our FAQ again as soon as possible! Check back soon.

Thanks for everything!

HBS

Update #7: A Little Fireside Chat

New Video Link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts

Last week we announced that if our funding hit $1.5m, we’ll create a special story, just for backers, that connects the plots in the SNES and Sega Shadowrun games. It’s our way of saying thank you for all your support. Your reaction was immediate, passionate, and inspiring.

It seems like everyone is really excited about the mission (we are too!), but an overwhelming number of you don’t want that the mission to be exclusive for backers. You want everyone who loves Shadowrun to be able to experience it.

That’s awesome.

Your generosity of spirit and your support for people who aren’t (yet, we hope) involved in this Kickstarter really says something important about the Shadowrun Community and we’re proud to be a part of it. But we still want to say “thank you” to everyone supporting the project and putting their faith in us.

So here’s what we’re going to do: If we’re lucky enough to get to $1.5m, we’ll create that story and make it available only to backers but for an exclusive period of time. Then, we’ll open it up so that everyone can see how the dots between Jake and Harlequin are connected.

Everybody plays. Everybody wins. Everybody calls DocWagon.

You people are incredible. As of this writing, we have well over 6,000 posts on our Kickstarter page alone. Add to that the thousands more on Reddit, Dumpshock, Facebook, the comments pages of sites hosting articles about the project, and the gazillion private messages and emails we receive and one thing is clear—people are talking about Shadowrun Returns.

Back when Jordan first created Shadowrun, this sort of community interaction just wasn’t possible. The best way (it felt like the only way) to communicate with fans was in person at game conventions. Not a very efficient method, but a fun one! Happily, the Digital Age is upon us and we feel very lucky to have the ability to read your comments, listen to your debates, and write blog posts like these.

As we look across all the myriad websites and forums, it’s become quite apparent that this community needs a place of its own: a Shadowrun Universe website.

• One place where fans of every aspect of Shadowrun (remember the collectible card game?) come together to learn, to express themselves, and to have fun.

• One place where everyone we can share a love of Shadowrun: forums, fiction, art, videos, news . . . everything.

• One place where we can check in with you.

So, in that spirit of community, we’ve teamed up with our friends at Cliffhanger Productions, who are developing Shadowrun Online and with Catalyst Game Labs, the producers of the Shadowrun tabletop game, to make this a reality.

Just to be clear: we are not going to use any of the Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter money to fund the Shadowrun Universe website.

Our Kickstarter project is about creating a new Shadowrun game with your generous support. The Shadowrun Universe website is about all of us revitalizing and re-energizing a game setting that we’ve loved for years.  

More on this later when we’ve worked through the details. For now, back to crunching!

Thanks again! You make this worth doing!

HBS

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts

Theres only 7 days left so keep pledging people :D

Yea, just about 6 days to go.  They are trying to hit 1.5 mill.  They're close but I don't know if they are going to make it.  Fortunately, they've already more than exceeded their initial target of 400k, so the game is definitely being made.  I hope they make it to their current goal but I'll be happy even if they  don't.  I've been waiting a long time for this game.

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

They're at $1,454,980 now, and I just added $15.00 to it. Given the relative speed with which they've been hitting their goals, it's not unreasonable to think they could make the $1.5m in four days. The extra mission at that level would be lovely, but the second city already achieved by reaching $1m is the huge one. I think this might be the first time in awhile I've felt so good spending money on a game. Even if it turns out to be terrible, I'd rather spend $15 on someone's passion project than $60 on a mega-publisher's shooteriffic attempt at market penetration.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

OMG WTF....HELL YES!!!!! So Donating! Great to see such support for such a finaminial UNI/Game. SR was my first  PnP LOL!

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

$1,500,000 reached tonight! In addition to everything on the chart above, that gets us another fully developed mission. =)

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Originally posted by Jenuviel

They're at $1,454,980 now, and I just added $15.00 to it. Given the relative speed with which they've been hitting their goals, it's not unreasonable to think they could make the $1.5m in four days. The extra mission at that level would be lovely, but the second city already achieved by reaching $1m is the huge one. I think this might be the first time in awhile I've felt so good spending money on a game. Even if it turns out to be terrible, I'd rather spend $15 on someone's passion project than $60 on a mega-publisher's shooteriffic attempt at market penetration.

Market penetration meaning consumers getting bent over.......

Just three hours to go.  They are trying to hit 2 mill and have 200k to go.  It probably won't quite happen but, I think they'll get close. 

I've been waiting for this game for so long!