Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Pretty Much the Worst of What Everyone Was Expecting

Comments

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

It has it's fun moments but certainly not the Diablo we wanted.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Originally posted by Celcius

There is a reason the game is breaking pre-order sales records (and probably PC game launch records). The reason being, that the game is great in beta and people trust Blizzard. Blizzard has never made a game that did not sell really well, hell I don't remember the last one to not break sales records, so they have brand loyalty. Brand loyalty is earned, not bought. People buy Blizzard games because they trust the investment they are making to be a good one. Contrary to what some people may believe, the game will be huge.

It is all about the name Blizzard North made happen.  It is just a popular franchise good or not peope will go play it. 

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by Souldrainer

There is a reason the game is breaking pre-order sales records (and probably PC game launch records). The reason being, that the game is great in beta and people trust Blizzard. Blizzard has never made a game that did not sell really well, hell I don't remember the last one to not break sales records, so they have brand loyalty. Brand loyalty is earned, not bought. People buy Blizzard games because they trust the investment they are making to be a good one. Contrary to what some people may believe, the game will be huge.

I don't see anybody here saying it will flop.  What we are saying though... is Blizzard basically blended the world with Helloy Kitty and added a Buy to Win system, and people are OK with it.  It's a sad day for gaming.

Will the game be high quality?  Sure.  It will be of amazing quality...  the absolute best Warcraft ARPG you can imagine!  Will the game be a solid and true sequel to the Diablo series?  Not by a long shot.

Why exactly is Diablo 3 a Warcraft ARPG? I am listening. Amuse me.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309

Originally posted by fivoroth

I don't see anybody here saying it will flop.  What we are saying though... is Blizzard basically blended the world with Helloy Kitty and added a Buy to Win system, and people are OK with it.  It's a sad day for gaming.

Will the game be high quality?  Sure.  It will be of amazing quality...  the absolute best Warcraft ARPG you can imagine!  Will the game be a solid and true sequel to the Diablo series?  Not by a long shot.

Yeah...me too. Since it pre-dates Warcraft. I'd be interested too. How many pages are in this thread? All to "try" and make D3 seem bad? Sorry...still buying it. Thanks for your input though

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

#1 Existence of pre-rendered Best in Slot items.

#2 Pastel Colors.

#3 Pandaria skill tree system.

#4 Forced Online play.

#5 Existence of Bind on Pickup items.

... for starters.  The similarities don't end there, not  by a long shot.  But then, they are adding RMT auctions.  /fail

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• trashbugtrashbug Member Posts: 7

World of Warcraft. Ok, I understand now :)

Don't forget that the D3 dev team is mostly composed of WOW players or devs. This explains that.

#2 Pastel Colors.

#4 Forced Online play.

... for starters.  The similarities don't end there, not  by a long shot.  But then, they are adding RMT auctions.  /fail

Almost everything you said there was started in Diablo....wtf?

Pandaria skill tree...wha?

Forced online play is new...get over it

Bind on pickup is new, but not exclusive to any Blizzard product....

Do....do you know what you are talking about? At all?

Originally posted by trashbug

World of Warcraft. Ok, I understand now :)

Don't forget that the D3 dev team is mostly composed of WOW players or devs. This explains that.

There are many reasons why they did it, WOW fan recognition among them... but what about Diablo fan recognition?  Blizzard has no clue why Diablo was great.  They only know why Warcraft was great, and that is why it's a WOW ARPG.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Ah, thank you OP for assuming to speak for everyone, good looking out.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

/shakes head

You pople MUST realise that the stuff they did in WOW was based on Diablo....right? So many things were adapted from Diablo to WoW. Not the reverse.

Originally posted by Kinchyle

#2 Pastel Colors.

#4 Forced Online play.

WOW... you are so blind you don't even comprehend my post?

#1 Diablo 1 and 2 had random items, not BIS shit.

#2 Pastels in D1 or two?  Where?

#3 Look at the talent trees of Pandaria and Diablo... almost identical.

#4 Both D1 and D2 could be played offline with no internet at launch.  Then WOW came out.

#5 Has never been in Diablo 1, 2.

Even the Barbarian armor sets look like WOW's warrior sets from older versions.

Yup, you are delusional/

• ArEfArEf Member Posts: 233

#4 Both D1 and D2 could be played offline with no internet at launch.  Then WOW came out.

Yup, you are delusional/

You're arguing with a brainwashed fanboy. I don't understand what you're expecting.

Add me on Steam!

RawrfulCast - My YouTube Channel
    Me and a Friend are Bad At Games :(

Originally posted by ArEf

Yup, you are delusional/

You're arguing with a brainwashed fanboy. I don't understand what you're expecting.

Good point.  I guess I should stop.

Originally posted by Kinchyle

#2 Pastel Colors.

#4 Forced Online play.

Yup, you are delusional/

#1 SO WHAT? btw...D3 STILL HAS RANDOM ITEMS....wtf?

#2 There ARE NO PASTELS IN 3!!

#3 ALSO SO WHAT? Diablo always had a tree...and NEITHER 1 OR 2 where the same. What's your point?

#4 Also ALSO SO WHAT? They are doing it different for very valid reasons that you are too butthurt to accept

#5 Also also ALSO SO WHAT?!? They are doing it for a reason that AGAIN you are too butthurt to see. BIE is in almost every MMO now. They are dealing with the multi-player aspect more now. Neither D1 OR 2 had to deal with such issues. D2 FORCED this issue along with the new gameplay.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

D3 was completely dumbed down and WoW-ified. there's no point arguing otherwise.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

I wasnt expecting nothing out of it. The best of what Diabo had to offer was in D2... for me gameplay>graphics and the best that could be delivered in a game like this was in D2 so i was only expecting a graphic improvement...

...like Blizz did with starcraft...and managed to sold quite a bunch of that flop to many ppl, so they will do the same withh D3.

I was a big fan of WoW..played it for 4 years...still the best gaming experience i had so far, but as i grew older i also learned to look at things with a more "wiser" perspective. And, in my modest opinion, Blizz is now a money making machine and has nothing of quality to offer and no new ideas.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Seems like another case of some self-absorbed guy being butthurt because the game wasn't tailored the way they felt it should be (a D2 clone by the looks of it). Blizzard has evolved, I think it's time for you to consider the same.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

Seriously? Again? This is really starting to annoy me.

Don't put stupid titles like "Pretty much the worst of what everyone was expecting."

THAT IS YOUR OPINION, NOT "EVERYONES."

Just because you do not like the game doesn't mean other people won't.

I loved Diablo2 and I love Diablo3, like millions of other people do, you are in the minority, not us.

This thread makes you sould like a troll. 

If you don't like the game don't buy it, don't play it, ignore it. End of.

• DogPeeOnTreeDogPeeOnTree Member Posts: 92

I would never understand what people really espect more from diablo 3 graphics.I mean pls show example what is ur meaning of graphics in rpg game like this.I got not very good laptop and i hope i run the game on high with good fps,,thx to the so called "shit graphics".Blizard knows how to make a game to run on low end hardware.Idk wat the fuck anyone want for from the fuckin graphics reallly.All i know D3 and torchlight  2 and some diablo styled mmo forgot name ima play them.In the end we all know u wil return to D3 suck it and play it.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    So much rage in this post. I want to directly respond to the misinformation you guys keep posting, but there's just to much of it.

"Pastels!!! Zomgwtdbbqlollerskates!!".

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by Clerigo

I wasnt expecting nothing out of it. The best of what Diabo had to offer was in D2... for me gameplay>graphics and the best that could be delivered in a game like this was in D2 so i was only expecting a graphic improvement...

...like Blizz did with starcraft...and managed to sold quite a bunch of that flop to many ppl, so they will do the same withh D3.

I was a big fan of WoW..played it for 4 years...still the best gaming experience i had so far, but as i grew older i also learned to look at things with a more "wiser" perspective. And, in my modest opinion, Blizz is now a money making machine and has nothing of quality to offer and no new ideas.

Who wants to play a reskinned game of Diablo 2? If graphics aren't an issue then play diablo 2. I don't want the same game, I want a new one.

Who are you to determine what is a flop and what isn't. SC2 is one of the most sponsored and played games in the world, so much for being a flop.

Wise people don't usually have contradictions in their statements. Think on that for a bit.

I dont need to think, i "see" it my friend.

If you are ok by buying a new car for you and your familly, that has fresh new lines, but uses the same engine, transmission, etc of the older one..i say...good for you. Buy it and have fun...but better test if those brakes are better than the old ones...you may crash...

Who wants to play a reskinned game of Diablo 2? If graphics aren't an issue then play diablo 2. I don't want the same game, I want a new one.

Who are you to determine what is a flop and what isn't. SC2 is one of the most sponsored and played games in the world, so much for being a flop.

Wise people don't usually have contradictions in their statements. Think on that for a bit.

Wise people don't usually use usually in their statements. Think on that for a bit.

Add me on Steam!

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Here's a handy reference for you guy who keepsclaiming pastels. 

Pastels: 

Diablo 3:

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

I dont need to think, i "see" it my friend.

If you are ok by buying a new car for you and your familly, that has fresh new lines, but uses the same engine, transmission, etc of the older one..i say...good for you. Buy it and have fun...but better test if those brakes are better than the old ones...you may crash...

Except the fact that you are wrong by so far about D3. No "reskinning". No "same engine" (where do you get your info?), no same "anything". Which is why it's called D3...not D2 and 1/2

Originally posted by dubyahite

Here's a handy reference for you OP

Pastels: 

Diablo 3:

Nicely cherrypicked screenshots.

Yet in that bottom one, that witch doctor is wearing neonpink clothing.

Also, I'm not the one who was talking about pastels so I don't know why you're addressing this at me.

Add me on Steam!