Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deeply Flawed

cptndunselcptndunsel Orlando, FLMember Posts: 136 Uncommon

This game has some serious issues for the more casual gamer (i.e. those not playing Clan War who spend a lot of time in public matches).

1. It is well known that several light tanks defy physics.  They zoom around the maps like ferrari racers, stop or turn on a dime, and cause chaos for the defender.  The maps are small so these guys can literally be attacking you from behind and killing your slower Tank Destroyers and Self Propelled guns before you can get your guns trained on them.  "Suicide Scouting" is not realistic and ruins matches.

2. Matchmaker is deeply flawed.  7.2 is supposed to address some of the issues but I don't hold my breath.  With a 5 tier spread you can be in a tier 5 tank facing tier 9 or 10 opponents who can 1-shot you.  There is a lack of balance in this game.

3. National bias.  US tanks are well known for being under powered (in terms of damage they can deal) in the higher tiers and are forced into a support role.  German tanks are pretty aggressively nerfed in several ways.  They catch fire all the time, suffer module damage in pretty much every match, and generally under perform what you would expect.  France brings tanks and tech from the 1960s which completely borks the game for those in WWII tanks.  USSR dominates in top tiers.  Shock - its a Russian company after all.

4. Random Number Generator is flawed.  It tends to get streaky in any given match such that you miss everytime or you hit everytime - especially with Self Propelled Guns.  As others have stated - you can roll a miss at short range when the enemy completely fills your sights AND THATS WITH the server aimer turned on (CAPS-0) so this is not a lag issue.

5. Vision system has major issues - tanks will be visible one moment, cloaked the next, then show up within 100m of you.  And no - tanks do not have Romulan cloaking devices.  This is a well known issue which has been around for many months.  And no - its not always lag.  Happens to me and I have a very fast connection.

6. Matches will sometimes have as many as 12 SPGs (out of 30 players).  We jokingly call these "arty parties" but there is nothing fun about it.  These matches become camp outs for fear of moving out of cover and being 1-shot by an SPG.

7. Pay to Win does exist.  Its all part of the game system.  The game is setup so that higher tier tanks are very expensive to run (ammo, repairs, consumables needed to repain a tank or revive crew in a battle etc).  It is easy enough to lose silver with high tier losses.  To pay the bills you can either grind tier 5 or 6 matches in tanks known to generate decent silver returns OR you can buy a tier 8 premium tank and get all the benefit of a tier 8 without needing to grind to it.  To make this work matchmaker must put you in matches where you can destroy lower tier tanks to earn silver and thus the 'pay to win' complaints within the game.  Its not that a non-premium tier 8 couldn't do the same thing - its the fact someone spent real money ($30-50) for a virtual tier 8 tank in a F2P game to farm silver versus those who can't afford to and who muct grind to tier 8.  Its a "earned" vs "bought" debate.  

8. Due to #7 above the user population has become top heavy with more tier 7-10 tanks in matches than lower tiers.  Matchmaker is not designed to make needed adjustments so your lower tier players (tier 4-6) are often in matches where they have limited usefulness and are easy kills.  In game we talk about them as "cannon fodder" as their main purpose is to die to provide silver to the tier 8 premiums so those players can support their higher tier tank.  This is making tier 4-6 a bit of a dead zone - you want to grind through it ASAP to get to tier 7 where you actually have a chance of contributing to a match.

9. "Stock" tanks treated same as elited tanks in game.  You get the same matchmaker treatment in a Tiger with the starter gun, for example, as you do with the long 88 sniper cannon.  This adds imbalance to the game and frustration.  Grinding all the upgrades needed takes a lot of exp and all the while you are playing an inferior tank in matches.

10. More pay to win - buy gold for real $ and you can convert "free exp" from elited tanks to normal exp for any other tank.  That helps address point #9 - grind is much faster and in fact you can start with a fully elite tank if you use enough free exp - buts its going to cost you real $.

 

There are many issues not even mentioned in the above but this should give you a picture of the problems. 

Tagged:
«13

Comments

  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 1,930 Uncommon

    You already mentioned it, but it's worth mentioning again Tier 5-7 matchmaking is criminal and will stay that way until competition from similar games forces the developer to acknowledge MisMatchMaker.



    image

     

    Photo is typical battle of  Tier 6 medium T34-85 against Tier 9 tanks 80% of tanks in the battle can 1 shot me.

  • GrafbendaGrafbenda East Aurora, NYMember Posts: 51

    I love the game,

    12 arty games rarely happen, I could play a week and not see one.  Most matches have 1-3 arty pieces a side, some games dont have any.

     

    Try Steelbeasts if you want a more realistic tank sim

  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 1,930 Uncommon

    Forgot to add AFK players are a out of control, you'll battle many times short 1 -2 tanks.

  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta wallington, NJMember Posts: 2,136

    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

    Forgot to add AFK players are a out of control, you'll battle many times short 1 -2 tanks.

    This is a much over stated claim that does not bear out in my opinion.

     

     

  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 1,930 Uncommon

    Originally posted by Rokurgepta


    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Forgot to add AFK players are a out of control, you'll battle many times short 1 -2 tanks.

    This is a much over stated claim that does not bear out in my opinion.

     

     

    An over stated claim would be if my statement included absolute number values, it does not nor does your opinion change the FACT that there are tons of AFK players.

     

    I screenshot all AFK players BTW and have a WoT folder full of screenshots.image

     

    2 minutes in battle and 2 players still at spawn point, AFK or a great shooting position?

     

    Also if those tanks had connection issues their icon on the top left would have a grey background, they do not have a connenction issue, they are ingame and AFK.

     

    One example, you need more?  Ok?

     

    image

     

    Three minutes in and TD still at spawn point.  AFK or great shooting position across the map?

  • GrafbendaGrafbenda East Aurora, NYMember Posts: 51

    I don't see having an AFK player a major problem because:

    - A good player learns to overcome adversity, its not every match your down because of AFK players

    - It also can work in your favor too!  You might be on the team with everyone playing and they have the AFK player

    - With 15 players on a side its not a huge disadvantage

     

    Not a big deal and not something that is unique to WOT, you will have AFK peoeple in all sorts of games like MMO's and FPS's

  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 1,930 Uncommon

    Originally posted by Grafbenda

    I don't see having an AFK player a major problem because:
    - A good player learns to overcome adversity, its not every match your down because of AFK players
    - It also can work in your favor too!  You might be on the team with everyone playing and they have the AFK player
    - With 15 players on a side its not a huge disadvantage
     
    Not a big deal and not something that is unique to WOT, you will have AFK peoeple in all sorts of games like MMO's and FPS's

    Your reponse that AFK is not an "issue" is comical at best.

  • vorpal28vorpal28 UKMember Posts: 247 Uncommon

    I don't have an issue with AFk

     

    AFK = A Free KIll

  • GrafbendaGrafbenda East Aurora, NYMember Posts: 51

    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Originally posted by Grafbenda


    I don't see having an AFK player a major problem because:
    - A good player learns to overcome adversity, its not every match your down because of AFK players
    - It also can work in your favor too!  You might be on the team with everyone playing and they have the AFK player
    - With 15 players on a side its not a huge disadvantage
     
    Not a big deal and not something that is unique to WOT, you will have AFK peoeple in all sorts of games like MMO's and FPS's

    Your reponse that AFK is not an "issue" is comical at best.

    Well at least I made you chuckle :) anyways with matches moving along so fast...I think I have over 5k games played that the random AFker doesn't bother me greatly.  Yes it's annoying when it happens to you but that doesnt mean your going to lose, you just have to play smarter/better and sometimes its a free kill when you stumble upon one.

  • bestman22bestman22 live oak, FLMember Posts: 92 Uncommon

    7.2 didnt fix matchmaker at all... no change whatsoever and the 2 new maps introduced are the smallest maps yet... you can literally see across province map without moving from spawn point and high view range tanks make ambushing/shooting from cover impossible because you are playing in a fish bowl...

     

    live oaks is a little bigger but not a very good map still lake in center of the map... a railway on south side of map and  a city cross road on north side of map... can still drive across the entire map in less than 20 secs in one of the faster tanks (in my 50-2  I could drive the older maps in approx 45 seconds from one end to the other)

     

    I also say matchmaker isnt the only issue in the game... the maps themselves are an issue... you can go forever on same exact map if RNG hates you... I this morning when I finally gave up and uninstalled the game, got that new province map 6 times in a row... at 12 to 15 mins per battle (3 draws) it was completely a waste of my time and not fun at all.  The game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable.  Being 1 shot in a tier 5 by an IS4 isnt fun for either party (well its fun for the tier 9 the first couple of times then its a waste of 1k plus creds)

     

    And really all said and done its a shame... the game is fun, its well done, its addictive gameplay... the problem is its also frustrating in many senses, and designed that way.  Even once you get to tier 10  or 9 you still have the same frustrations that you had at lower tier... you get 1 shot, you get disabled and raped, you get killed by crap you never even were allowed to see, you get the same maps you hate over and over and over and may not see any of the maps you love or even like for a couple of days...

     

    This is also coming from a person with almost 7k games played 800 in the past month alone. I am an average player with 50% win rate, a couple hundred  of the end of battle awards (top gun, defender, invader, sniper and over 100 scout awards alone (bush scout ftw)), and like I said I am done, game uninstalled. I doubt you could tell me that I need to learn to play or give it a chance... been playing since 5/2011 almost a year, paying for premium tanks, premium account, doing free experience all to get to higher tiers... I dont enjoy the game any more for all that I put into it.

     

    Honestly if you want to have fun, dont go past tier 3 or 4... tier 1 you see max tier 2 tanks, tier 2 you see max tier 4 I think, tier 3 you see like tier 6 max, tier 4 goes to tier 7... dont think I ever saw a tier 8 while in a tier 4, unless you are in a tank WG designates as a scout (luch, a20 and such) those get much higher tiering. once you mistakenly step into a tier 5 boom, you are now content for all the tier 7 and ups, in a tier 5 tank you can see up to tier 9 tanks... have fun with that.

  • cptndunselcptndunsel Orlando, FLMember Posts: 136 Uncommon

    I too came back to give 7.2 a try.  Here are my observations.


    • WG did not address any of the user complaints.  Not a single one.  MM, vision system, ghost shells, tier spread, tier stacking (one side gets a larger # of a specific tier or gets a larger # of a specific tank than the opponent - I've been in tier 10 matches where their team had 5 tier 9 to our 2 or had 5 IS-3/IS-4 to maybe 1 for my team), etc

    • The 2 new maps are meh.  One, as previously commented, is a fishbowl where certain tanks are worthless, the other is a clone of an existing map added at 7.x with just a few changes.  Even the lake is in the same spot on the map with the same shape.

    • Increase to SPG earnings has brought higher # of SPGs back into matches - something the previous nerf was supposed to prevent - so a lot more "arty parties" which are a drag for tank drivers.  Especially with so many people having SU-51 these days (1 hit can do about 1800 dmg which will 1-shot most tanks... and this is a tier 6 SPG)

    • Dramatic nerf to credit earnings of tier 4-7 while raising repair costs.  For the first time ever - and with a premium account - I lost silver on 2 runs in my Tier 7 Panther due to very bad teams.  This will force players with high tier tanks to embrace yet more arty OR to buy premium tanks which can farm silver.  Clearly WG wants to disincent ppl from using tier 5 to earn silver as they had done - and get ppl to spend $30-50 for a tank.

    • By gifting a new tier 8 premium T34 to players who had purchased a normal tier 9 T34, and then replacing the old tier 9 with a new US tier 9 tank, WG has once again created a large bulge of players around Tier 8 and Tier 9.  This completely destroys the bell curve for determining which tier match you get when playing randoms.  Example - a tier 5 has a 5 tier spread and can get a tier 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 match.  In theory there should be a 20% chance for any given match that you get one of these.  In reality the entire thing in skewed right so you get tier 8 or 9 matches 80% of the time.  WG's software was coded with certain assumptions around player distribution which have long been bogus.  Result is - tier 4-7 really get shafted, placed in matches where they contribute little and are easily killed by higher tiers.  Where is the "fun" here?

    Instead of addressing user issues, complaints, and suggestions - WG gave us fancier explosions, 2 new meh maps, added to the bulge of tier 8-9 tanks, gave us nice little emblems in our garage that show how we are performing in each tank versus the general population, and changes the in-battle icon system a bit so you can more easily see what enemy tank you are facing and what health he is at.  The changes made are for the most part decent but to not address the game's flaws.


     


    7.3 is supposed to come out this month.  It makes adjustments to the USSR heavy tank tree.  Perhaps it will address some of the game problems but I doubt it.  So I have played my last game until 7.3


     


    Bottom line - WG is only interested in $ now and does not care about the player base.  Furthermore - WG is more interested in players who play Clan War (because to be competitive you need to buy gold ammo, gold consumables, etc. and you need to have gold tanks to earn silver in public matches to pay for your Clan War tanks) because these people spend real $.  Those of us not into Clan Wars who want to stay in public matches are SOL.

  • unclemounclemo ColoradoMember Posts: 454 Uncommon

    Originally posted by cptndunsel

    This game has some serious issues for the more casual gamer (i.e. those not playing Clan War who spend a lot of time in public matches).
    1. It is well known that several light tanks defy physics.  They zoom around the maps like ferrari racers, stop or turn on a dime, and cause chaos for the defender.  The maps are small so these guys can literally be attacking you from behind and killing your slower Tank Destroyers and Self Propelled guns before you can get your guns trained on them.  "Suicide Scouting" is not realistic and ruins matches.
    2. Matchmaker is deeply flawed.  7.2 is supposed to address some of the issues but I don't hold my breath.  With a 5 tier spread you can be in a tier 5 tank facing tier 9 or 10 opponents who can 1-shot you.  There is a lack of balance in this game.
    3. National bias.  US tanks are well known for being under powered (in terms of damage they can deal) in the higher tiers and are forced into a support role.  German tanks are pretty aggressively nerfed in several ways.  They catch fire all the time, suffer module damage in pretty much every match, and generally under perform what you would expect.  France brings tanks and tech from the 1960s which completely borks the game for those in WWII tanks.  USSR dominates in top tiers.  Shock - its a Russian company after all.
    4. Random Number Generator is flawed.  It tends to get streaky in any given match such that you miss everytime or you hit everytime - especially with Self Propelled Guns.  As others have stated - you can roll a miss at short range when the enemy completely fills your sights AND THATS WITH the server aimer turned on (CAPS-0) so this is not a lag issue.
    5. Vision system has major issues - tanks will be visible one moment, cloaked the next, then show up within 100m of you.  And no - tanks do not have Romulan cloaking devices.  This is a well known issue which has been around for many months.  And no - its not always lag.  Happens to me and I have a very fast connection.
    6. Matches will sometimes have as many as 12 SPGs (out of 30 players).  We jokingly call these "arty parties" but there is nothing fun about it.  These matches become camp outs for fear of moving out of cover and being 1-shot by an SPG.
    7. Pay to Win does exist.  Its all part of the game system.  The game is setup so that higher tier tanks are very expensive to run (ammo, repairs, consumables needed to repain a tank or revive crew in a battle etc).  It is easy enough to lose silver with high tier losses.  To pay the bills you can either grind tier 5 or 6 matches in tanks known to generate decent silver returns OR you can buy a tier 8 premium tank and get all the benefit of a tier 8 without needing to grind to it.  To make this work matchmaker must put you in matches where you can destroy lower tier tanks to earn silver and thus the 'pay to win' complaints within the game.  Its not that a non-premium tier 8 couldn't do the same thing - its the fact someone spent real money ($30-50) for a virtual tier 8 tank in a F2P game to farm silver versus those who can't afford to and who muct grind to tier 8.  Its a "earned" vs "bought" debate.  
    8. Due to #7 above the user population has become top heavy with more tier 7-10 tanks in matches than lower tiers.  Matchmaker is not designed to make needed adjustments so your lower tier players (tier 4-6) are often in matches where they have limited usefulness and are easy kills.  In game we talk about them as "cannon fodder" as their main purpose is to die to provide silver to the tier 8 premiums so those players can support their higher tier tank.  This is making tier 4-6 a bit of a dead zone - you want to grind through it ASAP to get to tier 7 where you actually have a chance of contributing to a match.
    9. "Stock" tanks treated same as elited tanks in game.  You get the same matchmaker treatment in a Tiger with the starter gun, for example, as you do with the long 88 sniper cannon.  This adds imbalance to the game and frustration.  Grinding all the upgrades needed takes a lot of exp and all the while you are playing an inferior tank in matches.
    10. More pay to win - buy gold for real $ and you can convert "free exp" from elited tanks to normal exp for any other tank.  That helps address point #9 - grind is much faster and in fact you can start with a fully elite tank if you use enough free exp - buts its going to cost you real $.
     
    There are many issues not even mentioned in the above but this should give you a picture of the problems. 

    Dude.  It's a game, not a sim.  There are some pay items, but they have counters.  I get critted all the time in my Type 59.  

    Get over yourself and go play Darkfall or something more 'hardcore'.  

  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta wallington, NJMember Posts: 2,136

    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Originally posted by Rokurgepta


    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

    Forgot to add AFK players are a out of control, you'll battle many times short 1 -2 tanks.

    This is a much over stated claim that does not bear out in my opinion.

     

     

    An over stated claim would be if my statement included absolute number values, it does not nor does your opinion change the FACT that there are tons of AFK players.

     

    I screenshot all AFK players BTW and have a WoT folder full of screenshots.image

     

    2 minutes in battle and 2 players still at spawn point, AFK or a great shooting position?

     

    Also if those tanks had connection issues their icon on the top left would have a grey background, they do not have a connenction issue, they are ingame and AFK.

     

    One example, you need more?  Ok?

     

    image

     

    Three minutes in and TD still at spawn point.  AFK or great shooting position across the map?

    Any statement that is used too often can be overstated. It does not require a number to be overused. Learn the difference.

     

    Also you claim it is my opinion yet your version is a fact, you need to learn the difference between facts and opinions, your claim is just like mine an OPINION.

     

    Your photos do nothing for me since I can not see the players names well enough to tell if anyone is greyed out. Also you can crash out of the game AFTER loading in, you do not have to go AFK on purpose to be considered AFK by the players who claim there is too much AFK. Sure you have a few here anbd there and it sucks to be short a player but the people saying it is some epidemic are the ones who I find comical. Such as yourself.

  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 1,930 Uncommon

    Originally posted by Rokurgepta


    Originally posted by MMOGamer71



    Originally posted by Rokurgepta



    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Forgot to add AFK players are a out of control, you'll battle many times short 1 -2 tanks.

    This is a much over stated claim that does not bear out in my opinion.

     

     

    An over stated claim would be if my statement included absolute number values, it does not nor does your opinion change the FACT that there are tons of AFK players.

     

    I screenshot all AFK players BTW and have a WoT folder full of screenshots.image

     

    2 minutes in battle and 2 players still at spawn point, AFK or a great shooting position?

     

    Also if those tanks had connection issues their icon on the top left would have a grey background, they do not have a connenction issue, they are ingame and AFK.

     

    One example, you need more?  Ok?

     

    image

     

    Three minutes in and TD still at spawn point.  AFK or great shooting position across the map?

    Any statement that is used too often can be overstated. It does not require a number to be overused. Learn the difference.

     

    Also you claim it is my opinion yet your version is a fact, you need to learn the difference between facts and opinions, your claim is just like mine an OPINION.

     

    Your photos do nothing for me since I can not see the players names well enough to tell if anyone is greyed out. Also you can crash out of the game AFTER loading in, you do not have to go AFK on purpose to be considered AFK by the players who claim there is too much AFK. Sure you have a few here anbd there and it sucks to be short a player but the people saying it is some epidemic are the ones who I find comical. Such as yourself.

     

    Yes  !!

     

    Personal attacks when posting PICTURES that prove the issue being made.

     

    "A picture is worth a thousand words"

     

    Noone is greyed out they are AFK on my team, also the opposite team has one greyed out, which is clear as day to see.

    Quit using "game crashed" or "real life siutation" as an excuse for players AFK.

     

    BTW your post offered nothing, mine offered screenshots as evidence.

     

    [Mod Edit]

  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 1,930 Uncommon

    Originally posted by cptndunsel

    I too came back to give 7.2 a try.  Here are my observations.


    WG did not address any of the user complaints.  Not a single one.  MM, vision system, ghost shells, tier spread, tier stacking (one side gets a larger # of a specific tier or gets a larger # of a specific tank than the opponent - I've been in tier 10 matches where their team had 5 tier 9 to our 2 or had 5 IS-3/IS-4 to maybe 1 for my team), etc

    The 2 new maps are meh.  One, as previously commented, is a fishbowl where certain tanks are worthless, the other is a clone of an existing map added at 7.x with just a few changes.  Even the lake is in the same spot on the map with the same shape.

    Increase to SPG earnings has brought higher # of SPGs back into matches - something the previous nerf was supposed to prevent - so a lot more "arty parties" which are a drag for tank drivers.  Especially with so many people having SU-51 these days (1 hit can do about 1800 dmg which will 1-shot most tanks... and this is a tier 6 SPG)

    Dramatic nerf to credit earnings of tier 4-7 while raising repair costs.  For the first time ever - and with a premium account - I lost silver on 2 runs in my Tier 7 Panther due to very bad teams.  This will force players with high tier tanks to embrace yet more arty OR to buy premium tanks which can farm silver.  Clearly WG wants to disincent ppl from using tier 5 to earn silver as they had done - and get ppl to spend $30-50 for a tank.

    By gifting a new tier 8 premium T34 to players who had purchased a normal tier 9 T34, and then replacing the old tier 9 with a new US tier 9 tank, WG has once again created a large bulge of players around Tier 8 and Tier 9.  This completely destroys the bell curve for determining which tier match you get when playing randoms.  Example - a tier 5 has a 5 tier spread and can get a tier 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 match.  In theory there should be a 20% chance for any given match that you get one of these.  In reality the entire thing in skewed right so you get tier 8 or 9 matches 80% of the time.  WG's software was coded with certain assumptions around player distribution which have long been bogus.  Result is - tier 4-7 really get shafted, placed in matches where they contribute little and are easily killed by higher tiers.  Where is the "fun" here?


    Instead of addressing user issues, complaints, and suggestions - WG gave us fancier explosions, 2 new meh maps, added to the bulge of tier 8-9 tanks, gave us nice little emblems in our garage that show how we are performing in each tank versus the general population, and changes the in-battle icon system a bit so you can more easily see what enemy tank you are facing and what health he is at.  The changes made are for the most part decent but to not address the game's flaws.

     

    7.3 is supposed to come out this month.  It makes adjustments to the USSR heavy tank tree.  Perhaps it will address some of the game problems but I doubt it.  So I have played my last game until 7.3

     

    Bottom line - WG is only interested in $ now and does not care about the player base.  Furthermore - WG is more interested in players who play Clan War (because to be competitive you need to buy gold ammo, gold consumables, etc. and you need to have gold tanks to earn silver in public matches to pay for your Clan War tanks) because these people spend real $.  Those of us not into Clan Wars who want to stay in public matches are SOL.

    I would also mention that the amount of module damaging criticals including more than one on a shot is way up.

    The way to "fix" all module damage at once is with an item that costs gold, which is real life real life $$$.

  • apocolusterapocoluster newport news, VAMember Posts: 1,326 Uncommon

        I think the game is fine personally, but Im not scared to break out my wallet and beat my opponents with it..

    Wap Wap Wap that's sound of my wallet on you ego

     

      lol all trolling aside, the game is fine.  As you and I have metioned the way out of the frustration is to open your wallet and buy your way out.  If you dont want too..well you deserve what you get.  TANSTAAFL

    No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta wallington, NJMember Posts: 2,136

    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Originally posted by Rokurgepta


    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Originally posted by Rokurgepta


    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

    Forgot to add AFK players are a out of control, you'll battle many times short 1 -2 tanks.

    This is a much over stated claim that does not bear out in my opinion.

     

     

    An over stated claim would be if my statement included absolute number values, it does not nor does your opinion change the FACT that there are tons of AFK players.

     

    I screenshot all AFK players BTW and have a WoT folder full of screenshots.image

     

    2 minutes in battle and 2 players still at spawn point, AFK or a great shooting position?

     

    Also if those tanks had connection issues their icon on the top left would have a grey background, they do not have a connenction issue, they are ingame and AFK.

     

    One example, you need more?  Ok?

     

    image

     

    Three minutes in and TD still at spawn point.  AFK or great shooting position across the map?

    Any statement that is used too often can be overstated. It does not require a number to be overused. Learn the difference.

     

    Also you claim it is my opinion yet your version is a fact, you need to learn the difference between facts and opinions, your claim is just like mine an OPINION.

     

    Your photos do nothing for me since I can not see the players names well enough to tell if anyone is greyed out. Also you can crash out of the game AFTER loading in, you do not have to go AFK on purpose to be considered AFK by the players who claim there is too much AFK. Sure you have a few here anbd there and it sucks to be short a player but the people saying it is some epidemic are the ones who I find comical. Such as yourself.

     

    Yes  !!

     

    Personal attacks when posting PICTURES that prove the issue being made.

     

    "A picture is worth a thousand words"

     

    Noone is greyed out they are AFK on my team, also the opposite team has one greyed out, which is clear as day to see.

    Quit using "game crashed" or "real life siutation" as an excuse for players AFK.

     

    BTW your post offered nothing, mine offered screenshots as evidence.

     

    Just go away.

    Personal attack because I said your picture is hard to see if any name is gray? Relax a little.

     

    Your evidence is just a small sample. I play every day and thew number of times I have seen a tank that was in game and then went AFK is minimal at best.

     

    Yes when someone goes AFK it sucks and the people who do it on purpose hurt the team, but you are making it out to be an epidemic and that is simplt false.

     

    Again you do not understand that you can get in game and then crash. It happens all the time to people. This game is not that stable. It has issues.

     

    Are there people who go AFK on purpose? Of course there is. Are they as big a problem as you claim? Nope.

  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta wallington, NJMember Posts: 2,136

    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Originally posted by cptndunsel

    I too came back to give 7.2 a try.  Here are my observations.


    WG did not address any of the user complaints.  Not a single one.  MM, vision system, ghost shells, tier spread, tier stacking (one side gets a larger # of a specific tier or gets a larger # of a specific tank than the opponent - I've been in tier 10 matches where their team had 5 tier 9 to our 2 or had 5 IS-3/IS-4 to maybe 1 for my team), etc

    The 2 new maps are meh.  One, as previously commented, is a fishbowl where certain tanks are worthless, the other is a clone of an existing map added at 7.x with just a few changes.  Even the lake is in the same spot on the map with the same shape.

    Increase to SPG earnings has brought higher # of SPGs back into matches - something the previous nerf was supposed to prevent - so a lot more "arty parties" which are a drag for tank drivers.  Especially with so many people having SU-51 these days (1 hit can do about 1800 dmg which will 1-shot most tanks... and this is a tier 6 SPG)

    Dramatic nerf to credit earnings of tier 4-7 while raising repair costs.  For the first time ever - and with a premium account - I lost silver on 2 runs in my Tier 7 Panther due to very bad teams.  This will force players with high tier tanks to embrace yet more arty OR to buy premium tanks which can farm silver.  Clearly WG wants to disincent ppl from using tier 5 to earn silver as they had done - and get ppl to spend $30-50 for a tank.

    By gifting a new tier 8 premium T34 to players who had purchased a normal tier 9 T34, and then replacing the old tier 9 with a new US tier 9 tank, WG has once again created a large bulge of players around Tier 8 and Tier 9.  This completely destroys the bell curve for determining which tier match you get when playing randoms.  Example - a tier 5 has a 5 tier spread and can get a tier 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 match.  In theory there should be a 20% chance for any given match that you get one of these.  In reality the entire thing in skewed right so you get tier 8 or 9 matches 80% of the time.  WG's software was coded with certain assumptions around player distribution which have long been bogus.  Result is - tier 4-7 really get shafted, placed in matches where they contribute little and are easily killed by higher tiers.  Where is the "fun" here?


    Instead of addressing user issues, complaints, and suggestions - WG gave us fancier explosions, 2 new meh maps, added to the bulge of tier 8-9 tanks, gave us nice little emblems in our garage that show how we are performing in each tank versus the general population, and changes the in-battle icon system a bit so you can more easily see what enemy tank you are facing and what health he is at.  The changes made are for the most part decent but to not address the game's flaws.

     

    7.3 is supposed to come out this month.  It makes adjustments to the USSR heavy tank tree.  Perhaps it will address some of the game problems but I doubt it.  So I have played my last game until 7.3

     

    Bottom line - WG is only interested in $ now and does not care about the player base.  Furthermore - WG is more interested in players who play Clan War (because to be competitive you need to buy gold ammo, gold consumables, etc. and you need to have gold tanks to earn silver in public matches to pay for your Clan War tanks) because these people spend real $.  Those of us not into Clan Wars who want to stay in public matches are SOL.

    I would also mention that the amount of module damaging criticals including more than one on a shot is way up.

    The way to "fix" all module damage at once is with an item that costs gold, which is real life real life $$$.

    This is also an opinion and not a fact. I have not seen a difference in module damage since the update.

  • Vitalis55Vitalis55 Austin, TXMember Posts: 34

    This is the current WoT, if it's what you consider fun then go for it:

    Everyone and their dog knows about the MM problem. WG has no intention of changing it but likes to try and make you think they care. Case in point. Recently they had a new forum moderator create yet a new MM thread after the 7.2 release to get feedback and hear our concerns. This is nothing less than insulting and a slap in the player's faces. As if the countless complaints and suggestions were not enough. Serious players that really care about the game have put in a lot of effort to provide real solutions to the MM for quite some time. Then WG has the audacity to start a new MM concern thread after 7.2 as if they have never received any player feedback.

    It is plain and simple a smokescreen to try and mask the fact that MM sucks huge monkey nutts. They stated back before 7.1 that MM changes would happen in 7.2 and nothing at all changed with no word from them regarding why. Well, they don't to say anything since it's their game but it's a clear indication that they have no respect for their players concerns when it comes to the major complaints about the game. Yeah they fix a few bugs now and then but nothing that has improved the overall quality of gameplay.

     

    Next item.

     

    A few patches ago they changed it so that tanks would not get tracked so much. One of the rare major complaints they actually did something about. Supposedly.  So what did they do with 7.2? They added in some new skills, one of which increases the chance to damage tank modules. The result of this is twofold. It has reverted the tank tracking occurrence back to the way it was and has increased the number of shots that hit but do no damage. The shot may hurt or kill a crew member which decreases the effectiveness of the tank which is fine except for one thing. Those shots that penetrate do no damage and damage is what is calculated to earn xp and credits. So you can penetrate tanks many times and get no real reward for it other than some satisfaction that you damaged a module or crew. Little consolation since we are grinding these battles to earn xp and credits.

     

    And speaking of penetration. There was for a long time complaints about getting "critical hits" on tanks but not doing damage. So what does WG do? They change the in-game voice message from "Critical HIt!" to "Penetration!".  So we are all elated now that they fixed the non-damge, non-xp/credit earning hits with a new voice message. That is the current WoT.

     

    They seem to be getting desparate to try and create the appearance of improving the game by adding some new skills in 7.2. Tests have been made on these new skills by serious players and have concluded that most of them don't really do much. And at least one of them is reaching into the fantasy world by letting you know when you have been spotted by a tank. Funny but I don't recall any technology from WW2 (or since) that could radar out and sense when your tank was spotted.  It's just plain goofy.

     

    Some of this is my opinion but most of it is fact and the part that is opinion is based on a LOT of games played on a LOT of different tanks and is shared by a huge majority of the players that make their opinions known. Now I know there will be those that say I'm full of it and that the game is fine. But then WoT could put some wheels on a turd and mount a popgun on it and they would be happy with that also. The bottom line is that WG should make some effort to address the major complaints of the players and they don't. World of Tanks has become World of Greed and as long as there are enough players with money to burn that don't care about game improvement then they won't change it.

     

    A final note about the play to win notion. The only real part of the game that could be considered PtW is gold ammo. You buy it with cash and will basically 1 or 2-shot most any tank near your tier. Mainly it is used in clan wars but there are a few that will use it public matches. It's a crutch to substitute for lack of skill and to satisfy some epeen ego. I've even seen a few boast about using it in tier 2 tanks. Go figure.

     

     So go play it and have fun if you can but when you hit tier five don't say we didn't warn you. If you like playing against tanks 2 to 3 tiers higher than you in most of your middle tier matches,  if you like half of your shots not doing any damage and not earning xp or credits, and if you like geting tracked almost every match, then go for it.

     

    WG will be laughing all the way to the bank.

  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 1,930 Uncommon

    Originally posted by Rokurgepta


    Originally posted by MMOGamer71



    Originally posted by cptndunsel


    I too came back to give 7.2 a try.  Here are my observations.


    WG did not address any of the user complaints.  Not a single one.  MM, vision system, ghost shells, tier spread, tier stacking (one side gets a larger # of a specific tier or gets a larger # of a specific tank than the opponent - I've been in tier 10 matches where their team had 5 tier 9 to our 2 or had 5 IS-3/IS-4 to maybe 1 for my team), etc

    The 2 new maps are meh.  One, as previously commented, is a fishbowl where certain tanks are worthless, the other is a clone of an existing map added at 7.x with just a few changes.  Even the lake is in the same spot on the map with the same shape.

    Increase to SPG earnings has brought higher # of SPGs back into matches - something the previous nerf was supposed to prevent - so a lot more "arty parties" which are a drag for tank drivers.  Especially with so many people having SU-51 these days (1 hit can do about 1800 dmg which will 1-shot most tanks... and this is a tier 6 SPG)

    Dramatic nerf to credit earnings of tier 4-7 while raising repair costs.  For the first time ever - and with a premium account - I lost silver on 2 runs in my Tier 7 Panther due to very bad teams.  This will force players with high tier tanks to embrace yet more arty OR to buy premium tanks which can farm silver.  Clearly WG wants to disincent ppl from using tier 5 to earn silver as they had done - and get ppl to spend $30-50 for a tank.

    By gifting a new tier 8 premium T34 to players who had purchased a normal tier 9 T34, and then replacing the old tier 9 with a new US tier 9 tank, WG has once again created a large bulge of players around Tier 8 and Tier 9.  This completely destroys the bell curve for determining which tier match you get when playing randoms.  Example - a tier 5 has a 5 tier spread and can get a tier 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 match.  In theory there should be a 20% chance for any given match that you get one of these.  In reality the entire thing in skewed right so you get tier 8 or 9 matches 80% of the time.  WG's software was coded with certain assumptions around player distribution which have long been bogus.  Result is - tier 4-7 really get shafted, placed in matches where they contribute little and are easily killed by higher tiers.  Where is the "fun" here?


    Instead of addressing user issues, complaints, and suggestions - WG gave us fancier explosions, 2 new meh maps, added to the bulge of tier 8-9 tanks, gave us nice little emblems in our garage that show how we are performing in each tank versus the general population, and changes the in-battle icon system a bit so you can more easily see what enemy tank you are facing and what health he is at.  The changes made are for the most part decent but to not address the game's flaws.

     

    7.3 is supposed to come out this month.  It makes adjustments to the USSR heavy tank tree.  Perhaps it will address some of the game problems but I doubt it.  So I have played my last game until 7.3

     

    Bottom line - WG is only interested in $ now and does not care about the player base.  Furthermore - WG is more interested in players who play Clan War (because to be competitive you need to buy gold ammo, gold consumables, etc. and you need to have gold tanks to earn silver in public matches to pay for your Clan War tanks) because these people spend real $.  Those of us not into Clan Wars who want to stay in public matches are SOL.

    I would also mention that the amount of module damaging criticals including more than one on a shot is way up.

    The way to "fix" all module damage at once is with an item that costs gold, which is real life real life $$$.

    This is also an opinion and not a fact. I have not seen a difference in module damage since the update.

    Honestly what game are you playing?

     

    Arguing that something did/didn't happen because you can't prove it did/didn't happen is an argument falicy, Google it, also you failed to mention there is a new crew skill that detects enemy critical module damage.

     

    Hmmmmmmmmmm?

     

    Ironic?

     

    Or just read the the official forums where there is a "stickied" thread dealing with it, believe it's called "Zero damage criticals"

  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta wallington, NJMember Posts: 2,136

    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Originally posted by Rokurgepta


    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Originally posted by cptndunsel

    I too came back to give 7.2 a try.  Here are my observations.


    WG did not address any of the user complaints.  Not a single one.  MM, vision system, ghost shells, tier spread, tier stacking (one side gets a larger # of a specific tier or gets a larger # of a specific tank than the opponent - I've been in tier 10 matches where their team had 5 tier 9 to our 2 or had 5 IS-3/IS-4 to maybe 1 for my team), etc

    The 2 new maps are meh.  One, as previously commented, is a fishbowl where certain tanks are worthless, the other is a clone of an existing map added at 7.x with just a few changes.  Even the lake is in the same spot on the map with the same shape.

    Increase to SPG earnings has brought higher # of SPGs back into matches - something the previous nerf was supposed to prevent - so a lot more "arty parties" which are a drag for tank drivers.  Especially with so many people having SU-51 these days (1 hit can do about 1800 dmg which will 1-shot most tanks... and this is a tier 6 SPG)

    Dramatic nerf to credit earnings of tier 4-7 while raising repair costs.  For the first time ever - and with a premium account - I lost silver on 2 runs in my Tier 7 Panther due to very bad teams.  This will force players with high tier tanks to embrace yet more arty OR to buy premium tanks which can farm silver.  Clearly WG wants to disincent ppl from using tier 5 to earn silver as they had done - and get ppl to spend $30-50 for a tank.

    By gifting a new tier 8 premium T34 to players who had purchased a normal tier 9 T34, and then replacing the old tier 9 with a new US tier 9 tank, WG has once again created a large bulge of players around Tier 8 and Tier 9.  This completely destroys the bell curve for determining which tier match you get when playing randoms.  Example - a tier 5 has a 5 tier spread and can get a tier 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 match.  In theory there should be a 20% chance for any given match that you get one of these.  In reality the entire thing in skewed right so you get tier 8 or 9 matches 80% of the time.  WG's software was coded with certain assumptions around player distribution which have long been bogus.  Result is - tier 4-7 really get shafted, placed in matches where they contribute little and are easily killed by higher tiers.  Where is the "fun" here?


    Instead of addressing user issues, complaints, and suggestions - WG gave us fancier explosions, 2 new meh maps, added to the bulge of tier 8-9 tanks, gave us nice little emblems in our garage that show how we are performing in each tank versus the general population, and changes the in-battle icon system a bit so you can more easily see what enemy tank you are facing and what health he is at.  The changes made are for the most part decent but to not address the game's flaws.

     

    7.3 is supposed to come out this month.  It makes adjustments to the USSR heavy tank tree.  Perhaps it will address some of the game problems but I doubt it.  So I have played my last game until 7.3

     

    Bottom line - WG is only interested in $ now and does not care about the player base.  Furthermore - WG is more interested in players who play Clan War (because to be competitive you need to buy gold ammo, gold consumables, etc. and you need to have gold tanks to earn silver in public matches to pay for your Clan War tanks) because these people spend real $.  Those of us not into Clan Wars who want to stay in public matches are SOL.

    I would also mention that the amount of module damaging criticals including more than one on a shot is way up.

    The way to "fix" all module damage at once is with an item that costs gold, which is real life real life $$$.

    This is also an opinion and not a fact. I have not seen a difference in module damage since the update.

    Honestly what game are you playing?

     

    Arguing that something did/didn't happen because you can't prove it did/didn't happen is an argument falicy, Google it, also you failed to mention there is a new crew skill that detects enemy critical module damage.

     

    Hmmmmmmmmmm?

     

    Ironic?

     

    Or just read the the official forums where there is a "stickied" thread dealing with it, believe it's called "Zero damage criticals"

    Zero damage criticals have been a problem since I started. This update did not introduce that. What happened though is this update changed the message you get. You used to hear a comment about critical hit from your crew, now you get a message about penewtration that instead does no damage.

     

    I play the game you claim you play, only I do not see everything through the glasses you wear that makes WG out to get you.

     

    There is also a new crew skill that causes more critical hits, but proving it works has been up for debate.

     

    Also your own claims would qualify as an argument fallacy, since you are claiming what you can not prove. Google it.

     

  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta wallington, NJMember Posts: 2,136

    Originally posted by Vitalis55

    This is the current WoT, if it's what you consider fun then go for it:
    Everyone and their dog knows about the MM problem. WG has no intention of changing it but likes to try and make you think they care. Case in point. Recently they had a new forum moderator create yet a new MM thread after the 7.2 release to get feedback and hear our concerns. This is nothing less than insulting and a slap in the player's faces. As if the countless complaints and suggestions were not enough. Serious players that really care about the game have put in a lot of effort to provide real solutions to the MM for quite some time. Then WG has the audacity to start a new MM concern thread after 7.2 as if they have never received any player feedback.
    It is plain and simple a smokescreen to try and mask the fact that MM sucks huge monkey nutts. They stated back before 7.1 that MM changes would happen in 7.2 and nothing at all changed with no word from them regarding why. Well, they don't to say anything since it's their game but it's a clear indication that they have no respect for their players concerns when it comes to the major complaints about the game. Yeah they fix a few bugs now and then but nothing that has improved the overall quality of gameplay.
     
    Next item.
     
    A few patches ago they changed it so that tanks would not get tracked so much. One of the rare major complaints they actually did something about. Supposedly.  So what did they do with 7.2? They added in some new skills, one of which increases the chance to damage tank modules. The result of this is twofold. It has reverted the tank tracking occurrence back to the way it was and has increased the number of shots that hit but do no damage. The shot may hurt or kill a crew member which decreases the effectiveness of the tank which is fine except for one thing. Those shots that penetrate do no damage and damage is what is calculated to earn xp and credits. So you can penetrate tanks many times and get no real reward for it other than some satisfaction that you damaged a module or crew. Little consolation since we are grinding these battles to earn xp and credits.
     
    And speaking of penetration. There was for a long time complaints about getting "critical hits" on tanks but doing damage. So what does WG do? They change the in-game voice message from "Critical HIt!" to "Penetration!".  So we are all elated now that they fixed the non-damge, non-xp/credit earning hits with a new voice message. That is the current WoT.
     
    They seem to be getting desparate to try and create the appearance of improving the game by adding some new skills in 7.2. Tests have been made on these new skills by serious players and have concluded that most of them don't really do much. And at least one of them is reaching into the fantasy world by letting you know when you have been spotted by a tank. Funny but I don't recall any technology from WW2 (or since) that could radar out and sense when your tank was spotted.  It's just plain goofy.
     
    Some of this is my opinion but most of it is fact and the part that is opinion is based on a LOT of games played on a LOT of different tanks and is shared by a huge majority of the players that make their opinions known. Now I know there will be those that say I'm full of it and that the game is fine. But then WoT could put some wheels on a turd and mount a popgun on it and they would be happy with that also. The bottom line is that WG should make some effort to address the major complaints of the players and they don't. World of Tanks has become World of Greed and as long as there are enough players with money to burn that don't care about game improvement then they won't change it.
     
    A final note about the play to win notion. The only real part of the game that could be considered PtW is gold ammo. You buy it with cash and will basically 1 or 2-shot most any tank near your tier. Mainly it is used in clan wars but there are a few that will use it public matches. It's a crutch to substitute for lack of skill and to satisfy some epeen ego. I've even seen a few boast about using it in tier 2 tanks. Go figure.
     
     So go play it and have fun if you can but when you hit tier five don't say we didn't warn you. If you like playing against tanks 2 to 3 tiers higher than you in most of your middle tier matches,  if you like half of your shots not doing any damage and not earning xp or credits, and if you like geting tracked almost every match, then go for it.
     
    WG will be laughing all the way to the bank.

    The game has flaws. The game is still fun. I dont mind playing against higher tiers. I also am not playing to grind EXP and creditsa. I am playing to try and win each match.

  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 1,930 Uncommon

    Originally posted by Rokurgepta


    Originally posted by MMOGamer71



    Originally posted by Rokurgepta



    Originally posted by MMOGamer71



    Originally posted by cptndunsel


    I too came back to give 7.2 a try.  Here are my observations.


    WG did not address any of the user complaints.  Not a single one.  MM, vision system, ghost shells, tier spread, tier stacking (one side gets a larger # of a specific tier or gets a larger # of a specific tank than the opponent - I've been in tier 10 matches where their team had 5 tier 9 to our 2 or had 5 IS-3/IS-4 to maybe 1 for my team), etc

    The 2 new maps are meh.  One, as previously commented, is a fishbowl where certain tanks are worthless, the other is a clone of an existing map added at 7.x with just a few changes.  Even the lake is in the same spot on the map with the same shape.

    Increase to SPG earnings has brought higher # of SPGs back into matches - something the previous nerf was supposed to prevent - so a lot more "arty parties" which are a drag for tank drivers.  Especially with so many people having SU-51 these days (1 hit can do about 1800 dmg which will 1-shot most tanks... and this is a tier 6 SPG)

    Dramatic nerf to credit earnings of tier 4-7 while raising repair costs.  For the first time ever - and with a premium account - I lost silver on 2 runs in my Tier 7 Panther due to very bad teams.  This will force players with high tier tanks to embrace yet more arty OR to buy premium tanks which can farm silver.  Clearly WG wants to disincent ppl from using tier 5 to earn silver as they had done - and get ppl to spend $30-50 for a tank.

    By gifting a new tier 8 premium T34 to players who had purchased a normal tier 9 T34, and then replacing the old tier 9 with a new US tier 9 tank, WG has once again created a large bulge of players around Tier 8 and Tier 9.  This completely destroys the bell curve for determining which tier match you get when playing randoms.  Example - a tier 5 has a 5 tier spread and can get a tier 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 match.  In theory there should be a 20% chance for any given match that you get one of these.  In reality the entire thing in skewed right so you get tier 8 or 9 matches 80% of the time.  WG's software was coded with certain assumptions around player distribution which have long been bogus.  Result is - tier 4-7 really get shafted, placed in matches where they contribute little and are easily killed by higher tiers.  Where is the "fun" here?


    Instead of addressing user issues, complaints, and suggestions - WG gave us fancier explosions, 2 new meh maps, added to the bulge of tier 8-9 tanks, gave us nice little emblems in our garage that show how we are performing in each tank versus the general population, and changes the in-battle icon system a bit so you can more easily see what enemy tank you are facing and what health he is at.  The changes made are for the most part decent but to not address the game's flaws.

     

    7.3 is supposed to come out this month.  It makes adjustments to the USSR heavy tank tree.  Perhaps it will address some of the game problems but I doubt it.  So I have played my last game until 7.3

     

    Bottom line - WG is only interested in $ now and does not care about the player base.  Furthermore - WG is more interested in players who play Clan War (because to be competitive you need to buy gold ammo, gold consumables, etc. and you need to have gold tanks to earn silver in public matches to pay for your Clan War tanks) because these people spend real $.  Those of us not into Clan Wars who want to stay in public matches are SOL.

    I would also mention that the amount of module damaging criticals including more than one on a shot is way up.

    The way to "fix" all module damage at once is with an item that costs gold, which is real life real life $$$.

    This is also an opinion and not a fact. I have not seen a difference in module damage since the update.

    Honestly what game are you playing?

     

    Arguing that something did/didn't happen because you can't prove it did/didn't happen is an argument falicy, Google it, also you failed to mention there is a new crew skill that detects enemy critical module damage.

     

    Hmmmmmmmmmm?

     

    Ironic?

     

    Or just read the the official forums where there is a "stickied" thread dealing with it, believe it's called "Zero damage criticals"

    Zero damage criticals have been a problem since I started. This update did not introduce that. What happened though is this update changed the message you get. You used to hear a comment about critical hit from your crew, now you get a message about penewtration that instead does no damage.

     

    I play the game you claim you play, only I do not see everything through the glasses you wear that makes WG out to get you.

     

    There is also a new crew skill that causes more critical hits, but proving it works has been up for debate.

     

    Also your own claims would qualify as an argument fallacy, since you are claiming what you can not prove. Google it.

     

    /gasp

    /amazing

     

    Thanks for making the point of increased criticals with mentioning the new skill that you walked into.

     

    You made my point as my point was increased criticals in game.

  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta wallington, NJMember Posts: 2,136

    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Originally posted by Rokurgepta


    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Originally posted by Rokurgepta


    Originally posted by MMOGamer71


    Originally posted by cptndunsel

    I too came back to give 7.2 a try.  Here are my observations.


    WG did not address any of the user complaints.  Not a single one.  MM, vision system, ghost shells, tier spread, tier stacking (one side gets a larger # of a specific tier or gets a larger # of a specific tank than the opponent - I've been in tier 10 matches where their team had 5 tier 9 to our 2 or had 5 IS-3/IS-4 to maybe 1 for my team), etc

    The 2 new maps are meh.  One, as previously commented, is a fishbowl where certain tanks are worthless, the other is a clone of an existing map added at 7.x with just a few changes.  Even the lake is in the same spot on the map with the same shape.

    Increase to SPG earnings has brought higher # of SPGs back into matches - something the previous nerf was supposed to prevent - so a lot more "arty parties" which are a drag for tank drivers.  Especially with so many people having SU-51 these days (1 hit can do about 1800 dmg which will 1-shot most tanks... and this is a tier 6 SPG)

    Dramatic nerf to credit earnings of tier 4-7 while raising repair costs.  For the first time ever - and with a premium account - I lost silver on 2 runs in my Tier 7 Panther due to very bad teams.  This will force players with high tier tanks to embrace yet more arty OR to buy premium tanks which can farm silver.  Clearly WG wants to disincent ppl from using tier 5 to earn silver as they had done - and get ppl to spend $30-50 for a tank.

    By gifting a new tier 8 premium T34 to players who had purchased a normal tier 9 T34, and then replacing the old tier 9 with a new US tier 9 tank, WG has once again created a large bulge of players around Tier 8 and Tier 9.  This completely destroys the bell curve for determining which tier match you get when playing randoms.  Example - a tier 5 has a 5 tier spread and can get a tier 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 match.  In theory there should be a 20% chance for any given match that you get one of these.  In reality the entire thing in skewed right so you get tier 8 or 9 matches 80% of the time.  WG's software was coded with certain assumptions around player distribution which have long been bogus.  Result is - tier 4-7 really get shafted, placed in matches where they contribute little and are easily killed by higher tiers.  Where is the "fun" here?


    Instead of addressing user issues, complaints, and suggestions - WG gave us fancier explosions, 2 new meh maps, added to the bulge of tier 8-9 tanks, gave us nice little emblems in our garage that show how we are performing in each tank versus the general population, and changes the in-battle icon system a bit so you can more easily see what enemy tank you are facing and what health he is at.  The changes made are for the most part decent but to not address the game's flaws.

     

    7.3 is supposed to come out this month.  It makes adjustments to the USSR heavy tank tree.  Perhaps it will address some of the game problems but I doubt it.  So I have played my last game until 7.3

     

    Bottom line - WG is only interested in $ now and does not care about the player base.  Furthermore - WG is more interested in players who play Clan War (because to be competitive you need to buy gold ammo, gold consumables, etc. and you need to have gold tanks to earn silver in public matches to pay for your Clan War tanks) because these people spend real $.  Those of us not into Clan Wars who want to stay in public matches are SOL.

    I would also mention that the amount of module damaging criticals including more than one on a shot is way up.

    The way to "fix" all module damage at once is with an item that costs gold, which is real life real life $$$.

    This is also an opinion and not a fact. I have not seen a difference in module damage since the update.

    Honestly what game are you playing?

     

    Arguing that something did/didn't happen because you can't prove it did/didn't happen is an argument falicy, Google it, also you failed to mention there is a new crew skill that detects enemy critical module damage.

     

    Hmmmmmmmmmm?

     

    Ironic?

     

    Or just read the the official forums where there is a "stickied" thread dealing with it, believe it's called "Zero damage criticals"

    Zero damage criticals have been a problem since I started. This update did not introduce that. What happened though is this update changed the message you get. You used to hear a comment about critical hit from your crew, now you get a message about penewtration that instead does no damage.

     

    I play the game you claim you play, only I do not see everything through the glasses you wear that makes WG out to get you.

     

    There is also a new crew skill that causes more critical hits, but proving it works has been up for debate.

     

    Also your own claims would qualify as an argument fallacy, since you are claiming what you can not prove. Google it.

     

    /gasp

    /amazing

     

    Thanks for making the point of increased criticals with mentioning the new skill that you walked into.

     

    You made my point as my point was increased criticals in game.

    Your point is still up for debate or did you miss the part about it being questioned? As of now that crew skill has not been proven to be working in game. You claim more modules damaged, I say I have not seen a noticable increase.

     

    I walked into nothing, I clearly know what was added and I clearly debate its effectiveness as of today.

     

    You might want to learn to debate without being a troll, people might care then.

  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 1,930 Uncommon

    Originally posted by Rokurgepta


    Originally posted by MMOGamer71



    Originally posted by Rokurgepta



    Originally posted by MMOGamer71



    Originally posted by Rokurgepta



    Originally posted by MMOGamer71



    Originally posted by cptndunsel


    I too came back to give 7.2 a try.  Here are my observations.


    WG did not address any of the user complaints.  Not a single one.  MM, vision system, ghost shells, tier spread, tier stacking (one side gets a larger # of a specific tier or gets a larger # of a specific tank than the opponent - I've been in tier 10 matches where their team had 5 tier 9 to our 2 or had 5 IS-3/IS-4 to maybe 1 for my team), etc

    The 2 new maps are meh.  One, as previously commented, is a fishbowl where certain tanks are worthless, the other is a clone of an existing map added at 7.x with just a few changes.  Even the lake is in the same spot on the map with the same shape.

    Increase to SPG earnings has brought higher # of SPGs back into matches - something the previous nerf was supposed to prevent - so a lot more "arty parties" which are a drag for tank drivers.  Especially with so many people having SU-51 these days (1 hit can do about 1800 dmg which will 1-shot most tanks... and this is a tier 6 SPG)

    Dramatic nerf to credit earnings of tier 4-7 while raising repair costs.  For the first time ever - and with a premium account - I lost silver on 2 runs in my Tier 7 Panther due to very bad teams.  This will force players with high tier tanks to embrace yet more arty OR to buy premium tanks which can farm silver.  Clearly WG wants to disincent ppl from using tier 5 to earn silver as they had done - and get ppl to spend $30-50 for a tank.

    By gifting a new tier 8 premium T34 to players who had purchased a normal tier 9 T34, and then replacing the old tier 9 with a new US tier 9 tank, WG has once again created a large bulge of players around Tier 8 and Tier 9.  This completely destroys the bell curve for determining which tier match you get when playing randoms.  Example - a tier 5 has a 5 tier spread and can get a tier 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 match.  In theory there should be a 20% chance for any given match that you get one of these.  In reality the entire thing in skewed right so you get tier 8 or 9 matches 80% of the time.  WG's software was coded with certain assumptions around player distribution which have long been bogus.  Result is - tier 4-7 really get shafted, placed in matches where they contribute little and are easily killed by higher tiers.  Where is the "fun" here?


    Instead of addressing user issues, complaints, and suggestions - WG gave us fancier explosions, 2 new meh maps, added to the bulge of tier 8-9 tanks, gave us nice little emblems in our garage that show how we are performing in each tank versus the general population, and changes the in-battle icon system a bit so you can more easily see what enemy tank you are facing and what health he is at.  The changes made are for the most part decent but to not address the game's flaws.

     

    7.3 is supposed to come out this month.  It makes adjustments to the USSR heavy tank tree.  Perhaps it will address some of the game problems but I doubt it.  So I have played my last game until 7.3

     

    Bottom line - WG is only interested in $ now and does not care about the player base.  Furthermore - WG is more interested in players who play Clan War (because to be competitive you need to buy gold ammo, gold consumables, etc. and you need to have gold tanks to earn silver in public matches to pay for your Clan War tanks) because these people spend real $.  Those of us not into Clan Wars who want to stay in public matches are SOL.

    I would also mention that the amount of module damaging criticals including more than one on a shot is way up.

    The way to "fix" all module damage at once is with an item that costs gold, which is real life real life $$$.

    This is also an opinion and not a fact. I have not seen a difference in module damage since the update.

    Honestly what game are you playing?

     

    Arguing that something did/didn't happen because you can't prove it did/didn't happen is an argument falicy, Google it, also you failed to mention there is a new crew skill that detects enemy critical module damage.

     

    Hmmmmmmmmmm?

     

    Ironic?

     

    Or just read the the official forums where there is a "stickied" thread dealing with it, believe it's called "Zero damage criticals"

    Zero damage criticals have been a problem since I started. This update did not introduce that. What happened though is this update changed the message you get. You used to hear a comment about critical hit from your crew, now you get a message about penewtration that instead does no damage.

     

    I play the game you claim you play, only I do not see everything through the glasses you wear that makes WG out to get you.

     

    There is also a new crew skill that causes more critical hits, but proving it works has been up for debate.

     

    Also your own claims would qualify as an argument fallacy, since you are claiming what you can not prove. Google it.

     

    /gasp

    /amazing

     

    Thanks for making the point of increased criticals with mentioning the new skill that you walked into.

     

    You made my point as my point was increased criticals in game.

    Your point is still up for debate or did you miss the part about it being questioned? As of now that crew skill has not been proven to be working in game. You claim more modules damaged, I say I have not seen a noticable increase.

     

    I walked into nothing, I clearly know what was added and I clearly debate its effectiveness as of today.

     

    You might want to learn to debate without being a troll, people might care then.

     

    Really?  WG.net introduced a skill that doesn't work? 

    My position of increased criticals is based off of:

    1) 7000+ games

    2) Two new crew skills dealing specifically with criticals.

     

    Your position is based off of community college debate class? 

    But I'd expect the "troll" to be thrown around when your position offers zero facts to back it up.

     

    Sounds like tinfoil hat time for you.

«13
Sign In or Register to comment.