Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cover-up: MMORPG.com staff is trying to conceal TOR's low population!

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/121712995-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/121690463-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/121671543-4.jpg

I've recently been posting some screenshots of TOR's population, only to have them be continually deleted by the MMORPG.com staff. They're trying to cover-up the fact that this game is dying, even when hard evidence is being provided, by deleting any screenshots that showcase this game's true population. These three screenshots were deleted within minutes of being posted to the gallery.

Comments

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

meh.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Xfire only tracks Xfire users.  In the entirety of my gaming career since 1995, I have never known an Xfire user.  I'm not sure who uses Xfire, but it's far from a number that creates a scientifically or statistically accurate profile of ANY game's population.

This doesn't mean SWTOR's population is healthy, it simply means that Xfire is not the way to analyze it.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Never a dull moment.Some of the conspiracy theorists here are more entertaining than 9/11 truthers.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• nekrothingnekrothing Member Posts: 302

Originally posted by just1opinion

Xfire only tracks Xfire users.  In the entirety of my gaming career since 1995, I have never known an Xfire user.  I'm not sure who uses Xfire, but it's far from a number that creates a scientifically or statistically accurate profile of ANY game's population.

I'm not tracking statistics through xfire. I used xfire to take pictures of my character in what are supposed to be highly populated areas during prime-time hours, only to end up being the only character in the zones at the time.

xfire has nothing to do with any of this other than the fact that that's where I hosted my pictures.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Originally posted by ktanner3

Never a dull moment.Some of the conspiracy theorists here are more entertaining than 9/11 truthers.

+1

Might I tweak it a bit?....ToR Truthers...

• nekrothingnekrothing Member Posts: 302

Originally posted by ktanner3

It's not a "conspiracy theory" if it's true.

Whenever I post photos like these in the MMORPG.com gallery, they are always deleted within minutes of being uploaded.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Wow! Only 1 other person in that zone during prime time? I knew things were grim in World of TORcraft . . . but not that grim.

Are the Jedi Pandas any fun to play?

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

This doesn't mean SWTOR's population is healthy, it simply means that Xfire is not the way to analyze it.

Actually what X-Fire DOES show is the decrease thrend.  It IS a sample.  It shows a proportionate decrease or culmative frequency more or less I beleive is the term.

Regardless you might want to look at the pics before responding as it apears you didn't since as the pics are not graphs but in-game pics.  What I got out of it was that there was one or two people in a zone.  A republic fleet, Illium, and forget the third at what should be peak hours.  Midnight, 9 PMish and forget the third.  Granted the biggest fault is there is display of the server which not sure you could even display it in game.

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

So you make a thread on MMORPG.com about MMORPG.com deleting your stuff? We'll see how long this one makes it LOL.

Keep up the tenasity bro, maybe you'll find some outlet that will cover the story for you that doesn't get paid off by BioEA.

Yeah yeah tin foil hat but I like it.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by nekrothing

I'm not tracking statistics through xfire. I used xfire to take pictures of my character in what are supposed to be highly populated areas during prime-time hours, only to end up being the only character in the zones at the time.

xfire has nothing to do with any of this other than the fact that that's where I hosted my pictures.

Ahh, gotcha.  I don't always click on links that I'm unfamiliar with so....didn't quite get your point.  Thanks for clarifying.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320

cute how you're screaming at the top of the mountain declaring the death of TOR and you haven't disclosed your Time Zone and what server you are on. [mod edit]

• EnoshEnosh Member Posts: 140

cool,

DOOOOOMED

along with

in one post

• PsythosPsythos Member UncommonPosts: 124

Tor is doing fine. Its a fun game. its still very young and that is no excuse for it, it is a fact. people will come and go but you can bet it will be doing just fine for years to come.

I see a lot of these types of posts and to be very honest it reminds me of small children hinting something to an adult to get their opinion because children have a hard time forming their own.

The fact is plenty of people are playing and really like the game. If you dont why would you waste time in your life to preach about it. This is what tells me you are looking for help in forming an opinion.

• darkehawkedarkehawke Member Posts: 178

I have footage of Obama personally ordering the cover up of the SWTOR population figures. Meet me under the water tower at midnight and I'll tell you everything. Come alone, and make sure you're not followed.

Currently playing- SWG PreCU & GW 2
    Have tried WoW, AoC, & Vanguard, SWG:NGE, GW, LOTRO & SWTOR
    Best MMO: SWG
    Worst MMO: SWTOR

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

While I usually avoid conspiracies - mmorpg.com has raved about ToR in recent months.  I can't remember how many times in articles about the game they have used the words "groundbreaking", " Innovative", "fun" and other hyperboles to describe the subpars mechanics or ToR.

Would it really surprise anyone that a gaming company paid a gaming website to give them some good press?  Is it that far fetched? 

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    TS, it'll be good if you can.post it at the.official forum.also. there's an out cry over there for server mergers for quite sometime now, which I think bw refuse to do it in hoping that patch 1.2 will bring players back.

if this site really deletes thread bade on truth than its really sad, means only glorified discussion regarding games are allow.

phew ... good thing I didn't bash wow XD

RIP Orc Choppa

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273

I don't QUITE think this is what they had in mind when they came up with the Infinity Monkey Theorem...

• KorgborgKorgborg Member UncommonPosts: 116

Ahh, gotcha.  I don't always click on links that I'm unfamiliar with so....didn't quite get your point.  Thanks for clarifying.

+1  just1

We need more of this type of exchange. :D

If you cut it too short you can always nail a piece on the end.

If you cut it too long then what the hell are you gonna do?

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Just1opinion this is your lucky day! Meet the OP, he's an Xfire user. 1st time for everything I guess huh? Also, like he said, he's not posting Xfire statistics so that debate does not count here.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

"Hello! I'm looking for a group for Hammer Station. Come in."

::pensive static and crackling::

"Hello? Hel . . . damnit. Maybe if I put this tinfoil hat on, I'll be able to boost my signal. LFG for Flashpoint!!  DPS Jedi Panda, looking for Tank and heals, Hammer Station. Mom, QUIT LAUGHING AT ME BACK THERE!"

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by reploidx

cute how you're screaming at the top of the mountain declaring the death of TOR and you haven't disclosed your Time Zone and what server you are on. Fail troll is Fail

TS is from US, screen shots showing 8pm, which is prime time, sometimes a little bit of clicking helps...

RIP Orc Choppa

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by reploidx

cute how you're screaming at the top of the mountain declaring the death of TOR and you haven't disclosed your Time Zone and what server you are on. Fail troll is Fail

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=350700&page=98

This is a 98 page thread on the official Forum entitled "are Server populations dropping" I don't believe when a game is booming that type of thread gains so much traction, it is not the only thread, there are massive "please merge the server" threads and "SWTOR is dying" ones too. It seem the SWTOR players also believe that there is a problem, or maybe they are the players who don't believe in SWTOR hard enough.
  • ByzokByzok Member UncommonPosts: 8

What is the point of your post?  If you do not like the game, move on or return to what ever entertains you. 

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

As much as I want to flame the O.P the pictures do not lie. What I would like to ask though is what server where you on? Not that it really matters but a few of them did turn into ghost towns a month after release. I do remember beeing the only toon in fleet once but that was one morning at 4am not at peak time like this.  Also, I am pretty sure I have seen one of these pictures before in the gallery a few months ago, it was on the front page for some time  It was one of these or somebody elses doing the same thing. It would have been cool if your player search was for the whole server rather than specific zones.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by darkehawke

I have footage of Obama personally ordering the cover up of the SWTOR population figures. Meet me under the water tower at midnight and I'll tell you everything. Come alone, and make sure you're not followed.

I KNEW IT!!! Not only can Obama hide his birth certificate and make the media not care, but he is now reaching into gaming. This man MUST be stopped. 

/SARCASM OFF for those that can't tell sarcasm when they read it.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

This discussion has been closed.