Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Count Down Until Pre Purchase!!

Comments

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Jakard

I know I'm in the minority here but are we really getting excited over the day we get to pre-purchase the game? And wait... who came up with the phrase "pre purchase"? In order to pre-purchase the game don't we have to purchase the game. Maybe we should accurately re-title this "Purchase the Pre-game"... I don't know. Random thoughts, I know. I'm tired and shouldn't hit the send button but I've come too far to turn back now...

pre purchase is accurate, we are purchasing the whole game pre release. Many games are doing it these days, most are indie but its not unheard of in big name games either.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by Jakard

I know I'm in the minority here but are we really getting excited over the day we get to pre-purchase the game? And wait... who came up with the phrase "pre purchase"? In order to pre-purchase the game don't we have to purchase the game. Maybe we should accurately re-title this "Purchase the Pre-game"... I don't know. Random thoughts, I know. I'm tired and shouldn't hit the send button but I've come too far to turn back now...

Loved the last sentence ^^

Personally yeah I'm excited cause the pre purchase will be my way of showing ArenaNet that I'm very excited about what they are doing and that I have faith in them to do so. I also hope it will show NCSoft that ArenaNet is on the right track and let them do their thing and not interfere.

Even if ArenaNet would put in a big "I WIN" button in the cash shop or "Screw you here is THE BEST pvp gear there is and it's only 50 dollars" (which I don't even for a second believe that they would do) I would still have a game I could play for the PVE experience for the same price as Skyrim.

No sub makes it an easy decision for me to put money up front to them cause even if they screw me I can still play the game as a PVE experience, and I am one of those people that play MMORPGs for the pve (and if I can for the roleplaying part) in the first place (I've always hated the endgame in almost every game).

Also, of course, it's for the guaranteed beta access... Obviously ^^

• Hero_AlphaHero_Alpha Member UncommonPosts: 60

I just hope it isn't too long after 10APR that its released. While I wait I am playing Guild Wars some and DCUO. Its really killing me waiting because my new PC will be delivered on 09APR as well.

playing:DCUO,GW2,WoW
    played:SWG,LotRO,CoH,GW,FF14,ESO,AlbionOnline

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I'm not so excited about the day I get to give my money away and get nothing immediately in return.  But I am very excited for the day I finally get to beta test the game.  

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Between PvP videos that contain no actual PvP and getting excited about the day you can prepurchase the game, I think the level of fandom has officially gotten out of control.

• darKanthony3darKanthony3 Member Posts: 7

The prepurchase is good, it will give them a good base of how many servers they should have, and then they will add about 20% more for walkin purchases.  I believe its a way to have a very smooth launch come release day.  Now if we only knew of the release day, their numbers would probably be alot more solid.  Sooooo, release date please?!@? :)

Originally posted by darKanthony3

The prepurchase is good, it will give them a good base of how many servers they should have, and then they will add about 20% more for walkin purchases.  I believe its a way to have a very smooth launch come release day.  Now if we only knew of the release day, their numbers would probably be alot more solid.  Sooooo, release date please?!@? :)

I hope its more than 20% many many many ppl are still preordering with their favorite companies and many others are waiting for a release date to do so. I would think only about 20% are actually preprchasing, perhaps a bit more.

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

Originally posted by fivoroth

I am not particularly excited for 10 April. Prepurchasing the game doesn't give me any joy. I want to play the game... Even if I buy it on the 10 Apr,  I still won't be able to play before release date. I am also not playing the beta events. I don't like playing betas. I only play them for a bit if I am undecided about a game. But I am definitely buying GW2 so there's no point in ruining my first experience of the game.

So for me it's not that exciting...

I am going to play the betas as a chance to see how the classes work first hand and which one really suits my play-style, cause right now I am stuck between 7 different classes...

Originally posted by Mors-Subita

Originally posted by fivoroth

I am not particularly excited for 10 April. Prepurchasing the game doesn't give me any joy. I want to play the game... Even if I buy it on the 10 Apr,  I still won't be able to play before release date. I am also not playing the beta events. I don't like playing betas. I only play them for a bit if I am undecided about a game. But I am definitely buying GW2 so there's no point in ruining my first experience of the game.

So for me it's not that exciting...

I am going to play the betas as a chance to see how the classes work first hand and which one really suits my play-style, cause right now I am stuck between 7 different classes...

wow you are in a bind! I at least know what prof I want.. I cant decide what race >.< PLEASE let us play Asura and Sylvari next time!!!

• MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407

I"m very excited about....

..... damn. Pissed my pants again.

• MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407

I stopped playing MMOG's about 4-5 years ago after being an ardent fan since EQ first came out. I'm not excited about what GW2 "might" be, but by what I already know it is.

(1) It's gorgeous - it has a great style and has great art direction.

(2) I can involve myself in group events or just help others without any formal grouping up, preparations, or worring about KSing or stepping on anyone's toes.  Plus, I'm automatically made aware of nearby events and shown how to get  there.

(3) There's  plenty of diverse race/class/background combinations to explore .

(4) It has ongoing WvWvW.

(5) No tightly-tuned interlocking class dynamic, which allows players to spec out, equip and play their character their way instead of being pressured to conform to some min-max philosophy.

(6) B2P.

(7) No gear grind - just have fun, baby.

The only way I can be disappointed in GW2 is if it becomes something other than what it already is. I'm passing the time by attending farewell parties friends and family are throwing me, realizing that here too soon I'll be spending my time in another world.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

People, just pls try not to get overly excited. Even if Jesus is coming to earth from heaves that day, and if we get our expectations about him way too high then you can find yourself saying to Jesus: "Meh, you look nothing special at all." or "I thought you were some gorgeous muscular long haired dude!"

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

my new gtx 570 is rdy to go. gonna overclock my i7 920 a little bit, and im all set. got a new mouse (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104261)  just for GW2, and it's amazing. my advice to people is to just stop bothering with Razer cuz their shit is so cheap and breaks in 1 year or less.

so my hardware is set. just playing some BF3 and Skyrim to kill time before April 20th.

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Meleagar

I stopped playing MMOG's about 4-5 years ago after being an ardent fan since EQ first came out. I'm not excited about what GW2 "might" be, but by what I already know it is.

(1) It's gorgeous - it has a great style and has great art direction.

(2) I can involve myself in group events or just help others without any formal grouping up, preparations, or worring about KSing or stepping on anyone's toes.  Plus, I'm automatically made aware of nearby events and shown how to get  there.

(3) There's  plenty of diverse race/class/background combinations to explore .

(4) It has ongoing WvWvW.

(5) No tightly-tuned interlocking class dynamic, which allows players to spec out, equip and play their character their way instead of being pressured to conform to some min-max philosophy.

(6) B2P.

(7) No gear grind - just have fun, baby.

The only way I can be disappointed in GW2 is if it becomes something other than what it already is. I'm passing the time by attending farewell parties friends and family are throwing me, realizing that here too soon I'll be spending my time in another world.

(claps) I could not have said it better myself.  especially the last paragraph!  Thank the gaming gods my wife is a gamer.

6 days OH EM GEE   6 days!!!!!!

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

GOSH GOLLY GEE WILLIKERS!!!....

Im excited too!!!

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

6 days till step one.. think they will announce BWE at the same time?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Skarecrow7

6 days till step one.. think they will announce BWE at the same time?

It dont matter, 5 days till countdown overhere in europe

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

since i pre ordered GW2 at GameStop couple years ago ill have to see how early will that give me access to beta or not. Otherwise ill just pre order again form ANET and cancel my old pre... at gamestop

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

there's not a limit on the number of prepurchases is there? i'd hate to miss it...

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Originally posted by atticusbc

there's not a limit on the number of prepurchases is there? i'd hate to miss it...

Not likely.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Unlike TOR I'm hoping GW2 really makes an impact on the genre, but the blinded by hype posts in this thread are completely retarded.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

My guild is also ready to move from Swtor to GW2, we will keep many at Swtor since they want feedback and some streams from their guildies, good to know there isnt going to be NDA in beta weekends.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I'm not preordering anything unless they set a firm launch date first. Until then I'll wait, it's not like pre-orders are limited in any way.

Those who are interested in playing the beta weekends might be enticed by the pre-order. I'm more interested in the final game.

• likeafoxlikeafox Member UncommonPosts: 49

For those who are up on all the details of the game I have a few questions.

Has anyone ordered anything from their store? Do they charge any additional costs? For example; when you buy a game off steam it charges you a couple bucks, where when you buy from EA they charge you tax + 7 bucks for a digital download. Which is ridiculous! Also is their store canadian friendly?

This discussion has been closed.