Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why guys playing girls spook me off

1789101113»

Comments

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

*giggles*  What's the matter Schmoopiekins?  Too much wiggle and jiggle for you?  Tee hee!  *jiggles virtual boobs* *giggles*

In all honesty, even if you find a real girl playing a female character, when you go to meet them in person, this is what greets you at the door:

Kiss me, I'm Beeauuuutifulllll!

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

In MMO's I mostly play as a female toon, though sometimes male...but with Alt's, usually end up having some of each.

Being perfectly honest, I don't like playing for hours,mstaring at some strange male toon. I would prefer seeing a hot female one, because I personally prefer looking at women.

The expection to this rule is when a game let's me build a character that looks a lot like me, then I g with that, because it's me in the game now. Make any sense?

If I am not watching me on some grand adventure....then I wanna watch a female lead that, if I was in the game, I would want to ravage! Kidding, but you get the point.

The ones who really bother me are the players who start chatting me up in-game like they are picking someone up from a bar. They talk about how hot I am, offer me gifts, etc...I tell them immediately, 'Dude, am a dude...' and they get really put out...Seriously, man, wTF were you trying to do, gind a virtual girlfriend??

Too many people use these games as an escape from reality....I think these two points are related....sad, really.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• plaxidiaplaxidia Member UncommonPosts: 171

Originally posted by BartDaCat
    *giggles*  What's the matter Schmoopiekins?  Too much wiggle and jiggle for you?  Tee hee!  *jiggles virtual boobs* *giggles*
    In all honesty, even if you find a real girl playing a female character, when you go to meet them in person, this is what greets you at the door:image 

I've met several female gamers and no you are way off LOL.. Course none of my friends would ever invite a stranger they meet online to visit them.. ;)

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by plaxidia

Originally posted by BartDaCat

In all honesty, even if you find a real girl playing a female character, when you go to meet them in person, this is what greets you at the door:

I've met several female gamers and no you are way off LOL.. Course none of my friends would ever invite a stranger they meet online to visit them.. ;)

I kid, of course. ;)

I've gone to some E3 and PAX conventions, and I must say, the female population was for the most part, very attractive, and they were NOT the Booth Babes.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Same as OP I always feel that my chars are some extension of me so I have a hard time playing as a female char.

I have a story that relates.  I had a coworker who played MMO's non stop, a range of them.  Anytime I wanted to play with him he would make up some excuse or say he would then would never get together with me in game.  After a year or so of working there he left his laptop at work one day, opened, and logged into FFXI.  I wasn't really snooping or anything, but he had a female char and this guy was talking to him while he was afk like they were boyfriend/girlfriend.  I came to find out after a while that he would roll female chars in numerous games and take on like an alter ego where he completely acted like a girl, had romantic relationships with guys in games that spanned many months, and basically had a second life where he was a female.  It wasn't to get free loot.  It was to act like a girl and have intimate relations with men.

The weird thing is this guy doesn't come off gay in any way.  Always had some kind of real life girlfriend, etc.  I guess it was just a fetish.  After that though I just treat every char in game as a char in a game.  I don't care who rolls a female char as they are nice to populate the environment even if it is a guy acting like some ditsy girl it still enhances the environment.  Responsibility lies on each player to interact with people however they interact with people.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by Zaltark

I play females because I find them attractive. And they get more invites to guilds. No lie.

Not sure I would want to join a guild where the filtering criteria was whether my toon had a penis or not. Just say'n.

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

I don't know why does everyone asume gamer girls are always ugly. I know a few and they look fine and act normal.

On topic though, I hate creating female toons as my characters. I know most people including a few of my friends say " I don't want to stare at a guys ass all day!" when asked why are they playing a female while being male irl. I myself think it's weird and if I am going to be adventuring in some fantastic world then I should make the main hero in someway similar to myself. I don;t mean if I make an orc or a tauren that I am buff and/or green irl, it just means I would like to be an orc/tauren in that world.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

OP, no matter how many times I read the title of the thread it still reads to me as, 'Why guys playing girls spank me off'.

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by monarc333

Originally posted by headphones

Originally posted by monarc333

I find it a bit off. I dont know why. Never in my mmo life have I made a female. I do however have male friends that make femals toons exclusively. I wonder though, I never see women making male toons. Wonder why that is...

my wife does, because she doesn't like getting hassled by 12yr old boys.

I'll buy that. My wife got harrased in WoW a lot. But once we moved on from that game it died down a lot.

There are a lot of women playing male characters out there. You just don't hear about it because they don't go around telling people they're women. They dont go around telling people they're women because other players see a male character and dont give it a second though, unlike with female characters who tend to get hit on, harrassed, and white knighted when others hit on or harrass them.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

uuuh, this post is still alive?

kk, time to throw in a new theory:

guys who play with male chars are gay, real guys ONLY play with females!

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• DissolutionDissolution Member Posts: 210

I have played as male and female character before, I only prefer male characters because Isometimes playing a female character throws me off. Example:

* I get a bad pull and look for my "get me a beer" or "make me a turkey pot pie" feat and realize too late that it isnt there.
    * I zone into a dungeon and find an obseessive complusion to begin cleaning it
    * At zone bosses I begin to break down in tears and scream "why don't we ever talk anymore!"
    * When I find armor upgrades I turn to my wife and ask "does this make my character look fat?"
    * About three days out of every month I find that character ridiculously unplayable
    * I never have enough inventory to accomodate the amount of feet items I need to have

I kid....I kid

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I disagree. Usually I make atleast one male character. Then all female. Yus like harem anime.

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

Originally posted by dinams

here we go again

Expect:

"IF I NEED TO SEE AN ASS FOR HOURS AND HOURS...." cliche

That's not a cliche ... it's a fact :)

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

For me its so basic as "i am a male in real life, why not in the virtual one" and i never pretended to make the character look like me,  precisely all the opposite, i try to do the character  according to its class/race if im going to make a barbarian, then i will do a badass barbarian, same with mages, archers or wathever. and i never play female characters because i dont feel good controlling one, just as i said, i am male and i dont have any problem in reflecting it in a game. But if you ask me... let the people be wathever they want, but of course dont get pissed if someone stares at you and say something like "hello Girl!" if you are controlling a female toon, obvious as that.

• Goldenfrog35Goldenfrog35 Member Posts: 11

I like to play female toons from time to time because for some crazy reason some class's or even races seem to be better as one sex or the other.

Sex in any form and MMO's just do not cross for me. It's like Religion and MMO's, the subject matters just do not have anything to do with the others.

It's not that girl toons might be guys or guy toons might be girls...its that video games have nothing at all to do with real life or sex in any way.

I don't ask Mages how to fix my car because of how smart they are either! I don't ask the guild tank to come help me move my heavy fridge because I know how strong they are. I have never asked the group healer to fix my ingrown toenail either!

So I'm sure not going to ask that barbie doll rogue with the pretty smile if they want to meet my son for coffee because he would like a girl with great err pickpocket skills.

Real life and video games don't cross.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Thane

uuuh, this post is still alive?

kk, time to throw in a new theory:

guys who play with male chars are gay, real guys ONLY play with females!

+10 internetz.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Originally posted by Zaltark

I disagree. Usually I make atleast one male character. Then all female. Yus like Hermione.

fixed it for ya.  better not tell Ron Weasly.

I've got the straight edge.

• DissolutionDissolution Member Posts: 210

Originally posted by Goldenfrog35

So I'm sure not going to ask that barbie doll rogue with the pretty smile if they want to meet my son for coffee because he would like a girl with great err pickpocket skills.

Speaking of which.

If Barbie is so popular, why do we have to buy her friends? Hmmm?

Just sayin.