Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: The Emperor's Wrath Launches

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,036MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The latest update to Age of Conan: Unchained has been unleashed on the world. The Emperor's Wrath is a brand new Tier Four raid instance in the Jade Citadel, complete with three new raid encounters.

Ever-increasing in difficulty, the new raid's ultimate goal is an epic battle with Yah Chieng, the God-Emperor of Paikang himself.

Read more about the Emperor's Wrath on the Age of Conan: Unchained site.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• rpgalonrpgalon canilPosts: 430Member

wow, nice revamp on the PoM

Anyway, cool patch, AoC is getting a lot of nice stuff recently.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper logan lake, BCPosts: 2,129Member Uncommon

more dungeons....more gear to grind...bleh

• LustmordLustmord Mt. Gilead, OHPosts: 1,095Member Uncommon

No doubt. When I got a new pc, I check  out AoC, cuz I always wanted to try it...

I thought it was supposed to be a pvp game, with war mammoths and city seiging... but all I read is that it's a pve dungeon grind at end game. wtf?

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Fresno, CAPosts: 2,414Member

Wow, another T4 raid.

Unlike the originals, did they actually complete this one?

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Nooo, AKPosts: 1,781Member

I do agree that the original focus that Age of Conan was founded on does seem to be dead and gone.

And that IS sad, because as I recall it... the original focus for AoC seemed far more interesting than mere Raids and... time sinks.

I wonder if the Developers of Age of Conan have any notice of this or... I suppose they're just big fans of Raiding themselves.

• ConnmacartConnmacart OsloPosts: 681Member Uncommon

My old guild already killed them, so hooray for new bosses...

AoC's state is rather pathetic nowadays. eventhough I'm not a PvPer I can still see a lot of potential for great PvP, but Craig Morrison will never implement anything that will revive PvP.

He added 1 minigame and shrines of bori, which was more PvE then PvP.

The rest is the same old, since the game launched. Sieges still crash, lag and all the other crap. So basically it's dead. Even the simplest of updates of new maps for existing minigames was never implemented to my knowledge.

There is only massive gear grind now. Grind for Raid Gear. Grind for Faction Gear. 

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,922Member Uncommon

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I do agree that the original focus that Age of Conan was founded on does seem to be dead and gone.

And that IS sad, because as I recall it... the original focus for AoC seemed far more interesting than mere Raids and... time sinks.

I wonder if the Developers of Age of Conan have any notice of this or... I suppose they're just big fans of Raiding themselves.

It could be that's the content their playerbase finds fun.  A lot of times when new content is added, it's the result of seeing the players enjoying that type of content already, so it is building on the engaging experience in their game. While this doesn't mean the other content should be ignored or built upon, expanding on what most of their playerbase enjoys is often going to be the most rewarding - for both players and devs - path to go.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• schiehallionschiehallion OsloPosts: 9Member

Well, apart from the PvE haters here who are probably scorned PvP gamers (Honestly guys, you still sound like same old sad trumpet *waah waah no PvP*), AoC is starting to look up and things are drastically improving. Game dead, lol, when did you last login, Connmacart? Population is down, but at least the main EU servers have lots of activity going most times of the day.

Lots of cool dungeons - most lately the epic House of Crom with lots of riddles and puzzles for players to twist their brain around - and of course new tier raids, both T3.5 in Turan and now the completion of T4 in Jade Citadel. Hooray for the Crom server guilds who have been testing the new T4 raid encounters in Test Live the past weeks and got their world first the same night the patch hit the server... accomplishment? Well, gratz on the kills, if you like playing with unfair advantage. (But that's a whole other issue and my beef with every MMO player out there that seeks to exploit to advance their char rather than playing the game how it's intended)

Anyhow - back to state of things in AoC. Economy is pretty bad, but there's a crafting revamp coming and by the sounds of it, I think it sounds like drawing heavily upon the same concepts as those in Skyrim... base templates known to all, but lots of ingredients and components to further enhance what you craft - with these mats being found both in resource zones and rare ones dropping in both PvE AND PvP zones.

• ConnmacartConnmacart OsloPosts: 681Member Uncommon

All PvE updates, I did not state the game was dead, but it's far from healthy either. My girlfriend still has an active account and the sad state of the game is reflected very well in peoples skill levels while she raids.

PvP is dead. That's all I stated in my previous post. look up my main on yg, name is maire you'll see I don't PvP at all. my PvP level 2 is from sieging alone. The only reason I don't have full t3 is because I had 3 other classes that were needed during that time and I simply got bored of the same old crap after 3 years and the massive gear grind they introduced. 

Don't even get me started on the crafting revamp. It's a kick in the balls to all long time crafters. Replace crafting revamp  with raid gear revamp and that everyone would have to start over then the forums would be in an uproar.

• fldashfldash Oklahoma City, OKPosts: 227Member

What a shame... I played this game from release for quite a few months... Had 2 level 80 characters... Once they started merging servers I quit as it was obvious they had no direction... The PvP at launch was quite fun and I remember quite a few epic battles...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• kevjardskevjards carlislePosts: 1,463Member

got 6 x lvl 80 but i could'nt take anymore..extortionate shop price model,which is nothing short of a joke..played since release,cancelled my sub 2 months ago,but still got 30 days left to mess around.normally i dont let shop models get to me but funcoms is disgusting.still a good game but fell short of what it was supposed and advertised to be...nice they are still adding content to the game though for the players..i just actually wonder if they have another expansion on the cards or are not bothering.i may go back has long as they dont make it another Rise of the Grindfest.