Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any suggestions?

DevvholicDevvholic Member Posts: 71

So basically I am looking to play an mmorpg again and dont want to pay a lot of money which means buying a game and then paying subs. I am willing to resub to a game though just dont know which one please help 

Games i can resub to: WoW, Swtor, WAR, Rift, AoC

Also any other games that only require a sub are fine and F2P is also fine.

I am about to start school full time so i just want a game i can pick up in my free time and play to keep me busy.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by Devvholic

So basically I am looking to play an mmorpg again and dont want to pay a lot of money which means buying a game and then paying subs. I am willing to resub to a game though just dont know which one please help 

Games i can resub to: WoW, Swtor, WAR, Rift, AoC

Also any other games that only require a sub are fine and F2P is also fine.

I am about to start school full time so i just want a game i can pick up in my free time and play to keep me busy.

Thanks in advance!

Well all games worth playing are in your post, only eve online  is missing. Rest are just not worth to spend time on them

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

I have accounts on all of them. If you ask me wow is still the best one

• DevvholicDevvholic Member Posts: 71

Why would you say WoW is the best one?

• FehdFehd Member UncommonPosts: 64

If u don't mind spaceship theme game then go for EvE , it is skill based so no grind needing and can be very casual . I login in EvE for like 30 mins per day just do 1 or 2 missions and check on skill under training then log off , nothing more . Ofcours there are plenty of things to do if u want to .

I have played eve and enjoyed it but i dont wanna have to pay for the game and then the subscription is the thing

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Originally posted by Devvholic

I have played eve and enjoyed it but i dont wanna have to pay for the game and then the subscription is the thing

You liked EVE you could try perpetuum, I consider it EVE-light (less complex for better or worse). There's no initial cost and $10 a month sub.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• NiffiNiffi Member Posts: 36

Heyho, if you only want something to play, you can try Vindictus. It has an amazing fighting system, but no open world and nearly no pvp. Its f2p.

Greets Niffi

• cheachancheachan Member Posts: 122

You can try Dragon Nest, Atlantica or Granado Espada

eh didnt really like vindictus or dragons nest or the others :/

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Just pick from your initial list.

WoW and RIFT are polished games.  If you don't want a game that is 'rough around the edges', you should resub to these.  You've played them before so you know that they play similar.  Just pick the game with the features that you like.

SWTOR is still rough around the edges, but it is 'the new shiny' for now and you probably haven't gotten all classes to act 3.

AoC is free to play now, so if price is a big issue (you mentioned school full-time), then you can always play this.  The game disagrees with my computer for some reason, but otherwise, I enjoy the combat system. 

I never really liked WAR.  It always felt clunky to me.  I am in the Wrath of Heroes beta as well, and it's like an arena game.. but without the skill.  It feels very bad.

If you've ever played DotA on Warcraft 3 and liked it (or want to try something new), you could always give Heroes of Newerth / League of Legends a shot.  Not MMOs, but good games.  Each match takes anywhere from 20 minutes to about an hour, so it's not that unfriendly to a casual playstyle - though you will want to wear a thick skin before diving in.