Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Pretty Much the Worst of What Everyone Was Expecting

Comments

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

It does not matter what u say OP i will be playing it may 15th !

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by spikers14

Originally posted by ArEf

...You could say it has a certain style to it, if you thought style could mean "looks like it's from early 21st century". 

Ummm...we are in the early 21st century? So youre saying the game is modern. Your post is nothing more than a rant OP, no critical evaluation here.

I cant take serious a person that is not oriented in time and space.

• Lambon23Lambon23 Member UncommonPosts: 66

I will be buying and then playing this game religiously for years; just like I did with Diablo 2.

Your opinions cannot sway me or anyone with a good understanding of video games.

The RMAH does suck, but that's Blizzard remedying the fact that other people were making money off of their intellectual property. If anyone is to blame for this era of microtransactions; it's the braindead gamers who would rather be rewarded with trophies and achievments..

Remember when rewards consisted of special items, characters, CONTENT? Now you have to buy that stuff with real money.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by Aori

Bleh thought this thread was finally dead.. and the OP had to go and bring it back.

The OP needed more then a week to think of a reply and finally settled for: "You just don't understand me and thus you suck!"

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

what OP was expecting? 

Diablo 3 is almost Diablo 2 with better graphics. someone who like Diablo 2 will like Diablo 3.

co-op was very fun on beta, the game is all about grind for the best stuff but that is the focus of this games. monk was just amazing, ver fun to play.

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by Lambon23

The RMAH does suck, but that's Blizzard remedying the fact that other people were making money off of their intellectual property.  

In essence the RMAH is nothing of a remedy, is just more of the same virus.

RMAH will make easy money for blizzard and all the other people making money with blizzard product just gonna do more money out of it and more spreading like a disease.

I like diablo in all but that buisness model is just making me cry, what an outrage (hey chill, anyway who gives a fuck?)

I like to play a game to escape a bit from the reality. Mixing it with money and drop rate is just not right.

How do they balance revenue this year? increase drop rate on some item, or make really difficult to find?

Just like a car accelarate or brake, how do they balance the game? with their account balance ?

It's just fucked up shit, and it's just a game.

I can't believe what gamers are willing to endure just to get that game.

Few people understand this, it's not about gaming anymore it's just about making money.

They destroyed diablo the game to make it diablo the product you need.

Even if the game is the best ever made it is still made to take your money , not made for you to play.

You'll be back for more soon just wait, no wait, don't wait just get it now.

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Originally posted by Bushi1

In essence the RMAH is nothing of a remedy, is just more of the same virus.

RMAH will make easy money for blizzard and all the other people making money with blizzard product just gonna do more money out of it and more spreading like a disease.

I like diablo in all but that buisness model is just making me not playing it.

I like to play a game to escape a bit from the reality. Mixing it with money and drop rate is just not right.

How do they balance revenue this year? increase drop rate on some item, or make really difficult to find?

Just like a car accelarate or brake, how do they balance the game? with their account balance ?

It's just fucked up shit, and it's just a game.

I can't believe what gamers are willing to endure just to get that game.

Few people understand this, it's not about gaming anymore it's just about making money.

They destroyed diablo the game to make it diablo the product you need.

Even if the game is the best ever made it is still made to take your money , not made for you to play.

You'll be back for more soon just wait, no wait, don't wait just get it now.

I have no intention of using any of the 2 AH's simply because I like to get my own stuff and collect the gold I can get in the game via drops and such.

• StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110

I'm not going to dig through this entire thread but I see most people complaining about not allocating stats and skills - yet there are still 2.8 trillion possible builds (or more correctly said combinations). I think people are doubting the number of options with this new system and simply see it at face value.

Viable, not optimal builds (unless you're on hardcore).

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by bronecar

I have no intention of using any of the 2 AH's simply because I like to get my own stuff and collect the gold I can get in the game via drops and such.

Yes maybe, but then again it's build in the game.

There is a bigger chance that you'll end up ussing it after having spend countless of hours playing the game, a far bigger chance to change your mind later on. (yes, blizzard made some serious researche about the spending gamer)

Of course for now you might be like king Leonidas saying :'"this is sparta !! I wil not fail !!"

but guess what, even gods can bleed.

Temptation is therefor we consume, envy and hate.

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• ResiakrawResiakraw Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by Strycker

I'm not going to dig through this entire thread but I see most people complaining about not allocating stats and skills - yet there are still 2.8 trillion possible builds (or more correctly said combinations). I think people are doubting the number of options with this new system and simply see it at face value.

Viable, not optimal builds (unless you're on hardcore).

Eh, same simple mindedness that was infesting the GW2 forums. "OMG what only 10 skills. What an easy mode game with no customization" without having any real understanding of the weapon combinations, traits systems, environmental weapons, and the combinations in which some of those skills can be used to create various chains not only as an individual but as a team working to create cross proffession combos.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

For me, this game goes on the "much later / cheap rack" list.

Always on internet connect (bad, because I travel), RMAH (bad in general, worse for a single player game) and finally the no choice on allocating skill points upon advancement.

That last one is just insulting, like picking stat points was "too hard" for people. /raise finger

It's like a race to see what developer can stupid down the old game franchises the fastest.

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

Originally posted by Burntvet

Always on internet connect (bad, because I travel), RMAH (bad in general, worse for a single player game) and finally the no choice on allocating skill points upon advancement.

That last one is just insulting, like picking stat points was "too hard" for people. /raise finger

It's like a race to see what developer can stupid down the old game franchises the fastest.

They are going for a cash grab. Its sad...But enough people are gullibel. And it will be a great success.  Real D2 fans will often play PoE instead. Because that is the real game. Everyhting you ever hoped would be a true sequel. But to play it you will have to avoid Blizzard.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Originally posted by Hurvart

They are going for a cash grab. Its sad...But enough people are gullibel. And it will be a great success.  Real D2 fans will often play PoE instead. Because that is the real game. Everyhting you ever hoped would be a true sequel. But to play it you will have to avoid Blizzard.

Who you calling gullibel...seems you are just an average uninformed Blizzard hater.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Hurvart

QQ you clearly know nothing but d3.

I guess you must have missed the memo... you can play online with other people. Single player game? lol

Originally posted by Resiakraw

I guess you must have missed the memo... you can play online with other people. Single player game? lol

Can does not equal must.

If a game can be played by yourself, it is by definition a single player game. As opposed to an MMO or arena shooter.

It can also be a multi/co-op game, but is not necessarily so.

But saying the opposite is not true, that you must  play D3 with other people (wrong),  and is thus a multiplayer game and not a single player game, is a moronic mis-statement of fact.

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

Not getting it...I was happy to see it when it announced, I really enjoyed the SINGLE player experience of Diablo 1 & 2 and wanted to get that feeling back, and dive in to its story...

But they bastardised this version...so...thanks but no thanks.

Ciao!

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard

Can does not equal must.

If a game can be played by yourself, it is by definition a single player game. As opposed to an MMO or arena shooter.

But saying the opposite is not true, that you must  play D3 withother people,  and is thus a multiplayer game and not s single player game, is a moronic mis-statement of fact.

If a game can be played online with other people, it is by definition a multi-player game. As opposed to a single player game.

It can also be a single player game, but is not necessarily so.

But saying the opposite is not true, that you must play D3 by yourself, and is thus a single player game and not a multi-player game, is a moronic mis-statement of fact.

Funny how that works....

Anyway youre simply wrong. The fact that you have the option to play with others immediately removes it from the single player category. At best, you could perhaps consider it a single player game with multiplayer support, but in no way is it JUST single player. Your choice to play it as only a single player game does not redefine the game itself. Similarly, choosing to wipe yourself with your hand after defecating does not redefine your hand as toilet paper. It is still a hand, regardless of  how you choose to use it.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Yes please give me back stats so if i want to try a new build i ll have to pour 60 or 80 more game hours to create a new toon as opposed to just collect different sets of gear and equip them to change my playstyle.

And give me back those wonderful d2 skill trees too, so i could pour a few hundred more game hours just to explore the possibilities of each class.

Make my choices meaningful. Make my choices matter... I want to be married to my toon. I cant stand these noobish , spoon fed kids, that approach this whole business as if we were playing video games.Give me back  the old  gaming spirit, when if we had a quest to kill 10 rats, we actually had to go out of our houses with a stick and kill in real life at least 3 of them. Make again video games for real men..

Can does not equal must.

But saying the opposite is not true, that you must  play D3 withother people,  and is thus a multiplayer game and not s single player game, is a moronic mis-statement of fact.

If a game can be played online with other people, it is by definition a multi-player game. As opposed to a single player game.

It can also be a single player game, but is not necessarily so.

But saying the opposite is not true, that you must play D3 by yourself, and is thus a single player game and not a multi-player game, is a moronic mis-statement of fact.

Funny how that works....

Anyway youre simply wrong. The fact that you have the option to play with others immediately removes it from the single player category. At best, you could perhaps consider it a single player game with multiplayer support, but in no way is it JUST single player. Your choice to play it as only a single player game does not redefine the game itself. Similarly, choosing to wipe yourself with your hand after defecating does not redefine your hand as toilet paper. It is still a hand, regardless of  how you choose to use it.

And you sir, refuse to see. If I wanted to play D3 totally solo, I could.

The same can not be said for any true multiplayer game or MMO, or those other games with no single player content at all.

All of which is totally irrelevant to my original post and the reasons I will not play D3, in the forseeable future and all of which were not the case with D2 (which I played extensively):

1. Always online connection sucks for a game that is/can be single player (Not a problem with D2)

2. Company planned, sanctioned, and integrated RMAH for a game that many will play single player only (Not a problem with D2, and also a main reason for the required internet connection)

3. Automatically applied stats to all toons of all types - no choice for any skill selection (Not a problem with D2).

All of those things are existing facts/features and reasons I will not be playing the game.

Please take your trolling and baiting comments to a less informed audience.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Grim Dawn has exceeded funding on kickstarter...just saying.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by dzoni87

Originally posted by rammur65

Just a little info of the day torchlight is headed by the orginal guys from the original diablo games matter fact they were in the process of making diablo 3 but because it didnt meet the expectations of vivendi they were let go where they ran off and created flagship games then they got canned because main guy left or something like that now they started up on runic games.

Just reminded me on this article

http://kotaku.com/5761172/this-is-what-diablo-iii-looked-like-a-long-time-ago/gallery/1

Article and couple of Screenshots of what could be Diablo 3 by, today's Runic games...

This is what bugs me the most about this issue. People mock Torchlight and say DIII is the best because a tiny two-bit team like Runic couldn't make a game as good as the old Diablo games.

Except they did.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865

There is a reason the game is breaking pre-order sales records (and probably PC game launch records). The reason being, that the game is great in beta and people trust Blizzard. Blizzard has never made a game that did not sell really well, hell I don't remember the last one to not break sales records, so they have brand loyalty. Brand loyalty is earned, not bought. People buy Blizzard games because they trust the investment they are making to be a good one. Contrary to what some people may believe, the game will be huge.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by Celcius

There is a reason the game is breaking pre-order sales records (and probably PC game launch records). The reason being, that the game is great in beta and people trust Blizzard. Blizzard has never made a game that did not sell really well, hell I don't remember the last one to not break sales records, so they have brand loyalty. Brand loyalty is earned, not bought. People buy Blizzard games because they trust the investment they are making to be a good one. Contrary to what some people may believe, the game will be huge.

I don't see anybody here saying it will flop.  What we are saying though... is Blizzard basically blended the world with Helloy Kitty and added a Buy to Win system, and people are OK with it.  It's a sad day for gaming.

Will the game be high quality?  Sure.  It will be of amazing quality...  the absolute best Warcraft ARPG you can imagine!  Will the game be a solid and true sequel to the Diablo series?  Not by a long shot.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• trashbugtrashbug Member Posts: 7

Diablo 3 is a game for a new generation of players, who didn't grow up on roguelikes, D1 or D2. I think it will be a good "first hack n slash" for these people. If I were 14 again, I would jump on Diablo 3 to play with my friends. I would roar in anticipation, wanting to roll a Wizard (throwing lasers!) or a barb (turning into a super sayan!). Yay. No wonder D3 is the most preordered game ever on Amazon. It will be a huge success.

Anyway, the good thing is that there are plenty of D3 alternatives: Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, Torchlight 2. Heck, I even had fun playing Darkspore, Dungeons of Dredmor or the "old" Titan Quest. Oh and don't forget Guild Wars 2.