Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will GW2 have any big boss fights with no tank class?

2»

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by aguliondew

Originally posted by IGBT

With those type of game mechanics and no defined tank, I predict there will be some elite players who manage to figure out how to solo content meant for large groups.  I actually like this kind of out of the box playstyle.

That will be difficult to from what I have seen. You can only dodge so much, champion mobs hit hard, and elite dynamic event are suppose to be done with multiple players. Even if you attempt to solo it eventually someone will come by and join in.

Don't forget level scaling.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Originally posted by Nethriil

Not to be a downer but from what i ve seen boss fights are very static. So the fight will be the same every time you encounter it. I rather like the fights where you actually have to strategies and encounter changes depending on aggro etc. Anyway gw2 is a pure pvp game for me and i am looking forward to that

Articles have said that the story modes are pretty much static, albight there are a few random dynamic events that show up from time to time. 

However, in the explorable mode, their tactics will change as well as what bosses will be available.  Theirs more randomness among the monster tactics and dynamic events. 

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by IGBT

I am assuming that since everyone can heal and there are no dedicated healers that everyone can tank and there are no dedicated tanks (would be silly to say we want groups to not have to look for healers and then require groups to look for tanks).

So...will there never be a monster that can 1 shot a non tank class since everyone can tank?  No longer will we have 5 people chaining heals on one person so they can withstand 30,000 point crits?

Or will a 40 man raid against a world boss just be a free for all with everyone grabbing agro, dying, then getting battle rezzed.

That could be quite interesting actually.

I kinda doubt that most classes can be one shotted, possibly thiefs and eles but you can certainly go down fast if you don´t play just right as a team.

The active dodging will also help a lot.

I think it will be interesting. :)

In the ascalon catacombs explorable mode video of totalbiscuit, with a warrior he goes down to basically 2% hp in literally 2 seconds from almost all hp, and thats the first real boss out of the multiple there are in the dungeon.

So yes i think its safe to assume that every class can be one shoted at one point in a dungeon if you are not carefull.

• Vore_TechzVore_Techz Member Posts: 122

Tanking in GW2 is a good way to die quickly.

My favourite way to tank in GW2 is to tank the spike traps in Ascalonian Catacombs by standing on them like a boss...

(>^_^)> MMO Veteran <(^_^<)
    Currently Playing: Tera Online