Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Count Down Until Pre Purchase!!

TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

What are you and your guild and or friends doing while waiting for Guild Wars 2 Pre Purchase?

I can not contain my excitement.  My core guild members are as excited as I am and we can not wait for Guild Wars 2 purchase date.  My wife wants to hear nothing of the game, no spoilers for her, she refuses to be in the room if I'm watching new videos.  She wants a fresh experience upon her entering Tyria.  I personally can't get enough, living for each new video, each new podcast!!! (nom nom nom give mehmoh!!)

--1 hours and counting until PRE PURCHASE!

My guild and I spend a couple hours in League of Legends messing around playing araB and dominion, get bored of that then search the interwebs for any new information that might have been leaked about GW2.   To us it seems defeating to start any new game since it likely contains things we truly can't stand about MMO's.

We've done hundreds if not thousands of hours of questing in mmo's, the traditional way.  We've spent countless hours raiding for gear.  Grinding levels because questing got to boring.  I can keep going on and on but I know I'm not the only one.

We are desperate for change and GW2 is going to be bringing enough of these changes that makes nearly all the games currently available worthless.   We are no longer satisfied.. Thank you ANET now we have nothing worth playing until the beta following pre purchase.

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

i cannot wait either, it's going to be awesome. :) I had to create a whole new signature just because of it.

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by itgrowls

i cannot wait either, it's going to be awesome. :) I had to create a whole new signature just because of it.

I do have to admit that is a pretty epic sig...!  what did you use to create that piece of art?

• LazureusLazureus Member Posts: 26

I told myself that this time I would not get exited and enter the hype wagon but... well I am getting actualy more and more exited too! Damn it, w2b more self control.

well when i say create i mean choose a series of settings

wish i did make the art myself. Wonderful little site.

as an avid cat lover, i finally get to play a cat that doesn't look scraggly or starving.

• McMoneybagsMcMoneybags Member Posts: 18

Ready to purchase a few copies for myself, the missus, and my boxing setup. Let the good times roll!

Players should not have an advantage over other players simply because they have put more time into their characters. We are in the new age of capitalism in gaming!

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

:( I am going to have to wait on a sig.. need to know what race I am playing! DAMMIT they need to let us see the finalized Asura and Sylvari!! I also cant wait and to mcmoneybags or w/e... I think this is finally a game that will kill boxing.. WOOT!!! This game is nearly bot proof and dual boxing proof and its one of my favorite things about the game.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

*hands credit card to Anet.*

Also, I need to find a guild lol

Uhh... what?

Originally posted by ariboersma

:( I am going to have to wait on a sig.. need to know what race I am playing!

I'm personally tied up between Norn / Human  Warrior / Guardian...  There is so much my play style loves about both races and both professions!!!  But imagining those same profs as an Asura....HA!! I seen a video with TotalBiscuit playing an Asura Guardian and I was drooling.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Originally posted by TheTrueKing

8 days and counting. 

Originally posted by TheTrueKing

What are you and your guild and or friends doing while waiting for Guild Wars 2 Pre Purchase?

I'm interested in GW2 out of the actual gameplay. This may be the first MMORPG that I explore without friends at my side. I think my friends are in a mindset where GW2 might not be good for whatever reason (B2P?) and they always just shrug off what they see. I've got two groups of friends playing SWTOR. One is small and one is large. The largest one I feel is hanging by a thread of friendship. Most of them are bored, but they are all hanging in there because they all want to hang out. The large group doesn't want to go back to WoW because some of them like all bears but the black and white ones, which makes me think a few in that group are very susceptible towards being bias for SWTOR. The small group of three, me being one of them, is almost completely deteriorated. I quit SWTOR and the 2nd member of the small group doesn't have his computer working. The only member of the small group of friends playing right now is only remaining in SWTOR because of the PvP guild he has found from what I have heard of him. SWTOR tore me and my friends apart in the MMORPG genre. I can only hope that GW2 can unite us once again. For now I am the pioneer.

I had a core group of guild members, approximately 5-6 of us who stayed together for nearly 2 years until we entered RIFT.

Because some of us out leveled others it ended up ripping us apart and seperating us from each other as well as alienating us because the two who were under leveled didn't want to hear about the higher level things we were experiencing.  They also didn't want us to go down to their dungeons and such to "walk them thru" because then it wouldn't be challanging.

It split us all up but now those same things that split us up are no longer problems in GW2 but because those things caused bad blood between us in previous games it will not reunite the majority.

The beginning of a collapsing guild started with 200+ members in ALLODS online nearly 2 years ago when they released a patch called Gipat.   Post Gipat Patch the guild just evaporated and that core group I talked about tried to stay together in Lotro, CoH, LoL, and a number of other free to play games as well as the last RIFT.   Now only 3 of us are still standing but are looking forward to building a quite unique guild within GW2... Guardians of the Garter -

We'll be a casual PvE guild but with a more Casual Hard Core focus on PvP in W v W and I personally will have a 5 man team for structured PvP.   We'll be filming and Podcasting our adventures as well as doing some war correspondence bi weekly.  Should be a blast.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

The hype is so strong in this thread, that it made me feel like i might not be a true Guild Wars 2 Fanboi, yet. image

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I've given up on existing MMORPGs. I just can't play titles with the old style questing system, with the promise of GW2 on the horizon. I'll pre-purchase on the 10th and will be looking forward to the weekend beta events with great anticipation. However, between beta weekends, I'm going to tone down my access to information on the game and find some non-RPG games to play in order to cleanse my gamer's mind for GW2 MMORPG action. (I may not completely abandon Fantasy though, I anticipate getting back into Orcs Must Die for another play-through). :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Only 8 days untill we can give money to ANet.. kind of funny if you think about that =P

I'm hoping they will tell us release date by then.

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

My guild is mostly playing SWTOR, Vanguard or LOTRO. And my friend went on a week-long trip to Paris. Though he will come back on the 8th, plenty of time to Pre-purchase. Me? Well, I have Lydia and a loot of dragons to slay.

(Dusts off Xbox 360) well Old buddy I think you'll have to get me thru this.

We've made it this long, 8 days should be cake walk. Atleast to be proud owners of the game.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Playing Pre-Searing in GW1 mostly and WoW to keep active with my guildmates before I convert them all to GW2.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

Originally posted by Lucrecia

Playing Pre-Searing in GW1 mostly and WoW to keep active with my guildmates before I convert them all to GW2.

Sounds like a cult lol

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Originally posted by Ankur

Sounds like a cult lol

1st RULE: You do not talk about STEADFAST.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about STEADFAST.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

Originally posted by Ankur

Sounds like a cult lol

1st RULE: You do not talk about STEADFAST.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about STEADFAST.

Thank you, i might end up joining you guys at release; I am not pre purchasing the game. Looks like a nice cult..i mean community. ;p

/joke

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

Do your characters get wiped after all the beta weekends are over? 

it would only make logical sense that yes there is server whipes after beta.   Since pre purchase gives you 3 day head start to launch.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Originally posted by Telondariel

My guess is yes, because they are going to also give pre-purchasers 3 days early access. Beta would have been considered early access if our characters got saved.

Originally posted by Amjoco

Simplify. http://countingdownto.com/countdown/50512

No fun!

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Telondariel

I can't think of one big name game that has ever let you keep your beta characters, open or closed. Beta chars will be wiped, but we get 3 days head start.

This discussion has been closed.