Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Capcom defends on-disc DLC - Report

firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Capcom defends on-disc DLC - Report

Purported statement from publisher says there is "effectively no distinction" between on-disc DLC and downloaded add-ons save for delivery method.

Capcom has no problem with on-disc downloadable content, according to a company statement obtained by CinemaBlend.

What do you think about on-disc DLC?

A reader sent the site what it claims to be Capcom's response to a Better Business Bureau complaint lodged against the company in regard to Street Fighter X Tekken's on-disc DLC. In the statement, Capcom said the best way to go about offering add-on content is by including it on game discs.

"While Capcom is sorry that some of its fans are not happy about the chosen method of delivery for the DLC, we believe that this method will provide more flexible and efficient gameplay throughout the game's lifecycle," reads the statement. "There is effectively no distinction between the DLC being 'locked' behind the disc and available for unlocking at a later date, or being available through a full download at a later date, other than delivery mechanism. We hope that this addresses [name withheld] concerns."

GameSpot has contacted Capcom for comment on the matter, but as of press time, the publisher had not responded.

On the eve of Street Fighter X Tekken's launch earlier this month, Capcom admitted that the 12 "downloadable" characters announced as PlayStation Vita exclusives were actually on the discs of the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game. These fighters will be sold for $20 (1,600 MS points) sometime after the PS Vita version launches this fall.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-defends-on-disc-dlc-report-6369371

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

They are correct but they should have know what the perception of it would be, it's just the same as downloadable DLC but putting it on the disc you buy and locking you out of it until you pay more just rubs it in people's faces.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

I've been a big fan of Capcom in years past.  But this whole thing by Capcom is some outstanding douchebaggery.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)