Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Legendary Membership Benefits

2»

Comments

• vierklauwvierklauw Member UncommonPosts: 27

unistalling... anyway this boring game i dont care

• fenrisbluefenrisblue Member UncommonPosts: 138

the "good stuff" is in lock boxes,..the only way to get into lock boxes is to buy keys or sub, the "good stuff" is going to be far superior to the free stuff , soooo the people that have "the good stuff" are going to have a  superior advantage over the free players, thus it becomes pay to win, can not get clearer of a line between f2p and p2w, its not a large amont of money but that does not change the p2w status

• evictonevicton Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by fenrisblue

the "good stuff" is in lock boxes,..the only way to get into lock boxes is to buy keys or sub, the "good stuff" is going to be far superior to the free stuff , soooo the people that have "the good stuff" are going to have a  superior advantage over the free players, thus it becomes pay to win, can not get clearer of a line between f2p and p2w, its not a large amont of money but that does not change the p2w status

The problem is this was never a real f2p game, it was a freemium game, it has always had a sub and in freemium games those that sub have an advantage over those that do not. This is how the freemium model tends to work. Its more like a free trial then truely f2p.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Originally posted by fenrisblue

My understanding of p2w has always been that you can buy your way to the top through cs purchases.  Since the sub comes with the keys to pen the box, I don't see how this is p2w.  It is basically pay to be closer to on par with subscribers.  You can't get ahead of them through the cs.  The sub gives you access to everything, thus by definition isn't p2w unless you consider the sub as p2w which every sub game out there would fall into that category.

Edit:  If they were selling boxes themselves in the cs then I would agree that it is pay 2 win, or even if the only way to get a key was the cs I would agree, but seeing as how subscribers have access to everything, I don't see how it is p2w.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Bah, double post.

• microtogomicrotogo Member Posts: 1

Silly Freebie seekers.. Learn your place.

50 Million real dollars to make this game (even if you don't like it) and you want it all to be free and even?.... How and Why would any game company care about what you think, if you are not contributing to the prolonged existence of the game? You free players are in game to be "food for" or "assist" those people who actually pay for the game. that's how life is and how ALL games that require money to create should be. There is NO free anything if you look deep enough.

I am glad they have a free introduction to the game, my kids get to play and I don't have to pay. If they really get into it, then I buy a sub because it works for them. When they loose interest, they move on to the next game..

There NEEDS to be a real benefit to paying for something and in these types of games it's competing with players in your same level of game play. Free players ARE NOT in the same game play level as PAID players, just so you know the roles.

Yes, I am a small business owner.

Peace

This discussion has been closed.