Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch Date Poll

jml816jml816 Member Posts: 53

With the Pre-Order upcoming April 10th, it seems that there is a chance that launch could be right around the corner.  When do you think launch will be?

Comments

• jml816jml816 Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by jml816

With the Pre-Order upcoming April 10th, it seems that there is a chance that launch could be right around the corner.  When do you think launch will be?

I accidentally pressed enter before typing in December 2012 in the poll.  Sorry about that but clearly that would be a valid guess as well...

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

From the research I have been doing, my best estimate for a release would be mid May, the game is proceeding at a fast pace.

• CallinCallin Member Posts: 99

as much as i want it now. im still goin to say September. Take your time. Get it right. Listen to the feed back, and Please for the love of god have a rapport with the testers/fans.

Communication is the key to a great game and launch.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

I voted for june, but knowing how bad are summer dates for game releases, if they don't make it to june I bet it won't be released until september at least.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Dec 2012 for maximum release day sales.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

Where is the most important option???

* NEVER!

:D

• MagisterXIIMagisterXII Member Posts: 7

I'm thinking June 20 - July 5. I guess we'll see in the future. They spent a lot of time on this and should continue to spend the time that they need.

• RobertDinhRobertDinh Member Posts: 647

The game is far from launch...  at least 3-4 months. 

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by RobertDinh

Your definition of far made me laugh. 3-4 months is right around the corner, in MMO development time ^_^

I say somewhere in september, as once the prepurchases get in, i'm sure there will be some tweaking needing to be done, which could take a couple more months. They havent had the mass amount of people playing at once that will be slamming the servers come April 10. I'm sure there will be hiccups.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by mazut

Where is the most important option???
    * NEVER!

:D

Dang, beaten to it, it's vapourware I tell you.
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

We should have a poll for howm many days  unti someone creates another launch date poll. I'll go with 9 days.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I'm guessing late June early July.  I voted June.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Earlier than Diabo 3

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

We all know it will be July 3rd though the EU will be on the Friday.

• RobertDinhRobertDinh Member Posts: 647

Originally posted by Toxia

Originally posted by RobertDinh

Your definition of far made me laugh. 3-4 months is right around the corner, in MMO development time ^_^

I say somewhere in september, as once the prepurchases get in, i'm sure there will be some tweaking needing to be done, which could take a couple more months. They havent had the mass amount of people playing at once that will be slamming the servers come April 10. I'm sure there will be hiccups.

Oh my definition of far doesn't make me laugh... because the pre-purchases start april 10 so a lot of people assumed the game was coming very soon. 

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665

I voted September but I'm hoping for June. It's only 3 months to June and they haven't beta tested the sylvari or asura zones. That combined with beta videos showing many unfinished things like loot tables, balancing, animations, etc; thats just the first 30 levels so I highly doubt the later levels are polished to perfection. I just don't see it being ready in 3 months with everything they have left to test, unless of course they have an internal build that fixes everything but that never happens. Although looking back on it, GW2 is in better shape than SWTOR was 3 months before launch so I guess it's possible.

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Callin

as much as i want it now. im still goin to say September. Take your time. Get it right. Listen to the feed back, and Please for the love of god have a rapport with the testers/fans.

Communication is the key to a great game and launch.

THIS!!!

I've been waiting for this game for over 5 years now.  I can wait a little longer as long as they are making sure to polish off the things that the Beta testers are finding.

Although it kills me to say that and I'd love to have the game now, I'd be willing to play the game broken as long as it gets fixed along the way unlike RIFT which just kept stacking broken content on more broken content...

"it will be released when its finished" - if this is still the moto then by all means make sure its finished before you release it.

• CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

June 1st

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

To me I thought they are releasing it when ready and when it will knock our socks off. Are they their yet or close to it?

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

I voted august, but honestly who the hell releases a mmo in august, maybee ArenaNet does...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i want a well done game with almost no bugs and great launch so i expect an end of the year release although i cant wait to touch the curves of that disc.....

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

No way the game launches in May. It's definitely going to be 4th quarter (at the earliest).

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

September 11th/18th or 25th (at the earliest)

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Probably September. Would be nice to get it earlier, but it sounds as if they still have some kinks to work out before launch. Definitely won't be ready in the next month or two, but I'd be highly surprised if the game doesn't launch this year.

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

Voted August just because there will be about 1 BEW each month starting from April. 4 BWEs will be plenty enough so August seems to me to be the most realistic release date.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.