Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100$ for the *DIGITAL* Collector of guildwar 2.......

atmos29atmos29 Member Posts: 3

i dont have any of the goodies and no box just 5 virtual item in gift for 100$ i found the price a little bit high for a numeric édition!

i dont have a box,a soundtrack cd,a statue, etc ..... the numeric basic version of the game is 70 canadian $ but the *DELUXE numeric* édition is 100 canadian $, i found the price a bit high for only 5 virtual item in bonus with the game......

i know its Guildwar 2 but for 100$ you have the box of diablo 3 édition collector with the usb key and all the goodies, so why with guildwar 2 i have to pay 100$ for just add 5 virtual item to the game.........its expansive for a virtual launcher with 5 low lvl gift....its just mi oppinion feel free to give your own ;)

Comments

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

What isn't expensive these days but people still go out and buy it.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

It's $80.  Still a bit overpriced.  I'm going to wind up buying it anyway.

If you don't want it, don't buy it.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I'm not sure what you're talking about but the Digital Deluxe edition is listed as $79.99 on the official site.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Whatever, just get the regular 60 bucks version then.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by atmos29

i dont have any of the goodies and no box just 5 virtual item in gift for 100$ i found the price a little bit high for a numeric édition!

i dont have a box,a soundtrack cd,a statue, etc ..... the numeric basic version of the game is 70 canadian $ but the *DELUXE numeric* édition is 100 canadian $, i found the price a bit high for only 5 virtual item in bonus with the game......

i know its Guildwar 2 but for 100$ you have the box of diablo 3 édition collector with the usb key and all the goodies, so why with guildwar 2 i have to pay 100$ for just add 5 virtual item to the game.........its expansive for a virtual launcher with 5 low lvl gift....its just mi oppinion feel free to give your own ;)

Well... the 60$ prices is kinda standard this days for games, the digital deluxe is meh... CE is 150$ and is high because of the statue and the art prints + the frame so that's kinda worth it in my eyes. Too bad the prices aren't the same everywhere (like europe and US currency switch).

As far as I know the Diablo 3 Collectors edition is 214$, isn't it?

I'm talking US $ :)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

Originally posted by heartless

I'm not sure what you're talking about but the Digital Deluxe edition is listed as $79.99 on the official site.

he's talking about Canadian Dollars

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

you dont have to buy anything...

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Ummmm..... so dont buy it........problem solved.

See how quick and easy that was.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

I don't think the digital deluxe is worth it. All you get is an elite skill that will probably be replaced sometime throughout your leveling experience and a mini-pet. The other stuff won't last.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by korent1991

Still makes no sense, since they're quoting US$ on the website, and our dollar is worth more than the Greenback

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

I checked the EB Games Canadian site and found this:

http://www.ebgames.ca/pc/games/guild-wars-2/253856

That would be a better deal than paying extra for 2 digital items that might not be worth the price.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by atmos29

Standard Digital Edition sounds like it's for you - $59.99

Digital Delux Edition is - $79.99 so not exactly $100

Diablo 3 is a completely different game and they are throwing everything they can into it to increase the value for w/e reason (Many believe this is due to lower sales expectations than initially thought).

In the end if you do not feel the virtual items ar worth it then don't buy the digital deluxe edition. Buy the standard edition and save the $20. And yes.... it's only $20 were talking about.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Dont like? Dont buy! 

Goes for everything pretty much.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The Canadian Dollar today is worth US$1.01, so I hope that the Canadian EB site is the actual price in $Canadian. If there is official Canadian pricing of $70/$100 for the two Digital Editions, than someone at NCSoft must be smoking the good stuff. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by fiontar

The Canadian Dollar today is worth US$1.01, so I hope that the Canadian EB site is the actual price in $Canadian. If there is official Canadian pricing of $70/$100 for the two Digital Editions, than someone at NCSoft must be smoking the good stuff. :)

I looked it up this afternoon and all I saw was the standard digital download listed at 59.99.  No mention of the deluxe DD or the CE.  If the OP has seen these prices quoted somewhere by EBGames, I'd like the link.

• GoldiusGoldius Member UncommonPosts: 42

I think im going with the $60 version...the $80 version is exactly the same but you get a few timed items that's it?

So $20 for items that disappear or am i missing something?

Cheers

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Goldius

I think im going with the $60 version...the $80 version is exactly the same but you get a few timed items that's it?

Cheers

You also get a Summon Mistfire Wolf elite skill and a Rytlock mini-pet. I'm guessing that the elite skill will be on par with the racial elite skills, meaning that it will be slightly weaker than the class elite skills.

Edit: personally, I'm going for the $60 version. The elite skill and the mini-pet don't interest me at all. Neither do the one use items.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by Goldius

Cheers

exactly for $20 u are better off spending it on cash shop items.

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 516

Canadia

LOL.

Originally posted by Mephster

What isn't expensive these days

yeah spoiler alert kiddies...  things will always constantly go way up in price as long as you live here.

when I was young, soda cost 50 cents and a phone call only a dime.

This country has something called Inflation and it happens because our Government just prints more money every time it runs up more Debt.   (& the primary source of "debt" is calculated FROM anticipating compounding interest and massive future inflation... It's an endless cycle of fail)

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Seeing how fast the dollar is losing value, it mighta ctually be $100 by the time it's released!

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

if they allow paypal, i yust set my currency to dollars, and pay the dollar price instead of the europrice which is calculated like every other currency at gw2..wrong :P

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED

Originally posted by iller

Canadia

LOL.

what's so funny? xD

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004

Well I'm in AU and it's telling me Digital Edition: $39.99 Digital Deluxe: $59.99 on the official site.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

Its listed at £129.99 on the official english GW2 site which converts to $208.What a big difference and total ripp off.

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

I didn't realise digital deluxe at £65 only had timed items, usually i buy that version because having the extras helps when leveling, like the mount in SWTOR and Rift. But I'll save my £15 and just buy the standard version me thinks, don't understand why ppl would pay £15 for one item use items.

About the overall price, actually I don't mind it, you don't pay for sub, but you pay a bit extra on the price tag, so thats fine with me, its only the price of a normal game and 1 months sub so as long as I play it for longer than 2 months I'll have my moneys worth lol.