It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
This game has some serious issues for the more casual gamer (i.e. those not playing Clan War who spend a lot of time in public matches).
1. It is well known that several light tanks defy physics. They zoom around the maps like ferrari racers, stop or turn on a dime, and cause chaos for the defender. The maps are small so these guys can literally be attacking you from behind and killing your slower Tank Destroyers and Self Propelled guns before you can get your guns trained on them. "Suicide Scouting" is not realistic and ruins matches.
2. Matchmaker is deeply flawed. 7.2 is supposed to address some of the issues but I don't hold my breath. With a 5 tier spread you can be in a tier 5 tank facing tier 9 or 10 opponents who can 1-shot you. There is a lack of balance in this game.
3. National bias. US tanks are well known for being under powered (in terms of damage they can deal) in the higher tiers and are forced into a support role. German tanks are pretty aggressively nerfed in several ways. They catch fire all the time, suffer module damage in pretty much every match, and generally under perform what you would expect. France brings tanks and tech from the 1960s which completely borks the game for those in WWII tanks. USSR dominates in top tiers. Shock - its a Russian company after all.
4. Random Number Generator is flawed. It tends to get streaky in any given match such that you miss everytime or you hit everytime - especially with Self Propelled Guns. As others have stated - you can roll a miss at short range when the enemy completely fills your sights AND THATS WITH the server aimer turned on (CAPS-0) so this is not a lag issue.
5. Vision system has major issues - tanks will be visible one moment, cloaked the next, then show up within 100m of you. And no - tanks do not have Romulan cloaking devices. This is a well known issue which has been around for many months. And no - its not always lag. Happens to me and I have a very fast connection.
6. Matches will sometimes have as many as 12 SPGs (out of 30 players). We jokingly call these "arty parties" but there is nothing fun about it. These matches become camp outs for fear of moving out of cover and being 1-shot by an SPG.
7. Pay to Win does exist. Its all part of the game system. The game is setup so that higher tier tanks are very expensive to run (ammo, repairs, consumables needed to repain a tank or revive crew in a battle etc). It is easy enough to lose silver with high tier losses. To pay the bills you can either grind tier 5 or 6 matches in tanks known to generate decent silver returns OR you can buy a tier 8 premium tank and get all the benefit of a tier 8 without needing to grind to it. To make this work matchmaker must put you in matches where you can destroy lower tier tanks to earn silver and thus the 'pay to win' complaints within the game. Its not that a non-premium tier 8 couldn't do the same thing - its the fact someone spent real money ($30-50) for a virtual tier 8 tank in a F2P game to farm silver versus those who can't afford to and who muct grind to tier 8. Its a "earned" vs "bought" debate.
8. Due to #7 above the user population has become top heavy with more tier 7-10 tanks in matches than lower tiers. Matchmaker is not designed to make needed adjustments so your lower tier players (tier 4-6) are often in matches where they have limited usefulness and are easy kills. In game we talk about them as "cannon fodder" as their main purpose is to die to provide silver to the tier 8 premiums so those players can support their higher tier tank. This is making tier 4-6 a bit of a dead zone - you want to grind through it ASAP to get to tier 7 where you actually have a chance of contributing to a match.
9. "Stock" tanks treated same as elited tanks in game. You get the same matchmaker treatment in a Tiger with the starter gun, for example, as you do with the long 88 sniper cannon. This adds imbalance to the game and frustration. Grinding all the upgrades needed takes a lot of exp and all the while you are playing an inferior tank in matches.
10. More pay to win - buy gold for real $ and you can convert "free exp" from elited tanks to normal exp for any other tank. That helps address point #9 - grind is much faster and in fact you can start with a fully elite tank if you use enough free exp - buts its going to cost you real $.
There are many issues not even mentioned in the above but this should give you a picture of the problems.